CCleaner Community Forums
hazelnut

BlackHawk browser

For me it was no faster than Firefox 5, so I don't know what everyone else is raving about and it was really slow on this forum.

Also with all those blackhawk.exe processes running it was consuming gobs more RAM than Firefox 5 especially since I applied a tweak in Firefox to disable plugin-container.

Well, I'll try anything as long as no reboot is required. :P

Blackhawk ran faster than ie8 on all sites, but my experience is quite limited, never tried FF 5 nor any of the metallic browsers. Will take a peek at FF 5 if I can install it w/o rebooting.

Well, here is a picture from Process explorer with all 3 browsers running 3 tabs each. Might be that FF 5 (installed) is using a bit more memory than Blackhawk, but I agree that it is really fast. Had not tried it before now.

th_Blackhawk14_FF-BH-IE-memory_3tabs.jpg

Poor old ie8 is left in the dust, both by the numbers and the subjective perception of speed. :(

Poor old ie8 is left in the dust, both by the numbers and the subjective perception of speed. :(

It's sad though that some badly crafted sites still require IE8 to fully function.

Has anyone tried it?

Just revisited Blackhawk Browser. I was using Google maps, satellite view, and ie8 slowed to a crawl. Started thinking, this computer is faster than this, so I tried the same searches w/ Blackhawk. Much faster. Don't know much about rendering engines, using AJAX, etc., but Blackhawk is a bunch faster for redrawing those maps.

Haven't tried to compare w/ Firefox, but much faster that ie8. Thanks, Hazel. :-)