Updating Java oracle Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.1 (32-bit)

Eli

Hi

I`m using Java oracle runtime environment for a long time and today after uninstalling the previous version, I could not install the new version[ tried several times]

I`m getting this message from windows:

Could not open this installation package. Make sure that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid WINDOWS INSTALLER

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Try downloading the Java runtime from Filehippo.

Be sure to correctly select either the 32 or 64 bit version.

If you are still unable to install, try the version prior to that, as although it isn't often, sometimes someone uploads an installer that gets truncated/not fully sent, & results in invalid installer messages. If this is the case, & if it turns out the installer is invalid, you will probably have to wait till a new release before it gets fixed. In the meantime, try the Filehippo website to see if it is a problem in the installer, or if the one you downloaded somehow was incompletely downloaded.

Hi

I`m using Java oracle runtime environment for a long time and today after uninstalling the previous version, I could not install the new version[ tried several times]

I`m getting this message from windows:

Could not open this installation package. Make sure that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid WINDOWS INSTALLER

Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply SF, I finally installed by going to documents and settings , under user account, application data, found the SUN folder and activated the windows installer for this version, quite a work around but worked.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version