Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Fixed that. Sorry. Bit out of it this week.

How about Snagit 11 More* instead of Snagit 11*?

I think "More" should be removed from all the Winapp2 entries. Asterisk ( * ) at the end of the entry reflects that it is a Winapp2 entry.

• Moderators

How about Snagit 11 More* instead of Snagit 11*?

I think "More" should be removed from all the Winapp2 entries. Asterisk ( * ) at the end of the entry reflects that it is a Winapp2 entry.

you're post confuses me, in the same post you suggest adding a "more" and abolishing all "more"s (don't agree with this btw)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm a little weary about having a broad clean up like that for an antimalware program, which stores in the systemdrive, added to the public list. Especially weary of a first time poster, no offence, can a long time member test and sign off of this entry.

The link to TDSK's above, you can download it, run it a few times and see the looong-named logs it'll keep leaving in the main directory (TDSSKiller.2.7.22.0_27.03.2012_22.46.06_log.txt...) - even without scanning.

also why is far manager deleting its own detect…or for that matter why does it delete the entire profile folder.

1. Because it should be creating a registry key that could be used to detect it ("Far Manager"), but it doesn't, at least when I try it. It's still in alpha though.

2. Because it's not the profile. The profile is in AppData/Profile. LocalAppData contains the history, cache and temporary stuff.

TDSSKiller is not a something that most folk would have on their system anyway

Neither's the ZX32 ZX Spectrum Emulator v1.03; guess what the last item in Winapp2.ini is?

"Most" workstations still don't have Firefox, Chrome or Libre/OpenOffice installed, either, to name just some top entries.

[OpenOffice.org 3*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\OpenOffice.org
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\config\imagecache|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\cache|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office|Common.xcu
FileKey4=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office|Views.xcu
FileKey5=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office|Writer.xcu
FileKey6=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office|Histories.xcu
FileKey7=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\ucb|Hierarchy.xcu
FileKey8=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\ucb|Store.xcu
FileKey9=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\store|.templdir.cache
FileKey10=%AppData%\OpenOffice.org\*\user\template|*.*

^-- As it is in the new Winapp2.ini, part of this one - file key 10 - wipes out custom or downloaded Libre/OO templates without warning. :-\

• Moderators

^-- As it is in the new Winapp2.ini, part of this one - file key 10 - wipes out custom or downloaded Libre/OO templates without warning. :-\

Good catch. Whoever it is that keeps making these sweeping and dangerous entries, please remember that just because you may not use (in this case) templates doesn't mean others do not.

The same can be said for the Windows Media Player entry, which, despite my protests, included *.wmdb (the database of your music, including play stats and custom tag fields). This was then adopted by The Development team and caused so much havoc that it forced them to produce a second version of 3.17.

This can not be said enough PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU SUBMIT WE CANNOT EXPECT Winapp2.ini TO RECOGNIZE THE HARM THAT MAY BE CAUSED BY SUBMISSIONS AND THIS ini FILE IS THE BETA TEST FOR MANY NEW AND EDITTED ENTRIES IN CCleaner default cleaning.

We the submitting public are at fault for the harm caused by the Windows Media Player Entry and for the harm caused by the entry that Kojak pointed out.

With great power come great responsiblity. Please exercise caution hence forth when submitting an entry or edit.

YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REMOVING OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD. nuff said back to having fun.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

you're post confuses me, in the same post you suggest adding a "more" and abolishing all "more"s (don't agree with this btw)

1st paragraph= I am pointing to an error

2nd paragraph= Suggestion

Good catch. Whoever it is that keeps making these sweeping and dangerous entries, please remember that just because you may not use (in this case) templates doesn't mean others do not.

The same can be said for the Windows Media Player entry, which, despite my protests, included *.wmdb (the database of your music, including play stats and custom tag fields). This was then adopted by The Development team and caused so much havoc that it forced them to produce a second version of 3.17.

This can not be said enough PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU SUBMIT WE CANNOT EXPECT Winapp2.ini TO RECOGNIZE THE HARM THAT MAY BE CAUSED BY SUBMISSIONS AND THIS ini FILE IS THE BETA TEST FOR MANY NEW AND EDITTED ENTRIES IN CCleaner default cleaning.

We the submitting public are at fault for the harm caused by the Windows Media Player Entry and for the harm caused by the entry that Kojak pointed out.

With great power come great responsiblity. Please exercise caution hence forth when submitting an entry or edit.

YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REMOVING OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS THREAD. nuff said back to having fun.

There is no need to be so rude and aggressive. We all are volunteers here. I do it as it is my hobby I don’t get paid for the time I spent to produce entries for Winapp2.ini. I have helped R-Wipe & Clean and East-Tec Eraser since they have started their projects years before. They always have appreciated and never posted THREATENING comments to me. I try to be very careful when I produce the entries for Winapp2.ini. There should be a warning in this entry and I forgot to add it.

I have given so many useful entries and most of them are already in CCleaner now.

I think there should be someone to oversee the new entries before they are added into Winapp2.ini.

