Corrupted indexing due to MS SEARCH option!

Jared123

I've been having problems with your default setting of MS SEARCH when u install a fresh copy of ccleaner. When this option is left on it corrupts the windows indexing on windows 7 64bit.This happen to quite a few computers that had this option left on and even couple of my friends had this problem as well.Please remove MS SEARCH option or find a way where it wont corrupt the indexing. If you do have this option turn on goto eventvwr and look at the logs.You will see corrupted indexing errors.To fix this goto this link run the tool but make sure MS Search is unchecked otherwise it will corrupt it again.

My Ccleaner is not showing the MS SEARCH option, I think that it disappear after MS Search Helper Extension was installed.

I tried making clean install of Ccleaner to see if MS SEARCH option will reappear but no luck.

It is in the ccleaner.ini as "(App)MS Search=False", changing the setting to True didn't make any deference.

I am not complaining because I don't use the MS SEARCH option, I just wander why this option disappeared.

Attached is a copy of my ccleaner.ini file.

ccleaner.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having problems with your default setting of MS SEARCH when u install a fresh copy of ccleaner. When this option is left on it corrupts the windows indexing on windows 7 64bit.This happen to quite a few computers that had this option left on and even couple of my friends had this problem as well.Please remove MS SEARCH option or find a way where it wont corrupt the indexing. If you do have this option turn on goto eventvwr and look at the logs.You will see corrupted indexing errors.To fix this goto this link run the tool but make sure MS Search is unchecked otherwise it will corrupt it again.

Thank you for posting and supplying the Microsoft link!!! Ccleaner's MS SEARCH option totally hosed my computer's boot process. I updated a few programs including Ccleaner on 10/15. The first cold boot after updating was on 10/17. Computer crashed soon after booting. Event Viewer included Search errors. After reboot, EV seemed to indicate that Windows had repaired the index so I figured the problem was solved. Next morning the computer crashed again during the boot process, but this time it froze. No errors in EV other than the unexpected shutdown and I had no clue what could be wrong. I had this same issue during the summer (with search errors only appearing the first time but not on subsequent boots/crashes/freezes) but didn't realize at the time it was Ccleaner's fault. Now I know, as I had also updated Ccleaner before THAT episode. Went through h*ll in July trying to get to the bottom of the morning crashes and freezes. Finally did a system restore (that took the computer back to the previous version of Ccleaner) which brought on an entire new set of issues. Finally got THOSE issues worked out, the computer was humming perfectly, and then the problem seemed to pop up again out of the blue on 10/15. THIS time it occurred to me that both times my boot process got corrupted, I'd updated Ccleaner within a couple of days before. So... that realization brought me here and to your VERY HELPFUL post! Can't thank you enough for sharing your experience and solution. Wish I would have had the info in July, would have saved myself a lot of headaches. My computer's back to quick, painless booting with zero errors or warnings.

Guess the moral of this story is to do better research on Ccleaner's updates before I install them. This is the first problem I've ever had with the program so I'd started coasting, just installing the updates without making sure they were safe for my machine. I learned my lesson. I went back to the version I had before updating (3.05.1409) and am using it a couple times a day without any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

To clean/wipe that area computer needs to be re-started as these files are locked and unfortunately CCleaner has no option to do that. Most of the privacy cleaning softwares (e.g. R-Wipe&Clean, Ace Utilities and East-Tec Eraser) erase locked files after re-starting the computer.