CCleaner Community Forums
Winapp2.ini

Winapp2.ini additions

In recent days, when I run Winappool version 1.02, it states that the tool is offline.  Is this fact or is there a problem somewhere?  I am running Windows 10x64 Pro Build 18363.476 V1909 and my default browser is MS Edge Chromium.

Offline.png

11 hours ago, SMalik said:

... Can we change the entry name to [Crash Reports *]?

11 hours ago, Nergal said:

Sounds a little generic.  How about CrashRPT Reports

Also, the entry name [Crash Reports *] is already in use (and two entries with the same name are not possible).

11 hours ago, APMichael said:

Also, the entry name [Crash Reports *] is already in use (and two entries with the same name are not possible).

How about [CrashRPT Logs *] ?

39 minutes ago, SMalik said:

I like it

15 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

In recent days, when I run Winappool version 1.02, it states that the tool is offline.  Is this fact or is there a problem somewhere?  I am running Windows 10x64 Pro Build 18363.476 V1909 and my default browser is MS Edge Chromium.

Offline.png

This is an error, I'll look into it when I've some time this week

May we user suggest an application to add for cleaning so it's gonna be there whenever winapp2.ini file is updated? Just installed an application, updated winapp2 file but the application isn't there. It leaves about 200MB of updates after it's done. I don't see "include folder" option in CCleaner.

16 minutes ago, don_dolarson said:

May we user suggest an application to add for cleaning so it's gonna be there whenever winapp2.ini file is updated? Just installed an application, updated winapp2 file but the application isn't there. It leaves about 200MB of updates after it's done. I don't see "include folder" option in CCleaner.

You can suggest, but it's better to provide us with an entry yourself as only suggesting relies heavily on someone else with that program (which depending on the application may not be many or any)

Amazing. It's about an application called Messenger for Desktop. It leaves update package files inside folder

C:\Users\%USERDATA%\AppData\Local\MessengerForDesktop-updater

10 hours ago, don_dolarson said:

Amazing. It's about an application called Messenger for Desktop. It leaves update package files inside folder

C:\Users\%USERDATA%\AppData\Local\MessengerForDesktop-updater

Thanks, but we also need a program path or registry key to detect the program (and create a new entry for it).

You can find instructions for new entries here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2#creating-entries.

I have found all the information and already created the new entry for you:

[Messenger for Desktop *]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Programs\messengerfordesktop
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\messengerfordesktop-updater|*.*|RECURSE

Ummm, do I need to do anything else or you already did it for me and it's about to wait for winapp2.ini update now? I can check what is needed and supply you with these informations. Thank you in advance if you did that for me. Will remember it next time I suggest a new program to add.

16 hours ago, SMalik said:

How about [Ashampoo CrashRPT Logs *] or whatever.

Can't imagine someone remembering exactly what that generic folder path in Windows is associated with later on if it doesn't have the vendor name attached to it since Ashampoo products don't have a unique LangSecRef.

----------------------------

Edit:

Perhaps also, just giving ideas:

[Ashampoo Snap CrashRpt *]
Section=Crash Reports
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\CrashRpt
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\CrashRpt|*.*|RECURSE

1 hour ago, don_dolarson said:

Ummm, do I need to do anything else or you already did it for me and it's about to wait for winapp2.ini update now? I can check what is needed and supply you with these informations. Thank you in advance if you did that for me. Will remember it next time I suggest a new program to add.

You don't have to do anything. 🙂 I will add the new entry with the next update (next week).

1 hour ago, Andavari said:

How about [Ashampoo CrashRPT Logs *] or whatever.

Can't imagine someone remembering exactly what that generic folder path in Windows is associated with later on if it doesn't have the vendor name attached to it since Ashampoo products don't have a unique LangSecRef. ...

JFYI: Ashampoo is not the vendor of CrashRpt. CrashRpt is a library used by various programs.
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/page/325/?tab=comments#comment-312266
http://crashrpt.sourceforge.net/

On 13/11/2019 at 18:29, Winapp2.ini said:

This is an error, I'll look into it when I've some time this week

It's interesting that Windows 10x64 Pro Insider Build 19025 (released 15-Nov) cleared this issue on my test machine. 😲

It still exists on my other systems with Windows 10x64 Pro Version 1909 however.  

NOTE:  As of 18-November, this issue no longer exists on any of my systems.  Winapp2 must have fixed things up...as he normally does!  

Edited by siliconman01
NOTE:

If any Winapp2.ini user also uses program "Internet Download Manager" but does NOT use Chrome or Chrome based browser, the user is subject to a potential issue/conflict when you update Internet Download Manager (IDM) to version 6.35 Build 12.  This new update inserts a registry key HKCU\Software\Cococ to permit an IDM browser extension to be added into the Cococ browser (IDM adds this registry key irrespective of whether the Cococ browser is installed or not). 

Many Winapp2.ini cleaning modules for Chrome and Chrome based browsers perform a Detect=HKCU\Software\Cococ to determine if this chrome based browser (Cococ) is installed on the user system.  Therefore once the user updates to IDM v6.35 Build 12, he/she may start seeing numerous inapplicable Chrome cleaning modules in the Applications tab when the user installs a new Winapp2.ini and performs the TRIM. 

There is no "clean" solution to this problem that I can think of....perhaps Robert or APMichael can ??  

What I have done on my systems is add a Custom module to my Winapp2.ini as shown below to delete this registry key HKCU\Software\Cococ

[Internet Download Manager Registry *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Internet Download Manager
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\CocCoc

Obviously I do not know what the IDM developer's plans are to add more browsers to IDM's supported browsers, but additional browser keys may show up in future IDM updates that will result in the same problem.  

4 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

If any Winapp2.ini user also uses program "Internet Download Manager" ...

Maybe you can report this to the developers as a bug. It is easy for them to query if the registry key for CocCoc already exists and if the additional keys/values they want to add are necessary or not.

It looks like a bug, because this only happens with the registry key for CocCoc. In the registry key for Chrome they do not add any additional keys/values (if Chrome is not installed).

The only solution would be to modify the Detects for all Chrome/Chromium entries. But this would be a lot of effort because of an obviously buggy program.

FileKeys with "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE" and "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE" should be removed from all Microsoft Store apps. I just noticed some apps keep some important files here.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences

2 hours ago, SMalik said:

FileKeys with "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE" and "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE" should be removed from all Microsoft Store apps. I just noticed some apps keep some important files here.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences ...

You already noticed this when you added the entry last year, because your entry [iTunes App *] does not delete these preferences at all:

[iTunes App *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes|Cache.db;*.xml
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies|Cookies.binarycookies
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\SystemAppData\Helium\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/page/291/?tab=comments#comment-296677

(And sorry, but we don't do mass changes anymore, because all mass changes of the past had to be reversed after a few weeks. We haven't had a single issue report for the app entries so far, so a precautionary change doesn't make sense. If an app really should lose important settings, please report the app, respectively its entry, here. Then we can change the FileKeys or add ExcludeKeys.)