Jpg+FileBinder

iuseccleaner

The 'hide file in an image' trick is old and can be done using the command prompt window but can be a little confusing. So I created a GUI to make things easier. Sometimes I hide files in the picture and then upload it to file hosting sites, I wonder if it's against the T&C of this hosting sites?

• Moderators

The 'hide file in an image' trick is old and can be done using the command prompt window but can be a little confusing. So I created a GUI to make things easier. Sometimes I hide files in the picture and then upload it to file hosting sites, I wonder if it's against the T&C of this hosting sites?

Perhaps you ought to find out first before posting the link (which I have removed for now)

Also consider that hiding files in an picture then uploading it for people to download it unknowing of the contents is not something I think most people would think of as friendly.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Perhaps you ought to find out first before posting the link (which I have removed for now)

Also consider that hiding files in an picture then uploading it for people to download it unknowing of the contents is not something I think most people would think of as friendly.

There are other uses as well such as hiding your files in plain sight on your computer. If I were to hide something in an image and the uploading it for someone else to download, I would inform them about the 'secret contents'. Even if a person downloads it without knowing what's inside, it can't do any harm. Just another form of steganography.

Even if a person downloads it without knowing what's inside, it can't do any harm.

Is that really true ?

Will it always be true ?

I really really doubt it.

I just searched "windows font vulnerability" because I knew of it, I got

About 2,160,000 results (0.22 seconds)

On a roll, I searched "windows jpeg vulnerability" and got

About 6,310,000 results (0.19 seconds)

Tell me again how safe it is, and why a file hosting site should not ban you for life regardless of what you have hidden.

When I first saw your post and the link I was going to report it as potential malware,

but then hazel pounced and struck off the link.

Nice one hazel

Well, darn it, you're right, Alan. But I think it is fun. Well, used to think that. Now I have to worry about a gazillion pictures I have downloaded.

Is there any (easy) way to check them to see if they have been "Stegged"?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I do not know, but if there is then Homeland Security could be coming to your house ! ! !

Bring'em on!! I'll 7-zip'em. I'll Unlocker'em! 1.gif

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

We are not treating you as a criminal. Surely you are aware of the potential of such a thing being used by people to hide scripts etc in?

First off as Alan said it is unlikely that the TOS of any file hosting site would allow it for the very reasons that have been mentioned. No one wants to download one thing only to find it contains another.

Anyway don't be too upset, we are just protecting our members (and that includes you :))

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Being pounced on like a criminal. I'm just sharing a tool I made myself and the first thing that comes to mind is 'potential malware'? How would my tool be used as a malware vector?

I didn't take this thread that way. Forgive me if I gave offense, I meant none. However, such a procedure does have some potential for abuse. Thats what everyone is on about.

We are not treating you as a criminal. Surely you are aware of the potential of such a thing being used by people to hide scripts etc in?

First off as Alan said it is unlikely that the TOS of any file hosting site would allow it for the very reasons that have been mentioned. No one wants to download one thing only to find it contains another.

Anyway don't be too upset, we are just protecting our members (and that includes you :))

I understand but it annoys me when people jump to conclusions. As for hidden scripts, anything embedded is not executed when you open the image file, not with this tool, as far as I know. How this works: http:

Not yet, although we have the Piriform? Straitjacket? v4.5.8413 at our disposal for such situations.:lol:

52fa6c34e05c.png

:lol:

I didn't take this thread that way. Forgive me if I gave offense, I meant none. However, such a procedure does have some potential for abuse. Thats what everyone is on about.

No worries, no offense taken.

Hey genius, ever heard of malware, or is that too 2000 for you? (Provided you were born before 2000.)

And you genius, how old are you? 12? How would malware users exploit this tool? Files hidden in the image file are not executed when you open the image file. It only gets executed if you change the extension or extracting it and running it. There are malwares that pretend to be JPG files and this is not the tool to do it.

An idea on how this works: http:

• Moderators

Well, perhaps your GUI should be mentioned on the site you linked to, it's getting a mixed reception here. I've knocked off your links, but anyone who's curious will find enough with Google. I'm closing this thread.