Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

The only way to add a detectfile would be to detectfile iconcache.db, which would also upset trim_x.bat :(

Actually several years ago, before CCleaner advanced from series 2.* to 3.*,

I found that this would work for me, and it should be good to Iconcache also :-

DetectFile=C:\

Trim_x.bat thus far has not been concerned by the absence of a detect.

My upcoming version is more rigorous and the absence caused a "Volatile" alert which was easily fixed.

I have a concern that if CCleaner.exe code expects a detect,

then in the absence of a detect its behavior is undefined,

and that is NEVER a good thing.

At any time in the future a code revision might refrain from deleting what has not been detected.

I haven't had any issues with removing these

Thanks for testing! :)

Actually several years ago, before CCleaner advanced from series 2.* to 3.*, I found that this would work for me, and it should be good to Iconcache also :-

DetectFile=C:\

Or maybe this detection line?

DetectFile=%LocalAppData%

[Apple Installer Cache*]

LangSecRef=3023

DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer

Default=False

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\*|*.*

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Apple\Installer Cache\*|*.*

I did get a warning in the event viewer after launching Apple Software Updater if I removed the Installer Cache folder also. But the entry as is it works without trouble.

Is there a way to get the DetectFile to point to %AppData%\Mozilla\FireFox\Profiles\unique numbers and letters .default\ ?

for this:

[AdBockPlus backups*]
LangSecRef=3026
Warning=This will remove all filter backups
DetectFile=%AppData%\Mozilla\FireFox\Profiles
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mozilla\FireFox\Profiles\*\adblockplus|patterns-backup*.ini

not really a submitted entry as it'd show up weather or not they have the ABP extension installed

• Moderators

Your Trim_X Bat file is really helpful!! I just tried and it really improves loading. As the entry list keeps growing it will become more and more helpful. Keep up the Good.

It's Actually @Alan_B's .bat

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I did get a warning in the event viewer after launching Apple Software Updater if I removed the Installer Cache folder also. But the entry as is it works without trouble.

Right, that's why the entry doesn't remove the folders and deletes the setup files only. If you remove the folders also, there will appear an error message or a repair installation (e.g. QuickTime).

A couple new ones

[NirSoft RegScanner Backups*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\NirSoft\RegScanner
Warning=This will remove all backups and reports made by RedScanner. If you backed up elsewhere these are safe to remove.
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\NirSoft\RegScanner|report.html
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\NirSoft\RegScanner|*.bak

[bleachBit Error Reproting Log*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Bleachbit
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\BleachBit|bleachbit.exe.log

NEW ENTRY

[MountPoints2*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

http://www.ehow.com/how_8541638_delete-mountpoints2-regedit.html

The entry listed below is not working. Can someone take a look at this and tell me what I did wrong?

[Cached File Extensions*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

The entry listed below is not working. Can someone take a look at this and tell me what I did wrong?

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

It's in the in the winapp2.ini list already. I kept editing, hitting f5 and waiting for the check box to appear with no luck then noticed it was listed twice :blink:

It's in the in the winapp2.ini list already. I kept editing, hitting f5 and waiting for the check box to appear with no luck then noticed it was listed twice :blink:

Yes, it is in Winapp2.ini already. I have provided this entry and its not working. :)

A bonus with my Trim_? bat is that duplicated entries are detected and counted / warned as "Repetition Anomalies"

(though Trim_10 dropped the word Repetition to fit the display in the window size of a Laptop

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

The above is "detected" but does not clean on either Windows 7 SP1 x64 Professional or Windows 7 SP1 x86 Professional. I do not see anything invalid in the RegKey1 code :wacko:

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

here's something I've been missing for ages:

(deletes all dialog history including searches (find function) in winrar)

working code, please add this:

[WinRAR Dialog History*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory

have been trying to do a code that deletes all subfolders separately instead of deleting the entire DIalogEditHistory key for almost 1 hour now...

tried stuff like

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|REMOVESELF|ArcName|FindArcNames|FindNames

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|RECURSE|ArcName|FindArcNames|FindNames

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|REMOVESELF

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|RECURSE

and all that stuff with a slash on the end, just like this:

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory\|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory\|*.*|REMOVESELF

etc.

even tried using * instead of *.*, because that would make sense, as *.* usually stand for filename.extension since at least 1981, and regkeys don't have any extensions.

but nothing works! dammit! I'm already tearing my hair out...

so I hope you'll just accept my code from above which is the only one that's working at all. thanks

It is functioning fine. The way you have it set to clean removes all values in the Fileexts key, but not subkeys (folders)

Try

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer|FileExts

The above modification does not work either. I'm wondering if its because Explorer.exe is running continuously.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

As is, it's removing the key and subkeys on win7 and just the subkeys in winxp for me. With it just recreating the Key and subkeys of Exts when I open a ext type.

After changing it to RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer|FileExts it regenerated the whole entire list :o

edit. the |FileExts didn't work. The list was regenerated when I task killed explorer and restarted it.

Edited by Coffee4Joe