1st paragraph= reply to your comments

2nd paragraph= also a reply to your comments

3rd paragraph= suggestion

This is my work for the last one year.

New entries that I have provided:

[7-Zip More*]

[Adobe Flash Player More*]

[Acrobat Distiller 10*]

[Adobe Acrobat Distiller Cache*]

[Adobe Shockwave 11*]

[ArcSoft MediaConverter 7*]

[Cached GDI+ Fonts*]

[Cached Fonts*]

[Cached Icons*]

[Cached WPF Fonts*]

[Cached Shell Extensions*]

[CA Security Center (logs)*]

[CrashDumps*]

[Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3*

[Corel PaintShop Pro X4*]

[Corel VideoStudio Pro X4*]

[Corel VideoStudio Pro X5*]

[CyberLink Install Temps*]

[CyberLink PhotoDirector 3*]

[CyberLink PowerDirector 10*]

[Diagnostics Logs*]

[DivX Plus Player*]

[EasyGPS*]

[FastStone Image Viewer*]

[Freemake Audio Converter (Logs)*]

[Freemake Video Downloader (Logs)*]

[Glary Utilities (Backups)*]

[internet Explorer More*]

[iTunes Album Artwork Cache*]

[iTunes Cache*]

[iTunes Logs*]

[iTunes Previous Libraries*]

[iTunes Temp Files*]

[Macromedia Shockwave 10 More*]

[Macromedia Shockwave 11 More*]

[Malicious Software Removal Tool*]

[MountPoints2*]

[MS Clip Organizer*]

[MS Management Console More*]

[MS Office Saved CEIP data*]

[MS Office UnsavedFiles*]

[MS Picture Manager*]

[MS UserScanProfiles*]

[Nero Vision*]

[Nero Video 11*]

[OpenOffice.org 3*]

[Paltalk Messenger*]

[Paint.NET More*]

[PowerISO*]

[Registry First Aid 8 (Backups)*]

[RealPlayer Database Files*]

[RealPlayer Logs*]

[RealPlayer WatchFolders*]

[RealPlayer Converter*]

[RealPlayer Trimmer*]

[RealPlayer 15 More*]

[Reg Organizer (Backups)*]

[setup Logs*]

[skype More*]

[snagit 9*]

[snagit 10*]

[stored Application Descriptions*]

[stored Qt Modules Paths*]

[Tipard Total Media Converter*]

[unity Web Player Cache*]

[VLC media player More*]

[WinASO Registry Optimizer (Backups)*]

[Windows Compatibility Assistant*]

[Windows Defender More*]

[Windows DVD Maker*]

[Windows Error Reporting More*]

[Windows Local Settings*]

[Windows Media Center*]

[Windows Session Manager*]

[Windows System Profile*]

[Windows Tracing*]

[WMP Art Cache*]

[WMP MediaGuide*]

[WMP TFC*]

[WLSetup Logs*]

--------------------------------------------

The entries that I corrected:

[Audio/Video (Stats)*]

[Auslogics BoostSpeed*]

[Auslogics Disk Defrag*]

[Auslogics Registry Cleaner*]

[Auslogics Registry Defrag*]

[Auslogics System Information*]

[CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner (Backups)*]

[Config.msi Folder*]

[FastStone Capture*]

[Freemake Video Converter (Logs)*]

[JDownloader Capatchas*]

[JDownloader Config*]

[JDownloader DLC*]

[JDownloader Downloads*]

[JDownloader Logs*]

[JDownloader .junique*]

[jv16 PowerTools 2011*]

[McAfee Logs*]

[MP3Gain*]

[MS Office Word More*]

[Roxio Log Files*]

[snagit 11*]

[ultraISO*]

• Moderators

Right guys let's get back on track here.

Everyone who contributes to Winapp2.ini thread is valued, there is no doubt about that.

@saad2011

I don't think for one moment Nergal was 'talking' to you in particular, he was talking to all submitters and asking them really just to double check entries before submitting them as when they are wrong it can have nasty consequences. Nothing personal to you sadd2011 :)

@kojak

Welcome to the forum and for your submissions. Ultimately it is nothing to do with ccleaner program itself what entries go into winapp2.ini as you know, it is a members program, however members will sometimes query entries as Nergal did, my comment about TDSS killer was just made as an observation.

By the way loads of members here use Firefox and Chrome :)

(You say Far Manager is in alpha, is it worth including an alpha release program?)

Anyway guys, let's cool down here and get back to helping with the entries, suggestions, and the testing of them.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I wasn't competing, Saad's comment made me realize how many I've written. It's a lot. x.x!

Sorry I'm a bit hectic, busy week.

But seriously, everything is important. I actually didn't include the TDSS Killer because it didn't have a detection, and I wasn't sure about Far Manager as it appeared to be deleting its entire profile.

But certainly well done everyone!

I've got a nifty little announcement coming up eventually, stay tuned for that :3

Also I'm super sorry for when "volatile" and harmful entries find their way in, I try to keep an eye out but admittedly, I sometimes glaze over.

I'll give the file another look over for the next release, too see if anything else needs to be changed!

