Ccleaner has made my computer instable..

Hi everybody,

I have Dl CCleaner and tested it but I experimented a lot of problems since I ran it the first time..

Firstly My start Menu is now bigger (I tested the advanced options in the software)

Then my explorer still crashs after a certain time without rebooting and even Firefox.I'm sure it is due to that software because I didn't install any soft after..

Finally my Msn messenger is crashing too..and the folders are very slow to open and even crash sometimes.

I have toi say that I have no spy or virus and use Kaspersky as well..

My question is:

How to restore parameters of windows as they were before using Ccleaner?I don't want to format my C:\ ...

Thank you for your support.

And how do you explain the change of the start menu now bigger than before?This change has appeared just after the "cleaning" so..

And what about a "restore" function?I guess there is not..

And you're wrong I know I don't have a form of malware...It is so easy to say that and exclude some responsibilities of the Ccleaner..but guess what..I was sure it would be said that to me..

You seem certain this is the cause, but did you trace your steps to see everything you may have done to cause this? I've run CCleaner on numerous machines and there has never ONCE been an incident like this.

So what else did you run?

You also do not help your creditability by having your name as "Crash Cleaner".

Hi everyone,

Tarun don't be upset..I chose this name because it was the first idea I found when I had to choose one..Be more opened-mind it's only a sort of joke..Don't you have the sense of humour there?

So to proove that I'm not saying bulls**t have a look on my start menu?Weird isn't it?

xGr994lsk3y6thb.jpg

Then here it is the hijack log that was asked by rridgely, thanks to him for making the thing advancing:

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\TheTurtle\TheTurtle.exe

C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

D:\emule\emule.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

C:\Program Files\GrabIt\GrabIt.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Bureau\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.fr/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: IeCatch2 Class - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro\kav.exe" /minimize

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe"  -lang 1033

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TheTurtle] C:\Program Files\TheTurtle\TheTurtle.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Traduire ? partir de l'anglais - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xporter vers Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Pages li?es - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Pages similaires - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Recherche &Google - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: T?l?charger avec FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: T?l?charger tout avec FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Version de la page actuelle disponible dans le cache Google - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Console Java (Sun) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll

O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1129596356006

O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1129600811484

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe

O23 - Service: kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro\kavsvc.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

So what about to add...?Thank you for your support!

++

So to proove that I'm not saying bulls**t have a look on my start menu?Weird isn't it?

Maybe I'm missing something but what's weird? What changed ... the pinned programs? ... the number of most recently used programs?

By the way, it's odd that CCleaner isn't in the recently used list.

CrAsH, I checked your screenshot by comparing the relative size of the Start Menu with the image of the Taskbar and the CCleaner Forum screen. The relative sizes appear to be exactly standard.

I tried pinning 9 programs into my Start Menu and it becomes just as tall (proportionate to screen height) as yours.

If something changed, it must be the screen resolution or (somehow) the Start Menu was not standard before.

He may have been using the Classic version of the Start Menu.

23215[/snapback]

Tarun, I think you may (almost) have it.

CrAsH, did you used to have Start Menu > Customize > General > Small Icons ?

Of course this is the first thing I tried after the scan with CCleaner that made my start menu bigger..I'm not a pro but I know the basic things.. ;)

Even changing the number of appz in the start menu doesn't change the size (and number)..The only thing I can do is increasing this number and the start menu is increasing as well..

Maybe the problems with Explorer is just a coincidence and have nothing to do with Ccleaner I can admit it..

But the start menu change just after the clean so..