CCleaner Still Shows Uninstalled Programs?

D Bone

W7 x64 Home Pemium SP1. I have the latest version of CCleaner installed, and it has been updated from many, many previous versions as I have had CCleaner installed on this machine for about 2yrs. I have never done a uninstall / re-install, just updates over the top. I installed WinPatrol Plus several months ago, but I eventually uninstalled it. I used Revo to remove WP and all of its remains, yet CCleaner still shows WP as one of the utilities to be cleaned..........Why? Also, would a uninstall / re-install fix this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

When you uninstall software, inevitably files, folders, and registry keys get left behind. Unless you go through your system and manually remove all these leftovers, CCleaner still sees them and acts like the uninstalled program is still installed. Registry keys are usually the culprit, but I've had it happen with folders too. Why oh why someone can't figure out a way that will reliably remove everything when you uninstall is beyond me.

• Moderators

Why oh why someone can't figure out a way that will reliably remove everything when you uninstall is beyond me.

This is really what the developers of software should be doing.

Quite a few of them write uninstaller routines for their software that are sloppy and do not clear up after themselves.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Quite a few of them write uninstaller routines for their software that are sloppy and do not clear up after themselves.

Allot of them seriously need to more thoroughly study the installation compile programs they're using such as Inno Setup and NSIS to learn exactly how to remove the registry keys their products create. That's why I much prefer 100% portable or standalone software which doesn't use the registry or dump files outside of the path they're extracted/installed in.