Snow in October

Icedrake

My aunt and uncle live in New Jersey and after 3 days of no word from them, we finally heard from them today. They are still without power, have a tree down on their property and need a new roof due to some big tree limbs falling on their roof. They said it was awful and that they are freezing. But at least they are ok!

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

They are still without power, have a tree down on their property and need a new roof due to some big tree limbs falling on their roof. They said it was awful and that they are freezing.

After the ice storm my area had back in 2007 I quickly found out to not to rely upon electricity! I still need to get some old school means of providing heat that doesn't take electricity or gas when there's no power.

My area is supposed to get a bunch of rain on Wednesday, then on Thursday it's supposed to snow.

Well summer is about to hit here in Ausland.....................you bute Mate................or as we say in Tasmania............good one Cobber. :D

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Incredible! I don't remember our planet ever having such extremes in weather.

I like you Razz, so please don't take my rant negatively.

It's called weather, and it's wild like Nature. It does what it wants to do. It doesn't care what people or planets think. It has a mind of its own, so to speak.

As for extremes, there was this thing called the Ice Age that shoved down glaciers that reformed continent borders & such. Earth's a b*tch.

Now Earth's our b*tch. :lol:

• Moderators

I don't know what it is like in other parts of the UK but where I live it has been warm for the time of year for quite a few weeks now.

In fact nature seems to have gotten a bit confused as it's November and my daffodils and some other spring bulbs are already showing in the garden. Hope they will survive when it does get cold.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Holy crap guys, that was one big freak snowstorm. Definitely got over a foot of snow and lost power for 8 days, and I was one of the last to get it back on Sunday night. Just got my internet back today. The area where I live was one of the worst hit places by the snowstorm, but it was quite a beautiful sight the morning after the storm. All the trees on the side of the road were bent over, and they literally created a canopy under which people drove. There were trees on power lines all over the place, and even empty cars in the middle of the road. Somewhat of a post-apocalyptic scene. Not to mention it was freezing cold.

• Moderators

This is really weird in the UK for the plants and stuff.

Freezing cold for a few days and then mild again, to the point where most of our border plants in the front garden are flowering again. Poor beggars are more confused than ever.

Pretty tame for us at the moment so I hope you guys across the pond are faring OK.

Tyre chains and woolly undies, and you should be OK.

Where I live we only got an inch of wet snow. It was gone a day later. Still had power. I also lucked out this summer when that hurricane passed through, still had power, but no internet.

Lost power and internet on that one, and it wasn't even a hurricane when it reached MA. :lol: