How To Clean Custom Opera Installations

And my only remaining question is what are the available options for "ID=xxxx" and "LangRef=xxxx" in a winapp2.ini file?

The preamble says

; LangSecRef
;  3021 = Applications
;  3022 = Internet
;  3023 = Multimedia
;  3024 = Utilities
;  3025 = Windows
;  3026 = Firefox/Mozilla
;  3027 = Opera
;  3028 = Safari

I do not know all the consequences but I had a stab at it.

Winapp2.ini included

[WMP Art Cache*]
LangSecRef=3023

I changed it to

[WMP Art Cache*]
LangSecRef=3024

As I suspected from when I launched CCleaner it still detected WMP Art Cache*

but the checkbox was moved down out of the "Multimedia" group to the Utilities group.

Being game for a giggle I tried both 3024 and 3099,

and for each the WMP entry appeared in a nameless group with a blank line instead of a Title that followed all the other groups.

I suspect the only thing you can do with these numbers is :-

alter which group the checkbox appears in,

affect which group it is displayed in during Analysis/Cleaning.

CAUTION :-

Software can be tricky. There may be unexpected consequences.

e.g.

When cleaning multimedia it may be appropriate to avoid violating DRM restrictions,

and it is conceivable that CCleaner has a bit of coding that takes special care when dealing with Multimedia,

and it might be based upon being in group 3023.

Had I actually cleaned the system with the wrong number then my daughters IPOD music might have suffered when Apple connected.

Alan_B: thanks for the thought but I'm aware of the list of "LangSecRef"'s atop the winapp2.ini file. What I'm searching for is a list of "ID=xxxx" and "LangRef=xxxx" options for the winapp2.ini, but it seems as if they're a more closely guarded secret than the recipe for original Coke :P .

No need to be sorry; I'm grateful for any help :) . For whatever reason, "LangSecRef"'s are the only things listed on the winapp2.ini file, and all my searching has uncovered no "ID=xxxx" or "LangRef=xxxx" options. Grrr. Or would that be :angry: . Perhaps Winapp2.ini will take pity on me.

• Moderators

ID is something that Piriform is using internally to count the apps they cover in the internals of CCLeaner. Ignore it. Sorry it took me a while to figure out what you referred to.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Nergal: thanks for your reply. I'm only curious as to possible options for "ID=xxxx" and "LangRef=xxxx" because, while working on the custom Opera cleaning options, I noticed that if I delete "ID=xxxx" and-or "LangRef=xxxx" (I didn't dig too deeply on variations) from an entry then odd things, such as a change in category order under a heading, occur. Being me I just wanted to play around with the different numbers ("xxxx" options) to further customize my custom Opera cleaning, but I guess if the possible number codes for "ID=xxxx" and "LangRef=xxxx" aren't findable then that'll just have to satisfy my brain itch ;) .

• Moderators

Well, again, "Langref" is required and follows the scheme listed above by alan_b (twice ;) and, again, ignore ID, it means nothing and is used by the dev team only (in order to not duplicate I would assume).

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

I think (again like ID) langref is something internal for the developers.

Basically don't worry about it it's not needed for your entries

you entry only requires (and you should only put in)

[Name]

LangSecRef

DetectFile and/or Detect

FilekeyX and/or RegkeyX

Ignore alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll other things you may see in the embedded

Ignore alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll other things you may see in the embedded

So I take it you're recommending I ignore "ID=xxxx" and "LangRef=xxxx" :lol: ? In that case, I'll do just that and put this thread to rest after a final thank you very much to everyone who helped; I appreciate it :) .