Forums roll-back?

Winapp2.ini

Nice outage did someone run CCleaner on the server machine?? :lol:

Obviously some kind of database error I guess the only fix was a roll back which ultimately meant losing a few recent posts.

btw: is it my imagination or has the site favicon changed?

Richard S.

• Moderators

Lots of posts are gone. I gather it may have been an Invision Board issue. Took most of the day to get back up and running.

We'll have to watch out for people coming back for answers to a question, only to find that their thread no longer exists.

Wonder if the spammers will stay banned :lol:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

It has always been a pear for me, do you see something different? (Or did you?)

@ Redhawk & winapp:

Yes, was different. Back to the pear now. Couple of others had changed also, they still are wrong. What causes that?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Recently I saw a moderator on some other forum rebuke a poster for a link to FileHippo instead of the Developer's site.

He was concerned that if FileHippo site went down then a malware delivery site would immediately "fill the gap" for anyone using the link.

I cannot resist suggesting that those who saw/see a different favicon may have been taken to a Cleaner-look-alike site ! !

I cannot resist suggesting that those who saw/see a different favicon may have been taken to a Cleaner-look-alike site ! !

Not here. Just went to site saying something about an error. Made a screenshot but forgot to save it. 2.gif

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Hi Guys

The Invision Power Services who host our forums are migrating from dedicated servers to cluster solution.

In the process of moving our forum to the new location something went wrong on their side.

We have spent the whole day working on restoring it but unfortunately we had to use the yesterdays backup.

We apologize for the inconvenience but the good news is forum is back online and we hope there will be no problems in the future :)

• Moderators

Hi Guys

The Invision Power Services who host our forums are migrating from dedicated servers to cluster solution.

In the process of moving our forum to the new location something went wrong on their side.

We have spent the whole day working on restoring it but unfortunately we had to use the yesterdays backup.

We apologize for the inconvenience but the good news is forum is back online and we hope there will be no problems in the future :)

Thanks for the report on what happened MrH :)

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Woah I sure missed a doozy :-O

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Might still be a problem, cannot open the Members page. ??

edit: more. trying to open the members page in another tab doesn't work, but clicking on an individual members name sends me to it. Never happened before that way.

• Moderators

I know from the Hulk (I call him MrH) the Piriform are working madly behind the scenes and yes it is an Invision Board issue.

Not sure if chkdsk /r works for this sort of thing, perhaps a defrag, then wipe free space and we may be able to recuva from this :lol:

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com