Sort Cookies by Date

I LOVE CCleaner. Been using it for years!

But something I have always wanted to see was an option to sort the Cookies list by Date.

Please add a Date column with the Cookie file date and time.

Make it sortable by clicking on the column header.

That way I can find those added most recently.

It will keep me from having to look through so many.

Keep up the GREAT work on this excellent app.

Cookies store expiry dates they don't store creation dates so I doubt this would be possible to implement.

Furthermore I fail to see how cookies in date order would be helpful you either need them or you don't.

Richard S.

On his first point, redhawk is partially correct ? cookies do not ?store? the creation date. However, a cookie is a file and, as such, it does have a creation date. While not visible or displayed in CCleaner, you can easily do what you want. I will use Windows 7 as an example, and I will leave it to you to tailor this procedure for Windows XP:

Go to START, RUN, and enter ?C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low? in the RUN box (without the quotes), and ENTER.

When the window opens, RIGHT CLICK on the column header bar, and add the ?DATE CREATED? column.

Then, SORT by DATE CREATED.

On his second point, redhawk may not see any value in sorting by DATE CREATED. You, and others, may see beyond this and use this information for some purpose that redhawk has not yet realized.

Bill, suggestions are what they are. That other users may not see the value should not be an obstacle. Ultimately, the implementation is considered by the developers. There is always a balance between the feature requested (value), the resources (people and cost) required, and the schedule. Only the Piriform management can decide this, and not other users and moderators, although their feedback and comments are equally considered, as are all users feedback and comments.

Geoffrey

BPAA

In my experience Files have three dates, Created, Modified, Accessed.

Cookies have any Expiry date which may (or possibly not) be honoured.

Firefox Cookies do NOT seem to be files. When a cookie is deleted it save no space.

Perhaps we are talking about IE? cookies.

How can a date be relevant ?

If a cookie is cleaned the next time the site is connected it will be created.

If it is not cleaned its creation date may possibly show when the site first planted the cookie.

Two different sites are visited every day, one is cleaned each day, the other is excluded from cleaning.

Their "creation" dates are very different, but I cannot see how these dates indicate usefulness.

Which of four possible dates is of interest, or do you want all four dates in 4 separately sortable columns ?

"That way I can find those added most recently.

It will keep me from having to look through so many."

Obviusly it's the creation date that is of interest. The helpfullnes of this option also seems pretty obvius to me if not so to everyone.

I think it's a good suggestion if implementable.

• Moderators

Firefox cookies do not seem to be within individual files.

I therefore deduce your suggestion may be only valid for I.E. cookies

Which would not work as the cookies to keep screen is a unified location (All cookies are listed there no matter the browser or Flash)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com