Defraggler v2.07

MrG

• Admin

df_128.png

How healthy are your hard drives? Most disks maintain information about their health and reliability. Defraggler now displays this (SMART) information for you, providing warnings if there's a problem and ensuring the speed and reliability of your system.

Release notes:

• Added Drive Health information.
  • Improved detection of SSD drives.
  • Improved scheduler when the computer is idle.
  • Fixed unnecessary creation of scheduler.his files.
  • Improved uninstallation of shell commands.
  • Fixed issue that could cause GDI leak in the Options dialog.
  • Several small stability fixes for Windows 7.
  • Macedonian language added.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.

Download Defraggler now from www.piriform.com/defraggler

View the full blog post

A while ago a UI bug was introduced into Defraggler consisting of few ugly looking wonky left brackets.

Despite the issue been raised by many users I am sorry to say the problem still persists in v2.07.346

why hasn't this been fixed yet, will it get fixed soon??

wonky_bracket.jpg

Tested on XP Pro SP2 + SP3

Richard S.

It's an XP only issue, perhaps Defraggler executes code specific to the target Operating System either way it's disappoint that Piriform who take pride in promoting their software ain't paying much attention to bug reports. :mellow:

Could you try running Defraggler.exe in XP compatible mode what happens??

Richard S.

Guest TexShane

On my Win7 system the brackets are fine, also, if speccy has this disk S.M.A.R.T scan, why include it with defraggler? Seems a tad redundant don't you all think? I mean, I like the idea, just seems like it's already included with speccy.

• Moderators

if speccy has this disk S.M.A.R.T scan, why include it with defraggler?

Would you or anyone be willing to defrag a hard disk that fails the S.M.A.R.T test? I know I wouldn't, and it's an added bit of security coupled with Defraggler being able to scan the disk for errors (manually of course) before defragging.

S.M.A.R.T. can be enabled on the drive after the fact by software. I am VERY curious as to why you have it turned off in the BIOS. It is a good idea to have it turned on in the BIOS so that if one of the items reaches failing status, you are notified immediately.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.