Recuva always causes immediate DEP error

kellam

Recuva installed okay on both of my computers (PCs running XP SP3). Runs fine on one but on the other it throws a DEP (Data Execution Prevention) error immediately and stops. I don't know how to give you any further info since, although a diagnostic notice is sent to MS, there is no further diagnostic info locally.

Any ideas?

BTW CCleaner, Defraggler, and Speccy run fine on the machine with the problem.

• Moderators

If you right click 'My Computer' and select properties and then select the advanced tab along the top, look for Performance section and click on the settings, is DEP turned on for all programs?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

If you right click 'My Computer' and select properties and then select the advanced tab along the top, look for Performance section and click on the settings, is DEP turned on for all programs?

Thanks for the response. There is no "Advanced" tab along the top of the Properties for My Computer, however, I went to Control Panel / System Properties / Performance Options where there is a DEP tab and no, the "Turn on DEP for all programs ..." option is not selected, only for "essential Windows programs and services"

• Moderators

Anything of interest in the Event Viewer?

(Control panel, Administrative Tools, Event viewer, double click on system and application etc and see if any red warnings write ups correspond timewise and see what they say) )

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com