Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

4 hours ago, APMichael said:

The use of the semicolon (;) is not always invalid. If wildcards are also used, it may be used. Please see example 5: https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-exclude-items-from-ccleaners-cleaning.

Perhaps a check for wildcards (and semicolons) in ExcludeKeys with the FILE switch will suffice

1 hour ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Perhaps a check for wildcards (and semicolons) in ExcludeKeys with the FILE switch will suffice

Yes, such a check would be helpful. But please note that wildcards are allowed before the pipe symbol (in the path). Wildcards should therefore only be checked after the pipe symbol.

On 24/01/2020 at 16:02, APMichael said:

- Run "Notepad" as administrator (via the right-click menu).
- Use "Open" and navigate to the CCleaner installation folder (C:\Program Files\CCleaner).
- Open the file "winapp2.ini".
- Copy the entry [Caprine *].
- Paste it at the end of the file and save it.
- Start CCleaner and the new entry should appear.

I've just tested it and everything works like before cleaning.

[Caprine *]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Programs\caprine
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Caprine|*-journal;LOG;LOG.old|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Caprine|Network Persistent State
FileKey3=%AppData%\Caprine\*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%AppData%\Caprine\blob_storage|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%AppData%\Caprine\Caprine\logs|*.*
FileKey6=%AppData%\Caprine\logs|*.*
FileKey7=%AppData%\Caprine\Session Storage|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\caprine-updater|*.*|RECURSE

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, don_dolarson said:

Is there a way to get rid of applications that I no longer use? These marked with * coming from winapp2.ini and these wihout it. I've used couple of application once and they remain on the list after they've been uninstalled for a long time ago.

You can try running the Trim function of winapp2ool to rid yourself of these entries, however if CCleaner is detecting them and showing them to you, it means the removed software left whatever aspect of itself winapp2.ini is using to detect it.

You have two options for ridding yourself of these "leftover" entries: manually delete the entry from winapp2.ini (be aware that it may return if the detect criteria are still present on the computer - which it sounds like they may be!)

or

manually delete the detect criteria from the computer. This will prevent CCleaner from detecting the entry as valid and will cause winapp2ool to actually Trim these entries out of your file after you've done it.

36 minutes ago, don_dolarson said:

Is there a way to get rid of applications that I no longer use? These marked with * coming from winapp2.ini and these wihout it. I've used couple of application once and they remain on the list after they've been uninstalled for a long time ago.

- It's usually a sign that the un-install program didn't remove all files and/or all registry entries that were listed in the Winapp2.ini file.

- You have to clean those entries yourself from the appropriate folder on disk.

- And / Or (if you're confident enough to use a registry editor like REGEDIT) remove manually those entries from the registry. The file winapp2.ini will show you what to look for and for what program.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

Thank you for your input.

I got rid of some of them by cleaning registry entries manually and deleting folders, but ESET and ESET Online Scanner is still present, though there's no files and no registry entries left. I couldn't get rid of NVIDIA Install Files, but this isn't coming from winapp2.ini. I don't have any NVIDIA graphic card anymore.

On 12/02/2020 at 08:33, don_dolarson said:

... but ESET and ESET Online Scanner is still present, though there's no files and no registry entries left. I couldn't get rid of NVIDIA Install Files, but this isn't coming from winapp2.ini. I don't have any NVIDIA graphic card anymore.

Did you use regedit.exe and delete the following registry keys?

- Navigate to "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET" and delete the key (subfolder) "ESET Security".
- Navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software" and delete the key (subfolder) "NVIDIA Corporation".

Yes, I do. I've used regedit to check for these entries which was stated in winapp2.ini file. There isn't any ESET in MACHINE\SOFTWARE neither CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE.

NVIDIA is done now, thank you.

BTW. I've seen an entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE which was left by Thunderbird. I've uninstalled this application for 2 months ago and as I've uninstalled it, the Thunderbird position in CCleaner disappeared. Now I can see that some entries of it hasn't been removed so I did it manually. Just FYI.

14 hours ago, don_dolarson said:

... There isn't any ESET in MACHINE\SOFTWARE neither CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE. ...

Did you also check "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node" for an "ESET" key? Programs that are coded in 32-bit add their registry keys there under a 64-bit operating system.

No sir, I haven't 🤭

Just deleted ESET in WOW6432Node & trimmed winapp2.ini file & ESET is gone now. Thank you. Don't know how could I miss that. Gonna be more observant next time.

I took "addresses" for NVIDIA, Huawei & ESET which was stated in winapp2.ini file and looked for them in the registry. Can't remember if the WOW6432Node was there. Probably not cause I'd get rid of that as I did for CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE and MACHINE\SOFTWARE.

On 30/07/2019 at 14:15, APMichael said:

New entries:

CCleaner's built-in entry "Cookies" tries to clean up the LevelDB, but leaves many traces. The main LevelDB file *.log will be cleaned, but the clean-up process unfortunately creates new *.ldb files with all the previous data of the *.log file. The MANIFEST file also contains traces of visited websites.

A request: Could someone please test if this affects installed extensions? Thank you very much!

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/54517-cookies-local-storageleveldb/?do=findComment&comment=315145

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 08:33, don_dolarson said:

Thank you for your input.

I got rid of some of them by cleaning registry entries manually and deleting folders, but ESET and ESET Online Scanner is still present, though there's no files and no registry entries left. I couldn't get rid of NVIDIA Install Files, but this isn't coming from winapp2.ini. I don't have any NVIDIA graphic card anymore.

- You also could try if a "Registry Cleaner" (e.g. In CCleaner) would be able to remove those obsolete registry entries.

- Or try a registry cleaner that is (a bit) more aggressive than CCleaner. I can recommend Eusing's . I have used it for years and found that using it had no adverse effects.

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

FYI the "Your Phone" and other Windows UWP Apps have the following line for people with NVIDIA graphics cards

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.YourPhone_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*

I have a AMD Radeon RX 580, I can confirm this is the folder created for this vendor (containing a file named cachefile.bin)

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.YourPhone_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\AMD\DxCache

Please add it to winapp2.ini

I wonder if somebody with an Intel IGFX based CPU can look and provide us with the bin file and folder name created for Intel.

AMD.png

Winapp2.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/cd026108ddd2368982840f63d938a58893dec21f

Edit:

Winapp2.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/359ed9c264bac02ef4445cb87bb003a5e2ba4f8d
(Revised and removed entries for Edge Chromium, as it is now officially supported by CCleaner.)

Edited by APMichael

Suggestion:

Ricktendo64 has reported that Windows Apps now have a (shader-)cache folder from AMD.

In my opinion it is not really necessary to clean up these folders per Windows App, because:

- The folders are not app-based, but driver-based and are only redirected into the app container.
- For classic Win32 applications, the (shader-)cache can also not be cleaned separately per application, but only for all applications together.
- It would also simplify the maintenance of the Windows App entries and save many duplicate lines.

Therefore, my suggestion would be to add the FileKeys to the entries [AMD/ATI *] and [NVIDIA *].

[AMD/ATI *]
FileKeyX=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\AMD\DxCache|*.*

[NVIDIA *]
FileKeyX=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*

Just a report in case you want to add support for this:

In "winapp2oolXP.exe", I have a computer here that comes up with unable to identify operating system version when trying to trim and says to report the following:
out: 5.2

This is a Windows XP Professional 64 bit service pack 2 computer. Trim.bat works but winapp2ool.exe would be a lot nicer. Regular winapp2ool.exe doesn't run on this computer.