Ni~Cd Rechargeable Batteries

craigathus

Hi guy's

Just wondering if anyone can remember these?

I have a solar powered garden light that uses these batteries & after letting them charge for the said amount of time... they only lasted half an hour' not 8 hours as claimed.

I'm thinking that the first charge is the most important to ensure the batteries accept full charges in the future.

Anyway I know someone here will have info:)

Craig

:(

I've got some NiMH batteries the same size and voltage but larger mAh so I guess they wouldn't charge in the solar light?

Oh god, I remember them with horror.

U probably won't see anything close to 8 hr battery life...

Not for a while.

A lot of them have tiny solar panels to charge, come with under-sized batteries, have lights that drain too much for the batteries used, or a combination.

And if you do ever see that, it will probably be with a light using the efficient LED light technology.

This reminds me of those lights that claim you can shake them for 30 seconds to get 5 min of light.

I never seem to get more than about 15 seconds for 30 seconds of shaking, & additional shaking seems not to do much good.

Other not so great flashlights are those that have to be wound up with a hand crank.

Well I don't know about that. I have one of those on my desk along with a regular flashlight and many times I went to use a flashlight and the batteries were dead. I take out the handcrank and it works. ;)

25qd6wl.jpg

Well I don't know about that. I have one of those on my desk along with a regular flashlight and many times I went to use a flashlight and the batteries were dead. I take out the handcrank and it works. ;)

They are good for when you have dead batteries, but if you need light more than a few minutes, youd better buy batteries, cause your gonna be eating a lot of hamburgers, or causing a lot of arthritis trying to shake/wind up those lights!

How do they keep from tripping over their legs moving that fast? How do they even see the bars on certain model spinners, to keep from getting their legs caught OUCH! between them while running?

Them little critters were moving, son!

If I moved my legs that fast, I'd be running every bit of 70 MPH!