New Forum Design

Andavari

• Moderators

Wow when the forum had a text stating to wait while it was in the process of updating what a surprise how the forum design is now. :o Will take some getting used to, but at least it looks good.

Edit:

Hmm, it changes up how the avatar's display perhaps 90x90 pixels is the new limit?

• Moderators

Yeah I think it looks good to me. However some stuff does need working on like how the Piriform logo looks at the top left, it needs transparency or something without that big white border. Basically it needs branding to have the Piriform style, but I suppose that will take the admins sometime to implement.

Is that large amount of dead space on the main page under the recent topics? If so it could be better if it could automatically follow page scrolling (which some sites annoying do with some adverts and polls), but here it could be very useful.

• Moderators

As for avatars, PNG is suitable too. It has better compression than gif although it's not as widespreaded.

I had to re-upload my avatar as it was all distorted, ended up having to copy the original then paste it into Paint.Net to come up with that 90x90 pixel limit since going into the profile area doesn't tell you the actual size limit. Mine is a JPG simple for the fact it's about 75% smaller in file size than the PNG I was originally going to use even after I had used my trusty PNG compressor on it - still have to keep dial-up users in mind. I personally avoid GIF like the plague!

I don't like the new forum design and it would appear that: a) profile images cannot be web linked anymore b) profile images are now defunct and replaced with avatar images (judging by Dennis' profile).

I though forum software was meant to add features not take them away. :wacko:

Richard S.

• Moderators

How do I change my avatar image I can only find "change your photo" under profile settings??

1. At the upper-right use the drop down menu for your user name, and go into "My Profile"

2. Now hover over your avatar image shown at the upper-left and a "Change" button will appear, click it.

I thought it was going to be a normal day again.

My Desktop powered up as usual.

Firefox launched as usual.

I clicked on my link to log in to the forum and thought that Firefox had died or Invision had gone belly up again.

This will take some getting used to - especially the lack of a Preview button.

Aghhh - there it is within More Reply options ! !

REQUEST for polishing the new design :-

When in Preview mode, please add an extra "ADD REPLY" button BETWEEN the Preview and the Composition,

then after inspecting the Preview I will no longer have to select and use the vertical scroll before I can see and click the button.

Hi, all...help needed. Cannot login using ie8, ff port, opera port, Blackhawk browser, proxy, get the script in the picture. Can open the forum page, but after an attempt to login, I get a code. The code pops up after I enter my login data, and from then on it pops up anytime I try to access the forum. In other words, the link to the forum gives a screen with that code only and I am stopped.

Got on just now using SeaMonkey Browser in Puppy 528 live CD.

The error code is:

Fatal error: Class 'IPSSearchIndex' not found in /home/ccleaner/public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_5/skin_global.php on line 229 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

It was bad enough getting used to the new forum when it was updated a while back. I didn't like it but I got used to it.

This one is so anaemic to look at it's positively unpleasant.

I have to be honest and say this change is one I will definitely not be getting used to.

It's absolutely awful, and will probably definitely drive people away. Get the old one back please.

And where has my portal photograph gone? Don't answer that as I really don't care.

Is that plain enough? :)

EDIT: I'm logging off, this is not good for my eyes.

Have to agree w/ Dennis, its kinda klunky. But good luck with it, I am sure the developers are scrambling.

I think the problem sketched out above started when I tried to change the skin, but not sure. That may not have been the cause, just a coincidence.

Will sign out now, turn everything off and come back using ie8 if it's possible. If not, will try SeaMonkey again. Who would name a brower "SeaMonkey"? :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

This is the new version of IP Board software whether we like it or not I'm afraid. Other IP Board forums have it now, or will be upgrading to it soon.

As far as I can gather it contains lots of little security fixes behind the scenes, we are strong, we can get used to it :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com