CCleaner v.3.09.1493 will NOT install!

Hi, Anthonyk747. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you still may have a problem with your computer.

edit: A malaware problem, that is.

In post 18 above you thought the problem was fixed, but the last line in your Spyware hell post says it is not. Then in post 21 above, CCleaner still won't install. It should do so, you know.

AFAIK, Running OTL doesn't fix issues, it just lists things for the spyware expert to analyze. The spyware expert will make recommendations based on that analysis. This is an arcane process, akin to magic for mere mortals like me.

I guess you should wait for his or her analysis, then follow the recommendations.

Just for the heck of it, I am going to install ClamAV if possible without a reboot and try to download ccleaner. Let you know what happens.

Wrong, I never once said that the problem with installing CCleaner 3.09 was fixed... I said I fixed the agent.exe file from running at 50% CPU usage - Which STILL stands, I did indeed fix it... It's all solved... NOT CCLEANER....

Also, not to be rude or blunt, but as I said with the other guy in the Spyware Hell Forum, I swear to god, it's your software... I just tried to install CCleaner 3.09 on 3 DIFFERENT COMPUTERS - Not a SINGLE one was successful.... Yet, every single one of them was successful with 3.08.... Not to mention, NONE of these computers use Frostwire, utorrent, etc. and I cleaned ALL of their Spyware, Malware, viri, etc.... Keep in mind, these are NOT my computers and I don't use them very often, so it's definitely not just my computer, not my programs, and not my software.... I swear to god, It's your software...

Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me

Again, not to be rude or blunt, but I'm sorry if I seem very aggravated in these posts.... But I have, to this date, posted well over 6 PROBLEMS in these forums with both Defraggler and CCleaner - Not a SINGLE one has been fixed to this day. So, forgive me if I am a little be aggravated by such constant postings and no problems solved...

--Me

• Moderators

First of all, you need to check your attitude, everyone here is a volunteer user of the products, nobody is employed by piriform.

Second, ClamAV is not Immunet. Don't be daft in calling people ignorant when you are being so. Clam is an OPEN SOURCE free cross-platform virus scanning engine. Clam AV for windows now leverages immunet's cloud based definitions, & for the time being relies on being on the internet (a crap idea if you ask me). (source) It IS NOT a new name for any "company". As I already stated others were having clam AV based issues with the 3.09 installer. The Antivirus is causing the failure. Everyone who has answered this thread has, at the very least, tried this installer, & they don't have the issue you do.

We are being nice & attempting to root out the issue for you; with scant to go on but "the installer doesn't finish" & "Agent.exe, which I don't even have on my computer, is using all my cpu", we can only provide you with what we can. Now in regards to the "like I told the guy in your spyware hell forum" The only non-help seekers who are aloud to post there are computer security professionals...obviously you must know more than them to be so rude.

Again, not to be rude or blunt, but I'm sorry if I seem very aggravated in these posts.... But I have, to this date, posted well over 6 PROBLEMS in these forums with both Defraggler and CCleaner - Not a SINGLE one has been fixed to this day. So, forgive me if I am a little be aggravated by such constant postings and no problems solved...

I see 1 thread started by you with no answer, about data_3, The post makes no sense. What is this file? To what program does it belong? Is the file locked by a process? Will windows defraggmenter defrag it. I want none of these answers in this thread, I'm making a point.

You've asked about ccleaner for other platforms & you've been told this is unlikely. You've asked why it doesn't work with google chrome beta, & were informed that generally ccleaner doesn't guaranty working on beta software. You asked about defragging system files & I told you directly that they were supported via boot-time. & hiberfil can't be defragged, turn off hibernation & turn it back on, this recreates it defragged as it gets.

That's all of your posts in the last year (since august 2010)

So if you are done acting the child I will keep this thread open...if not, well

Also, general forum rule (& accepted neticate) don't triple post, edit your previous post, if nobody has answered the thread since you posted it. (people don't really like getting 3 notifications that a thread they are watching has been posted in.)

Edited by Nergal
Better explain the combination of clam AV & immunet

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Also, general forum rule (& accepted neticate) don't triple post, edit your previous post, if nobody has answered the thread since you posted it. (people don't really like getting 3 notifications that a thread they are watching has been posted in.)

Well, I didn't know that. Learn something every day. Won't do that again, you guys are busy enough.

@ Anthonyk747: I just thought to discover for myself (and you, too) if clamwin or immunet were blocking CCleaner's operation. Didn't believe it, still don't. Clamwin certainly isn't. Can't say for immunet.

