Recover pictures and videos from mobile phone

nice

When I connect my mobile phone it is displayed in Explorer and Computer/My Computer as a "Portable Device" in both XP and Windows 7 (32Bit and Pro).

However, it is not displayed when I browse in Recuva. Is there a solution to this?

post-57658-0-34621300-1319125028_thumb.png

I have no clue whether this will work, but I would right-click on Computer and use Computer MANAGEMENT to select DISK MANAGEMENT.

That should show you all your drives and partitions, and will probably show you "Portable Device".

Select "Portable Device" and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths"

I think that will allow you to add a drive letter that does not already exist as a partition.

That may allow Recuva to browse - or at least tell you if it does not understand the format - (I have no experience with mobile phones)

When you finish you probably do not need to remove the drive letter,

but if it was mine I would do so because as I said - I have no experience with mobile phones - and I do not know what they tolerate.

• Moderators

If it lists it as only a portable device (PMD I think) it will not work. only if it gives it a drive letter

is this data on an SD card or the phone itself. What is the make and model of the phone?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It's an oldish Motorola V8. Unfortunately, the 2GB of memory is built in.

The Recuva browse list box shows other folders without a drive letter assigned, like "Shared Documents", "Peter's Documents" etc. so why doesn't it show my phone's memory?

• Moderators
The Recuva browse list box shows other folders without a drive letter assigned, like "Shared Documents", "Peter's Documents" etc. so why doesn't it show my phone's memory?

False logic here

those folders are on windows drive and thus yes have drive letters attached to them

C:\users\peter\documents

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

False logic here

those folders are on windows drive and thus yes have drive letters attached to them

C:\users\peter\documents

Yes, maybe partly false logic. But I'm sure the recuva browser doesn't evaluate these sub-directories on it's own - they'll be coming from a windows API. And probably the "Portable Device" is also there but is being filtered out for some reason, but I agree, it won't have any association with a drive letter. It's just so annoying, I can see everything in "My Computer" but not in the Recuva browser, and I can't find any way to attach a drive letter.