My Suggestions

MetalSir

hi everybody!

i really appreciate your wonderful sw, and i use it on my pc for years with much satisfaction. since you started to produce ccleaner for mac i decided to use it even on my mac.. and by using ccleaner on both systems (pc-mac) i make some comparison between the two version of the product.

now i'm gonna list a couple of things useful for me to implement in the mac version, please notice that i'm NOT a programmer, so i'm not "inside" programming matters..

IMHO (indeed) the mac version should have this additional features (just to be more similar to the pc version):

- possibility of choosing (and auto detecting) other browsers (i.e. i use chrome);

- after "analyze" having the approximate size of the amount to be removed expressed in MB, not in kb (just to be more user friendly with n00bs like me);

- possibility of "Run Cleaner" even with any browser running (i.e. on pc i can clean my system by skipping firefox/chrome process);

and least but not last, do you have the possibility to implement an app unistaller inside ccleaner? is very useful on pc.. and mac is a crap on removing apps (i mean detecting and finding ALL the files of an app, not just what is inside the application folder).. i use a 3rd party sw at the moment: app delete.. but i know you can do MUCH better!

good work, and you rulez!

metalsir

I'm also just a user and know very little about programming, but an uninstaller that could search for related library files to cleanly uninstall apps would be awesome. Consider this my vote for it! App zapper is an application that already does something like that. If you could create something similar for ccleaner mac that would be awesome, especially since the pc version of ccleaner has an uninstaller feature. To be sure that you're deleting the correct library files you might be able to search for similarly named files (to the application in question) in the filesystem and then cross reference them with the applications date created information. Just an idea I dont know if that's the safest way or if its even possible.

Edited by Nergal
Removed Link to App If the devs want to they can find it.

I'm also just a user and know very little about programming, but an uninstaller that could search for related library files to cleanly uninstall apps would be awesome. Consider this my vote for it! App zapper is an application that already does something like that. If you could create something similar for ccleaner mac that would be awesome, especially since the pc version of ccleaner has an uninstaller feature. To be sure that you're deleting the correct library files you might be able to search for similarly named files (to the application in question) in the filesystem and then cross reference them with the applications date created information. Just an idea I dont know if that's the safest way or if its even possible.

yeah.. i use the pc version and can do much more than unistall.. it has more features.. very interesting features to set up the system.. but we know that mac is different! btw IMHO an unistaller (that can detect all the related files to the app) would be very very welcome! =)