New site is up!

Icedrake

Hey guys! Here to give you the great news that my new website, created entirely by me and through the writing of all of the html and css is finally up. It's still a bit rough around the edges, as I still have a lot of work to do on it, but for right now, I think it looks quite good. What do you guys think?

Found a free host by the way: www.000webhost.com

Switched to a different free host at www.xtreemhost.com. They not only have unlimited disk space but also unlimited bandwidth for free accounts! Quite brilliant.

They have excellent support on their forums.

• Moderators

IE9 looks like Hazelnut's Opera Screenshot.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

See here in Opera, no blue box in IE8

That's not the way it's supposed to be displayed. The blue box has to be on the right side of the website. Out of curiosity, what version of Opera are you using (I thought the site would appear fine on the latest version of Opera)?

As for Internet Explorer, yeah, it'll come out wrong. IE has terrible support for HTML 5 or CSS3.

Right now though, I've confirmed myself that the site shows up correctly in the daily builds of Chromium, and in the Nightly builds of Firefox. I'm not sure about any other browsers.

UPDATE: I've updated the site, fixed a few visual glitches and whatnot. Updated the sidebar with a new comment, it now also has the date of the comment under it. I've also added Trebuchet MS as the secondary font to use should the computer not have the Ubuntu font. If anyone can confirm for me that they see the Trebuchet MS font instead of the Times New Roman that would be great.

Opera 11.52

Hmm... I looked up 11.52 and its compatibility with HTML5 and found that 11.60, which is the version for the builds provided by the Opera Desktop Team, doesn't work too well with HTML5. I think that may be the reason why my website doesn't appear correctly for you.

This is how it shows to me with Firefox 8.0:

Yep, that's Firefox 8 having issues with HTML5. The current nightly builds of Firefox that I've tried (in the Firefox 11s) have worked with the site, so you'll get better HTML5 support eventually. ;)

By the way guys, I may be switching to a different host for my website, so if its down sometime today or tomorrow, that is the reason why.

Yep, that's Firefox 8 having issues with HTML5. The current nightly builds of Firefox that I've tried (in the Firefox 11s) have worked with the site, so you'll get better HTML5 support eventually. ;)

By the way guys, I may be switching to a different host for my website, so if its down sometime today or tomorrow, that is the reason why.

I just tried to go there to check its compatibility with my browser (nightly 11) but it's down. Glad to see it's not an issue though!

I vaguely recall the box being in the bottom left for me too, but I don't recall exactly. I'll check when the site is up again.

I just tried to go there to check its compatibility with my browser (nightly 11) but it's down. Glad to see it's not an issue though!

I vaguely recall the box being in the bottom left for me too, but I don't recall exactly. I'll check when the site is up again.

It should be up soon, within the next day or two, as I changed the nameservers of my domain to those of my new host earlier today (it'll take some time for the domain to change the nameservers).

What web browser were you using when you looked at my site previously?

• Moderators

This is what I get when visiting your site:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/05aoe4i64

As seen in Firefox 11.0a1 (2011-11-14)

Weird... then I wonder what made it work for me. I guess Firefox still doesn't have good support for HTML5. :wacko:

If you happen to have Chrome, did you try it in that? Chrome is the only one that seems to get everything perfect.

It works in Chrome 17

Yep, Chrome works for sure, since they always have the fastest support for the latest technologies.

Anyways, I did some more updating:

1. Centered the social icons on the home page.
  2. Revamped the Contact page. There is no longer an ugly contact form; there is now only one smooth Contact button that pops up a contact form. It also fits in better with the site.

• Moderators

Icedrake, I'm going to cry, all the footwork we did yesterday bringing your site to W3C compliance was removed by the server crash last night. I hope you have it all, if not let me know and I'll run it through the validator and help bring "up to code" (pun intended)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com