[Cosmetic not a bug] Check for update is missing text

Andavari

• Moderators

What is your screen resolution?

Screen res is: 1024x768

Which on my 19 inch monitor is as small as I can go if expected to see things.

Wouldn't doubt if it's something to do with XP like those corrupt looking left brackets in Defraggler as seen here.

eL_PuSHeR, I have the same problem with the weird brackets.

Brand new install of XP does not fix it.

Changing between Classic/Luna/Media Center styles does not fix it.

Problem occurs across several of the last versions of Defraggler, & is an XP only problem.

I also am annoyed by this bug. As far as I am aware, ALL XP users have this bug.

As to the text, it displays fine on mine.

Shows the full Check for Updates text.

P.S. I consider the display of the floppy drive a kind of bug, since in reality, no-one can defrag a floppy drive.

Floppy drives are notorious for being unreliable & losing data, anyway.

However, I almost forgot about that bug, due to having Floppy Drive disabled in device manager since I never use it.

• Moderators

That issue must be related to something else then. Are you using any fancy themes for desktop? Have you tried standard windows theme instead of Luna? Check font sizing too.

Using the separately downloaded Microsoft Royale theme.

Ok just tested this, and it's the Royale Theme I'm using that's causing it.

I'll now move this post out of the bug section since it isn't a Defraggler issue, and rename the topic.

• Moderators

P.S. I consider the display of the floppy drive a kind of bug, since in reality, no-one can defrag a floppy drive.

JkDefrag can defrag them, but it's a waste of time to bother defragging them. And you're right they lose data too easily and become corrupt even if left alone and not used for a long time.

I don't have that glitch, and I'm XP SP3 fully patched.

By which, I am sure you mean the Check for Updates "bug"

I don't have that problem, even using Royale Visual Style, or Theme.

However, the brackets (parenthesis) problem still exists, & this is on the full install (not portable).

• Moderators

However, the brackets (parenthesis) problem still exists, & this is on the full install (not portable).

That bracket display issue exists in the Defraggler install and portable editions. Possibly just an XP only issue.

Good day.

I have made a quick test:

I launched a Mini WinXP from Hiren's BootCD (14.1) and neither of both issues showed up. Look at the screenshot.

What videocard/drivers are you using guys?. Have anybody tried using standard VGA drivers?. MiniXP just runs at desktop resolution 800x600x16bpp.

clipboard01tf.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators

By which, I am sure you mean the Check for Updates "bug"

I don't have that problem, even using Royale Visual Style, or Theme.

The "Check For Updates" bug is what this thread is about. There wasn't any need to stipulate which bug as the parenthesis issue actually has it's own thread here ...

http://forum.pirifor...l=&fromsearch=1