Build 3.09.1493 (64-bit) won't delete Firefox 5 cookies

I have searched and found numerous references to this problem but none of the fixes work for me.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Latest build of CCLeaner

Up to date Firefox 5 (5.01 I think - the Help screen only say 5.0 but reports it is up to date).

In CCleaner under the applications tab I have ALL check boxes ticked (including Adobe Flash Player).

I closed Firefox (and checked Task Manager to make sure it had exited)

There are still a load of 'Cookies to Delete' listed - all with normal Firefox icons.

Running CCleaner doesn't even detect these cookies - but they show up in the Firefox cookies list inside the options window.

If I delete them within Firefox it cleans them (but also removes all the other cookies I want to keep). CCleaner then says there are no cookies but as I use Firefox new cookies appear in ccleaner but it doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't get CCLeaner to delete them

Never had this problem with any other versions.

Anyone any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

I do a lot of web development and so have IE/Chrome/Opera/Safari installed too and no problems cleaning their cookies.

Up to date Firefox 5 (5.01 I think - the Help screen only say 5.0 but reports it is up to date).

I am surprised.

When trying to view my son's on-line photo album Firefox 3.? crashed with excessive memory leaks - every time.

I was suckered into 4.0 Beta as a countermeasure.

Subsequently 4.? warned me to update to 5.? Beta for security reasons.

Later on 5.? warned me to update to 6.? Beta for security reasons.

Looks like I am now stuck on a Beta release treadmill.

Firefox 5 is definitely not "Up to Date". Firefox 6.? Beta is the current version being "pushed".

Has Firefox 5 now left Beta and reached full "production release" ?

Alan. your options must have you set on the beta release channel, which will never update you to the final, only the next beta (ie last Fx5 beta to first 6 beta, so on.)

I'm on the nightly release channel :) 8.0a1 (which will bump to 9.0 on tuesday as 6 goes final, 7 moves to beta, 8 becomes Aurora.)

If you want to switch to the release build, you have to download the installer for the release build.

I'm on the nightly release channel :) 8.0a1 (which will bump to 9.0 on tuesday as 6 goes final, 7 moves to beta, 8 becomes Aurora.)

If you want to switch to the release build, you have to download the installer for the release build.

Thanks. I think will wait for 6 to become final and jump off this treadmill.

All this hassle because the wife wants to see the sons digital photo album ! !

I still have happy memories of the end of school year photo shoot,

when the most advanced camera had a clockwork motor that slowly panned it as it clicked at all the pupils in a semi-circle around it,

and the headmaster was in the centre with a forced smile as he heard Jenkins minor running behind him to be photographed at both ends.

Which cookies are persisting?

What addons for Firefox do you run?

All cookies persist - when I tried the new build for the first time there were hundreds.

Running CCleaner Analyze doesn't show anything for firefox at all - despite all the Firefox options being checked.

I have quite a few addons installed:

AdBlock Plus

British English Dictionary

Clip to OneNote

Colorzilla

DownloadHelper

DragIt

Firebug

IE Tab 2

Interclue

Java Console

LAstPAss

Lazarus

Minimize on Start and Close

MR Tech Toolkit

Open in RegEdit

Padlock

ReloadEvery

• Moderators

Unfortunately Firefox won't auto-update to 5.01 which I found out on two systems. I had to manually download the setup file and run it to go from 5.0 to 5.01, and the about screen reflects the minor update. Albeit at the moment don't worry about 5.01 because 6.0 has been released on the Mozilla FTP servers.

I have all the Application boxes ticked (including all of Firefox boxes).

Analyzing doesn't yield any results for Firefox - not just cookies but even temporary files etc. don't show up.

The only place I can see Firefox cookies in the the cookies options page! So it obviously knows Firefox is there - just the cleaner doesn't want to know!

I have my user data folders on drive D: but as far as I know AppData is still on drive C: and programs are installed on drive C:

The profiles folder seems to be: C:\Users\Carol\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

which is the one used automatically (I certainly haven't changed it)

Weird - I set up a new profile.

Then I manually deleted all the contents of that new profile folder and moved all the contents of the old profile folder and deleted the old profile.

Now I have a new profile, in a different location BUT its contents is 100% identical to the old profile.

Guess what - CCleaner now sees the Firefox content and cleans it correctly.

Go figure!

Thanks for your help.