The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

• Moderators

There was a mockup for a dark australis theme set to become the private mode theme

I usually don't like dark themes (browsers, OS, software, etc.,), however that one looks really good.

Tabs on bottom is actually disabled in Nightly or Aurora now I think.

Damn. Give with one hand and take with the other lol. Fingers crossed there'll be a mod or extension to sort that by the time it's released.

• 2 weeks later...

New cache system for firefox being played with, builds available for testing on the page.

Seems to just make a 'cache2' folder and do its business in there, not sure how this will affect CCleaner (if it ever lands on stable....)

Edit:

A recent nightly changed the look of the in-page find bar

new:

2013-07-11_003940.png

old:

2013-07-11_004002.png

Edit:

Also seems the find bar will be moved to the top

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=869543

Edited by Winapp2.ini

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

@Winapp2.ini is post-21882-13785100275978_thumb.jpg

the highlighted area all Firefox or just mobile?

If all (edit that's why you pay attention when using Swype™) so is that why ccleaner was causing some people issues?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Sorry, I think I was unclear. I meant the bug in local storage pre version 23. The option is from a add-on

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

notable landings this week:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=885477

move nightly users to Balrog (Balrog is the new backend updater - pretty sure it's something server side but i don't know the implications)

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=904346

Add SWF support to Firefox with Shumway

• Moderators

Looks more like Opera's Speed Dial to me.

They say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I don't mind the metro style but it would be nice to have a classic skin option to keep everyone happy.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I don't mind the metro style but it would be nice to have a classic skin option to keep everyone happy.

Oh I don't mind them changing it (much), just wish developers would have a little originality instead of, en masse, following the crowd.

Oh and does the dark theme properly exist yet or has it been dropped?

No info on that but I'll do some digging.

Ux isn't actually metro-ish imo.. looks more like the current Chrome for windows interface (don't tell the developers that.. they'll tell you Australis has CURVES and chrome has ANGLES!)

I actually think it looks nice but they've gutted a lot of functionality and customization and a lot of users are upset. I'll post some screenshots from the ux build later

Not so far as options, Shane, at least not in so many words.

They've merged the back/forward buttons to the URL bar and bound the favorites star to it as well - both changes many who customize the ui aren't fond of. They've disabled tabs on bottom, among other things as well.

JDPower: I've asked on MozillaZine and the consensus is that it never got passed mockup stages, but that it also wouldn't be difficult to implement as a theme.

They've disabled tabs on bottom

Excellent. Only one interface region needs to be capable of housing the tabs. Less code, more performance. Also saves time, as they don't need to do QA and unit testing for both interface variations.

They've merged the back/forward buttons to the URL bar and bound the favorites star to it as well.

I think the number of people who actually customized this would be pretty small. I'd also wager the majority of the group are capable of installing an extension that would revert those changes. That's the benefit of a rich, extensible API: you don't need to include a thousand different customization options.

From a developer's standpoint, we power users are the worst.

I'm Shane.

JDPower: I've asked on MozillaZine and the consensus is that it never got passed mockup stages, but that it also wouldn't be difficult to implement as a theme.

Thanks greatly for checking, hopefully someone will pick it up and run with it as a theme. I've not bothered with themes for a couple of years (with the exception of a Persona theme), but that I WOULD use!