Checkboxes for Uninstall Tool

Would be nice if you could add the ability to checkmark programs listed in the uninstall tool. The user could select multiple items, click Uninstall and after one uninstall completes, the next one automatically begins. An example of this can be seen in the program IObit Uninstaller. This would be useful for those who use the portable version on others' computers and use it to remove crapware such as toolbars and pre-installed bloatware.

+ 1 from me.

I totally agree with you.

I get tired of having to uninstall 20+ toolbars, 1 click at a time.

This would definitely make it so much easier.

I'll be honest with you, there is someone that had probs with a computer once, & I was like, man, how do you even see the screen? (The screen was literally nearly gone from toolbars clogging the screen). They told me, well, I just don't know how to get rid of them. I know they aren't needed, but, I don't know what to do.

So, I was nice & took them off for them, & they were happy.

Too bad the Uninstall tool doesn't categorize apps into tabbed groups such as Security, Utilities, Toolbars, etc. Or even if CCleaner had a built-in function that worked like PC Decrapifier.

• Moderators

If you guys are interested in for example removing a bunch of crap tools realize that something more thorough would get rid of more of the junk they create like Revo Uninstaller or the already mentioned IObit Uninstaller, whereas CCleaner only launches the uninstaller for the software.

Revo is an excellent program but can cause problems if used by newbies because it can sometimes report unrelated items after an uninstallation and removing those items will cause other programs to malfunction. It's best to be safe and only use the built-in uninstaller, in my personal opinion. Just speaking from past experience with Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, Your Uninstaller! and Total Uninstall.

+ 1 from me.

I totally agree with you.

I get tired of having to uninstall 20+ toolbars, 1 click at a time.

This would definitely make it so much easier.

I'll be honest with you, there is someone that had probs with a computer once, & I was like, man, how do you even see the screen? (The screen was literally nearly gone from toolbars clogging the screen). They told me, well, I just don't know how to get rid of them. I know they aren't needed, but, I don't know what to do.

So, I was nice & took them off for them, & they were happy.

Yea I agree with you for click 1 time for group of uninstall.Great ideas

• 9 months later...

I am not sure.

3.08 had checkmark boxes for startup items, which was very cool to me! Then, they removed it.

Would be great to have it for uninstaller items, such that it could sequentially run selected uninstallers.