CCleaner Community Forums
hazelnut

Anyone using Waterfox?

I gave Waterfox a try and set it as the default browser, but now every time I open Waterfox or Firefox I get the pop-up that it's checking add ons for compatibility before the program will open. Anyone know what I need to do to make it not do that? I wonder if it's because I'm using Waterfox 9.0 and Firefox 9.0.1? Do the two versions need to be the same?

Yes they do, but you should be able to get Waterfox 9.0.1 from the internal updater.

I hope the Devs see this and try to shoehorn waterfox into the firefox/mozilla ccleaner

*so long as they're 64bit.

32bit flash/java, for example, wont work in waterfox.

Neither I nor Mozilla are confident that any Mozilla based browser will be compatible with any add-ons/extensions.

Every time they push through an update they may disable extensions that they have outgrown and you may have to wait for the extension developer to catch up.

I like Pale Moon because it is taking more care and time to accept Mozilla "improvements".

Perhaps Waterfox has the same merits.

In my view any extension has a better chance of compatibility with both Pale Moon and Waterfox than it has of keeping up with Firefox's mad rush to infinity :)

Well, never had problems with Mozilla/Firefox + addons, though mainly using just Adblock+ & NoScript at the moment.

I have addon compatibility checking shut off :3 I never run into issues running "outdated" addons