win7 power safe mode killed through registry clean

silas

hi,

I recently cleaned up my registry with ccleaner and my system didn't wake up anymore after switching to power safe mode under win7.

I have a Dell XPSM1530, Win7 Prof 32bit. I figured it out, and it was the following entry causing this problem (exported txt):

Ungenutzter Registrierungsschl?ssel .xps\OpenWithList HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.xps\OpenWithList

Hoping someone can use this information :)

regards,

Silas

registry.txt

I don't think this Registry issue you fixed has anything to do with your computer not waking up anymore after switching to power safe mode.

This .xps format is a document file type and I think this has nothing to do with your problems and Registry entries with the "OpenWithList" description found by CCleaner's Registry cleaner tend to be recreated anyway after an interaction with such file types. My advise would be to do a system restore or scan your computer for any malware.

If CCleaner's Registry cleaner seems a bit too "strong" you can use an older version of CCleaner which is v.3.03.1366 still available for download here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

It has a less aggressive Registry cleaner that does not usually pick up the entries with the "OpenWithList" description.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.