Firefox cache

pootie

I have just installed the latest version of CCleaner but as with previous versions it still skips the Firefox cache even though all the options for cleaning this are ticked. I see from a Google search that there may be some bug in CCleaner which is causing this but I can find no remedy. Does anyone have any knowledge about this as it's a real pain having to go through the cleaning options in Firefox all the time

Thanks

Pootie

hi Pootie,

I have the same problem. Mozilla (version 1.7.3) is being skipped every time, even though CCleaner's latest version (1.25.201) is supposed to have fixed this bug. :unsure:

Let's hope for someone who can tell us what's wrong (with CCleaner)...

Hello, Firefox/Mozilla whizzkids, anyone out there?

Thanks,

bolletje

Let's hope for someone who can tell us what's wrong (with CCleaner)...

Hello, Firefox/Mozilla whizzkids, anyone out there?

Thanks,

bolletje

22836[/snapback]

I have Mozilla Firefox, version 1.0.6 (old, yes, I know)

AND

CCleaner, version 1.26.218

Firefox Cache is detected, reported, and cleaned (for me, anyway).

I experimented with removing selective checks, and it still always detects Mozilla.

Perhaps this glitch is specific to only certain versions of Firefox ? :unsure:

It cleans it under the Windows tab, not the Applications tab as it's listed. I was going to report this bug.

I take that back. It cleans under both. See attachments:

post-3440-1133149195_thumb.jpg

post-3440-1133149207_thumb.jpg

It's still a bug as it should only clean whats listed under the tab. There is no Firefox option under the Windows tab so it shouldn't clean it.

post-3440-1133149195_thumb.jpg

post-3440-1133149207_thumb.jpg

Edited by ssurfer24

Are you sure that Firefox is shutting down completely? A "hanging shutdown" with some processes still running in the background, is a fairly common Firefox problem. Open the Task Manager -> Processes tab, and end any firefox.exe processes that are still running after you shut down Firefox.

Are you sure that Firefox is shutting down completely? A "hanging shutdown" with some processes still running in the background, is a fairly common Firefox problem. Open the Task Manager -> Processes tab, and end any firefox.exe processes that are still running after you shut down Firefox.

23124[/snapback]

Thanks Greenknight

I closed the Firefox.exe in task manager as you suggested and CCleaner finally did clean the Firefox cache. I still think it's as much a pain as clearing the cache manually in Firefox. It would be nice to see this bug fixed

Thanks again to all who replied

Pootie