Incorrect Procesor Model

skylark

Hi,

the recent versions of Speccy, including v1.13.276 incorrectly reports AMD Athlon II Neo K145 as K155 on my Lenovo Edge 11.

I am not sure if this is a typo, but for a couple of months ago Speccy recognized the processor correctly.

Thanks,

skylark

• Moderators

Hi skylark, and welcome to the forum. the developers read all thread, however they rarely comment. Be assured that this should be looked at, they may ask for more information.

Though I don't usually suggest a version roll back, could you go to the filehippo download spot and download the last version that correctly identified the processor for you (old versions are on the right hand side of the screen); using this version make sure that it still correctly does show the correct one (this is, of course, an optional step but may help the developers figure out what has changed, and thus increase your chance of a resolution to the issue)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have now tested the old versions available at filehippo.

There are some differences in how different versions recognize the processor type:

Speccy 1.01-1.11 reports the processor as AMD K10 45nm Technology

Speccy 1.12-1.14 reports the processor as AMD Athlon Neo K155 Champlain 45nm Technology

I still believe that some previous version (could it have been an earlier minor version?) reported the processor correctly as K145, but, frankly, I start doubting.

Thanks,

skylark