The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

I haven't had any problems since setting

media.mediasource.webm.enabled;false

i run nightly so YMMV, but I get 1080p60fps on youtube without issue, and have for a while. I run nightly.

I still regularly get stuttery playback trying to run 720p (or above), where Flash videos run at 1080 without issue. Hopefully there are improvements still to filter down from the nightlys.

I think it may just block versions 203 and below.

Ah so the article SHOULD have read "Mozilla blocks OLD versions of Flash by default". Never let the facts get in the way of a scare story eh :rolleyes:

• Moderators

I think it may just block versions 203 and below.

damn, that's like 4 versions this month so far - how buggy is this thing?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

All the latest flash exploits the last couple of weeks came about because a hacking team got hacked

http://www.csoonline.com/article/2943968/data-breach/hacking-team-hacked-attackers-claim-400gb-in-dumped-data.html

This has lead to massive amounts of data being dumped on a public server and malware writers and the goodies alike have had a field day. 

You can expect more exploits such as the one below in the next few days

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/gifts-from-hacking-team-continue-ie-zero-day-added-to-mix/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

All the latest flash exploits the last couple of weeks came about because a hacking team got hacked

http://www.csoonline.com/article/2943968/data-breach/hacking-team-hacked-attackers-claim-400gb-in-dumped-data.html

This has lead to massive amounts of data being dumped on a public server and malware writers and the goodies alike have had a field day. 

You can expect more exploits such as the one below in the next few days

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/gifts-from-hacking-team-continue-ie-zero-day-added-to-mix/

Not just a hacking team, Hacking Team! :lol:

• Moderators

That was the last straw for me.

I removed flash player and have spent the afternoon changing my homepage widgets to non-flash required versions, checked my popular websites, played with FF and have deemed I can now live without flash player.

So as of now, I am flash-free.  Hoo-ray!

(let's see how long that lasts)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox 39.0.3

this version i take too  :)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

yesterday i have downgrade to 38.0.5

because in 39.0.3 is an issue with the "new tab"--> "Tiles" of the most visited pages...

of 2 lines with 6 saved sites (piriform was there) was only one line with 3 there (without piriform). it was not setting possible.

after downgrade its alright :)

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

yesterday i have downgrade to 38.0.5

bad idea from me :-))

from firefoxcommunity:

the fixes in Firefox 39.0.3 vulnerability has extremm critical because this allows attackers to access files on your system. And this vulnerability is already being actively exploited to steal login information.

of 2 lines with 6 saved sites (piriform was there) was only one line with 3 there (without piriform). it was not setting possible.

"Strg" + "-" and its work but not permanent, each time (scrolling doesnt work :wacko: why not?)

firefox 40.0.2 --> only 2 days 2 versions :)

• Reference: Release notes for Firefox 40.0

• New

Enabled API allowing Windows 10 users to open settings dialog (1193196)

• Fixed

mozalloc.lib was missing from the xulrunner package (1168291)

• Fixed

Fix a startup crash with some combination of hardware and drivers (1160295)