Take care! !

Please change the following entry, because RegKey2 and 3 are included in winapp.ini of CCleaner now:

[Windows Media Player (Media Guide)*]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer

Default=True

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences|CurrentBackgroundScanFolder

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Services\MediaGuide|CachedIconPath

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Services\MediaGuide|CachedLargeLogoPath

I think you can remove the following entry, because RegKey and FileKey are included in winapp.ini of CCleaner (for Office 2003, 2007 and 2010):

[MS Office Temp Files*]

LangSecRef=3021

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common|FontBmpCache

FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Office|*.tmp|RECURSE

Thanks!

I'm not sure if all winapp2.ini users will agree, but following entries could possibly be changed or removed. Comments are welcome.

Remove - FileKey included in winsys.ini [Windows Log Files]:

[.NET Framework Logs*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\Microsoft.NET|*.log|RECURSE

Remove - FileKey included in winsys.ini :

[Cached WPF Fonts*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local|*.dat

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local|lastalive0.dat

ExcludeKey2=FILE|%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local|lastalive1.dat

Change - FileKey2 included in winsys.ini [Windows Log Files]:

[Diagnostics Logs*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%WinDir%\debug

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\debug\WIA|wiatrace.log

FileKey2=%WinDir%\debug|PASSWD.log

Remove - FileKey included in winsys.ini [Windows Log Files]:

[Malicious Software Removal Tool*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%WinDir%\debug

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\debug|mrt.log

Change - FileKey1 included in winsys.ini [Other Explorer MRUs]:

[MS Direct 3D MRU*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw

Default=False

RegKey1=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication

RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication

RegKey3=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Direct3D\MostRecentApplication

Change - FileKey2 included in winsys.ini [Windows Log Files]:

[Windows Update Logs*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%WinDir%\SoftwareDistribution

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs|*.*

FileKey2=%WinDir%\SoftwareDistribution|ReportingEvents.log

Thank you for pointing those out! A lot of times, I don't properly check to see what's included in the winapp.ini. There have been a few times where I've done it almost line-by-line, in which case I removed a lot of entries!

I think most things included in winapp.ini should be removed from winapp2.ini for linearity's sake.

Thank you for pointing those out! A lot of times, I don't properly check to see what's included in the winapp.ini. There have been a few times where I've done it almost line-by-line, in which case I removed a lot of entries!

I think most things included in winapp.ini should be removed from winapp2.ini for linearity's sake.

I totally agree. :D

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Hello,

I have detect some directions for adding to the winapp2.ini , i am not an expert about it check it by your self and if this will help you add them.

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\Setup.log

C:\NVIDIA\*.*

C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version7\TeamViewer7_Logfile.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\RTL8187 Wireless LAN Utility\RtlService.log

C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\RapidShareManager\.install4j\installation.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\RapidShareManager\.install4j\files.log

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ahvlgfq6.default\extensions.log

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ahvlgfq6.default\flashgot.log

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Roaming\Birdstep Technology\EasyConnect\History.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster 3\Boost.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster 3\gamebooster.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster 3\gbtray.log

C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.20110223_002002.log

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.downloadassistant.AdobeDownloadAssistant\Local Store\application.log

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts\gavliaris2@hotmail.com\15.5\DBStore\LogFiles\edb.log

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\*.*

C:\Users\Guest.DHMHTRHS-PC\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\*.*

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Local\Google\Picasa2\network.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\RapidShareManager\bootstrap.log

C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\SHIMGen\GPU_Reader.log

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jupdate-1.6.0_29-b11.log

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jupdate-1.6.0_30-b12.log

C:\Users\DHMHTRHS\AppData\Roaming\WinRAR\rar.log

C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\*.log

- Thanks! :D

I Would Like To Kiss You But I Cant Tell Me Why Not My BaBy ? ? ?

• Moderators

yes, my apologies to those who found my post rude or out of place. As Hazelnut said, I was speaking to everyone in general and was only making it clear that the work we do here is very important to the maintenance of computers and the evolution of piriform's software, and that we must be careful as somebody could use an entry and be super messed up.

I was in my own way mearly moderating the thread and the fact that increasingly I've seen entries that, worryingly seem not to take into account other programmatic users (as recently pointed out in the two examples above). Again if my sharp tongue lashing was out of sort I apologize.

New entrie

[Microsoft.NET Temp*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319|*.tmp

and i found about 123MB of temp files in here

%WinDir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\*|*.tmp

and some tmp files in system32 folder

is it safe to delete there? :mellow:

Guys please add Messenger Plus! for Skype!

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Please add the following.

[AOL 9.0*]

LangSecRef=3022

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\AOL 9.0

Default=False

FileKey1=c:\ProgramData\AOL\C_AOL 9.0\bart|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=c:\ProgramData\AOL\C_AOL 9.0\spool|*.*|RECURSE

[AOL Program Updates*]

LangSecRef=3022

DetectFile=c:\ProgramData\AOL Downloads

Default=False

FileKey1=c:\ProgramData\AOL Downloads|*.*|RECURSE