New YouTube Interface

Icedrake

I've been trying the new YouTube interface over the last few hours, and I have to say, I really quite like it. Looks much more polished and elegant than the previous interface. How are you guys liking it (if at all)?

Love how every site is trying to turn into a Facebook copy, while Facebook is constantly busy trying to turn into something worse. Every major site will soon be a useless imitation of Facebook, including Facebook itself :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Every major site will soon be a useless imitation of Facebook, including Facebook itself :rolleyes:

Call it FaceTube or TubeFace. :lol: I'd take imitation bacon which I don't like over an imitation Facebook or even Facebook itself! ;)

(I am sorry but I don't like Facebook and will never use it.)

Same here. Just don't have time.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Love how every site is trying to turn into a Facebook copy, while Facebook is constantly busy trying to turn into something worse. Every major site will soon be a useless imitation of Facebook, including Facebook itself :rolleyes:

I'm not a Facebook fan, but it can be useful if family members are in some far flung part of the world, but I agree, it's steadily getting worse.

• Moderators

I've just seen the new interface and wow, what a total pain it is. It's a chore to find a video on bookmarked channels I like. Don't know how long I'll be staying on YouTube now, may have to find some other video site.

• Moderators

Yeah a podcast I listen too was complaining a few months ago that they had changed how channels are set. I never go to the site to search, on go when

1. I've Searched for something (either through a search engine or the searchbox in my browser which I have open search set to youtube)
  2. Somebody has linked something (direct to video)
  3. A subscribed channel posts something (shows up in my email or RSS)

None of these make me notice the interface of the actual site.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm not a Facebook fan, but it can be useful if family members are in some far flung part of the world, but I agree, it's steadily getting worse.

But every time Facebook "Improves" privacy by adding more options,

it resets the defaults and again publishes to the whole world the surnames of your cousins.

Anyone who wants to steal your identity has been handed your Mother's Maiden Name on a plate.

But every time Facebook "Improves" privacy by adding more options,

it resets the defaults and again publishes to the whole world the surnames of your cousins.

Anyone who wants to steal your identity has been handed your Mother's Maiden Name on a plate.

Well at least on that front they can't (shouldn't) do that any more after a telling off in the US. And the EU is starting to clamp down on them for their poor privacy too. Personally I check my account/privacy settings on a regular basis, admittedly that shouldn't be necessary but better safe than sorry.

• Moderators

No one can steal my identity because even I don't know my SSN! :lol:

Back in the day we had to know it if drafted into the military, so it was instilled into us to know it. Although you state you don't know yours it doesn't mean someone else can't steal the info from you.

I hate it when a design change just rips off some important features. On Facebook, I hate it when the friends name above the chat tab is no longer clickable and I hate the way that you see a random list of friends (showing both online and offline friends) on the chat panel at the bottom right when you can only see online friends there on the ealier Facebook layout.

The only bad thing I disliked on the new Youtube layout is that the link titles of the related videoes at the right side are now shown with black text when it used to be blue or violet if that link has been opened before. Now I can't see which is blue or violet unless hover my mouse over them. It got somehow inconvinient.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

The biggest annoyance on YouTube now is on the default main page of channels they don't show the date the video was released, and they're a jumbled out-of-order mess in my opinion which makes it difficult to follow a channel and skip videos I've already seen.

Now I much prefer to click the Videos link at the upper left on channels

04c25a0cc4f.png

as it shows all available videos logically in proper order.