Spysentinel is "on the case", so the issue will get fixed if you cooperate.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

@ Anthonyk747: I just thought to discover for myself (and you, too) if clamwin or immunet were blocking CCleaner's operation. Didn't believe it, still don't. Clamwin certainly isn't. Can't say for immunet.

I suspect that Immunet functions like a Borg Collective.

I fear that when Anthonyk747 used CCleaner to eliminate the Borg Drone "agent",

it not only resisted deletion but reported the attack by CCleaner to the Collective.

The Borg are coming and will assimilate CCleaner ! !

Well, I got the immunet av working. Took some tricksey stuff to do it w/o a restart, but I got my community set up, got immunet updated and scanned with it. Found EICAR in 2 zip files, good going. See the picture:

th_immunet-scr2.jpg

Also running the "other" clamwin, from here hxxp://xxx.clamwin.com/. So right now there are three AV products running at once. :blink: Am hoping that Avast is the only one remaining after restart.

Then downloaded, installed and ran ccleaner 309. Cleaned with it. Worked OK. There is a lot I don't know about this stuff, I think of a hard drive as 8 hours on a bumpy road, :P but I don't think that either clamwin, immunet, nor Avast are interfering with the installation or operation of CCleaner.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Well, I got the immunet av working. Took some tricksey stuff to do it w/o a restart, but I got my community set up, got immunet updated and scanned with it. Found EICAR in 2 zip files, good going. See the picture:

th_immunet-scr2.jpg

Also running the "other" clamwin, from here hxxp://xxx.clamwin.com/. So right now there are three AV products running at once. :blink: Am hoping that Avast is the only one remaining after restart.

Then downloaded, installed and ran ccleaner 309. Cleaned with it. Worked OK. There is a lot I don't know about this stuff, I think of a hard drive as 8 hours on a bumpy road, :P but I don't think that either clamwin, immunet, nor Avast are interfering with the installation or operation of CCleaner.

Thank you....

--Me

You're welcome. It was an interesting experiment...had to get the immunet av going without a restart by manually starting one of its services. Btw, all those new av's were gone after a restart, so old HAL the Haunted Computer here is back to normal.

It's none of my business, really, but I bet if you follow up on that post in Spyware Hell Spysentinel can get you fixed up. Hope so. :)

At first I thought it was a corrupted file, but then I downloaded it 3 times from 3 different links on Filehippo.com, then I downloaded it 3 times from 3 different links (2 links failed, the "in case it doesn't work, click here") from Piriform.com - All have the same results. It goes through the Agreement Policy, then the selection of features you want installed, then finally to the installation bar - in which it completely refuses to pass the first step - it sticks at "Please wait, installing CCleaner..." and it stays there forever. I've tried leaving it there for 20minute straight, for up to 3 different downloaded files, from both FireFox and Google Chrome (in case for some reason the browser was corrupting the file). So, I'm still on 3.08 and it will not let me install it, no matter what... Please help!!

Hi, I,m a newbie and have had exactly the same problem all morning.finally it did instal, but it is not in my add/remove programs.6 times, each 15 minutes sitting there waiting for it to finish, never did.I stopped it each time with on/off button.even revo, uninstal, cannot locate the new version, even though it,s on.I don,t know whether to remove and start again ,or leave it?

Hi, I,m a newbie and have had exactly the same problem all morning.finally it did instal, but it is not in my add/remove programs.6 times, each 15 minutes sitting there waiting for it to finish, never did.I stopped it each time with on/off button.even revo, uninstal, cannot locate the new version, even though it,s on.I don,t know whether to remove and start again ,or leave it?

Please confirm that you have XP 32 bit and ClamAV + Immunet.

If not please :-

Note that advice in this topic intended for Anthonyk747 may cause you harm, and vice versa,

so start your own topic stating what your operating system is and what malware protection you have.

You're welcome. It was an interesting experiment...had to get the immunet av going without a restart by manually starting one of its services. Btw, all those new av's were gone after a restart, so old HAL the Haunted Computer here is back to normal.

It's none of my business, really, but I bet if you follow up on that post in Spyware Hell Spysentinel can get you fixed up. Hope so. :)

Lol turns out my system is so far gone that OTL Fix didn't work at all... and I still have the same problem... Keep in mind though, since I've started this forum post, I've updated 7 programs and re-installed 1. I still firmly believe that it's v3.09 and NOT my computer - and that OTL is out-of-date...

--Me

OTL does not exactly fix malware (see post 23 above).

The fix happens when you follow SpySentinels recommendations, found in the Spyware Hell forum, HERE.

If you wish to continue the repair started there, read and comply with the last post.

Although I'm no expert, it seems likely that your computer is not entirely "well". Keep in mind that malware on your computer may affect others also.

I wish you well, but this is my last post on this topic.