windows log files

anson

I use a laptop running Windows 7 32 bit and have been using ccleaner for years with no problems until 3.07 and 3.08. Now when trying to run either of those with Windows log files ticked the scan stalls at about 35%. If I untick it then the run completes. I have tried various methods of deleting these log files elsewhere including TweakNow but it has no effect. Short of doing a Windows 7 repair is there any way I can rectify this?

There must be something additional factoring in here. I am running CC 3.08 on my Win7 x64 laptop with Windows Log Files checked and the scan does not hang. I just ran it and 6 log files were deleted.

post-37617-0-98068000-1311083900_thumb.jpg

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

For my case, its analyse phase, no problem in cleaning, it still work, but it alway hanged at analysing log files for abt 1-2 min then it continue to complete analysing and cleaning.It still work and log files were cleaned, but its juz that it took too long to analyse the log file, this dosen't happen on ver 3.06, it started to act this way from 3.07 onward.I did a complete uninstall and reinstall ccleaner, but it dosen't fix it.

• Moderators

how big is your update log (mine was a plain text with only a few lines)

try to delete the windows update log to the recycle bin and recreate a blank txt file with the same name. "WindowsUpdate.log"

see if it has the same difficulties, if not delete the new file and let windows regenerate the file.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

My Update log is many lines (100Kb) When I try to delete it I get this message: "This Action can't be completed because the file is open in Application Experience" What is Application Experience and how do I sort this problem?

• Moderators

try to delete the windows update log to the recycle bin and recreate a blank txt file with the same name. "WindowsUpdate.log"

I know on XP that Automatic Updates has to be turned off in Services first, and then wait several seconds to perhaps 2 or some minutes before it can actually be deleted - or the simple way is to use a tool that can delete on reboot like Trend Micro HijackThis, or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware->Tools->FileAssassin.

my windowupdate.log is 0kb, its a blank text, i did delete it and let window regenerate it, but the problem is still there, my window are fully updated and i had not encounter any updates that refuse to install.

• Moderators

Sounds like the parties who are having this issue should add windowsupdate.log to their exclude list.

Application Experience is best described http://www.blackviper.com/wiki/Application_Experience

It's the little score that your computer is given, in Mycomputer>Properties

but why yours locks windowsupdate.log and my doesn't I'm not sure

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

This seems to work as an alternative to clear log files. Any thoughts?

@echo off

FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V

IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto theEnd

for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")

goto theEnd

:do_clear

echo clearing %1

wevtutil.exe cl %1

goto :eof

:theEnd

Comes from this site.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-73686.html