"kept" cookies gone

jmorlan

They were cookies for IE, Firefox and Chrome.

They were all the cookies in the "kept" list. I.e. the entire "kept" list disappeared after I updated to the current build. I didn't realize that until after I cleaned the files and all the cookies were gone. I have since rebuilt the "kept" list and cleaned the files with this build and there was no problem. It worked as expected.

I clean the registry occasionally.

To clarify, it was the "kept" list itself that was wiped and had to be rebuilt when I updated to the current build.

Where is the "kept" cookie list stored?

I do not have a Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.ini file.

I looked in the registry under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner and found the list under "CookiesToSave"

It appears that the re-installation of the current build accidentally wiped that registry setting.

Can anybody confirm that?

• Moderators

I've never had that happen either, but I would follow Winapp's suggestion above in case it's something which is gonna repeat itself on your computer. It may have been a one off glitch but you never know with computers.

At the very least I would change to the "Save all settings to INI file" option, and then copy the CCleaner.ini file to another location as a back up. You can then safely revert to using the registry option knowing you have all settings backed up.

If it happens again with the next update, then please post back.

Hope that helps.