Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

12 hours ago, SMalik said:

In Windows 8/10, TokenBroker/Cache is being used to store login infos, so this should be removed from all the Windows 8/10 related entries. There was a similar issue with the [Security Service Token Cache *] entry, where Windows Insider Program account login infos were being removed.

That's done already.
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=282&tab=comments#comment-292586

3 hours ago, APMichael said:

Did you read your old post?!

You clearly talked about "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\INetCache"!

IMHO it's not a good idea to recommend something if you don't know why... But let's forget the topic.

BTW, I checked the container.dat files on my system. They all are empty and have 0 KB. And they get recreated after deletion. It seems there's no reason for deleting them.

Things change over time. I am currently trying Windows 10 Pro Preview build 17112 on one of my systems and lots of things have changed. In computer science/science, there is no final!

Revised Entry

Added: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\JumplistData

[MS Search *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows|Windows.edb
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\PropMap|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\SecStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows|Windows.edb
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\PropMap|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\SecStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%UserProfile%\Searches|*.search-ms
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\JumplistData
RegKey3=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\VolumeInfoCache

Removed entries:

[TCP Optimizer Backups *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\TCP Optimizer
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%|*.spg

TCP Optimizer is a portable application that can be installed anywhere. This entry is useless.

[Sticky Notes *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\Classes\StickyNotes
Default=False
Warning=Selecting this will also delete all sticky notes currently in use.
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes|*.snt

FileKey2=%UserProfile%\Searches|Sticky Notes (Windows Sticky Notes).searchconnector-ms

Users have been requesting to have this entry removed, due to it removing sticky notes.

New Entry:

[DOOM *]
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\379720
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\id Software\DOOM\base\generated\temp|*.*
FileKey2=%UserProfile%\Saved Games\id Software\DOOM\base\generated\temp|*.*

I also revised [The Witcher *] entry here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/6f4883ba79bd474ba12bdb56e21f7fdbd232c4d9

Edited by ROCKNROLL

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

winapp2ool has been updated, comes with some neat lil tidbits

user facing changes:
new: merge module for removed entries.ini and custom.ini
new: autocorrect feature in WinappDebug
new: download & trim the latest winapp2.ini
new: diff local winapp2.ini against online versions
new: download removed entries.ini
changed: menu layouts

It also now requires .NET Framework 4.6 which I think means Windows XP will no longer be supported. This is because of a TLS change on GitHub's end that .NET Framework 4.5 alone didn't support.

8 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

winapp2ool has been updated, comes with some neat lil tidbits

This applies to Windows 10x64 Pro Insider Build 17115.1, V1803 and the latest winapp2ool (Run as Administrator).  When I attempt to MERGE my custom.ini with winapp2.ini, I get an exception error.  I have attached the Event Viewer errors.  4.7.1 .NET Framework is installed.

EventViewerErrors.zip

Edited by siliconman01
Added .NET Framework version comment

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

And !!!  Thanks for the new update and enhancements in winapp2ool.exe.  It's turned into a very powerful and useful tool for users of winapp2.ini.:wub:

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

11 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

This applies to Windows 10x64 Pro Insider Build 17115.1, V1803 and the latest winapp2ool (Run as Administrator).  When I attempt to MERGE my custom.ini with winapp2.ini, I get an exception error.  I have attached the Event Viewer errors.  4.7.1 .NET Framework is installed.

EventViewerErrors.zip

I think I have an idea of the problem here and have a fix ready. Does your custom.ini have a "; version " string? or any ini comments (lines that start with ; ) at all? If not, try adding one and see if it works. I found a spot in the winapp2file constructor where an exception would occur if handed an inifile object with no comments. If that's the problem, the next build will fix it.

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I think I have an idea of the problem here and have a fix ready. Does your custom.ini have a "; version " string? or any ini comments (lines that start with ; ) at all? If not, try adding one and see if it works. I found a spot in the winapp2file constructor where an exception would occur if handed an inifile object with no comments. If that's the problem, the next build will fix it.

I added a ; Version by Tom comment line and the MERGE worked perfectly.  I MERGEd, TRIMmed, WINAPPDEBUGged, and CCINIDEBUGged all in one round.....everything ran exactly as designed.  So your "idea" as to what can cause the exception is correct.  

Modified entry:  [PDF-XChange Viewer *]

Added FileKey1

[PDF-XChange Viewer *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\PDFViewer
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Tracker Software\TrackerUpdate|TrackerUpdate.exe.del
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Tracker Software\LiveUpdate\Updates|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\PDFViewer\Documents\LastOpened
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\PDFViewer\Documents\LatestView\Bars
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\PDFViewer\Documents\LatestView\Panes

New entry:  [PDF-XChange Editor *]

[PDF-XChange Editor *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Tracker Software\Update|TrackerUpdate.exe.del

Merge error in Winapp2ool.exe

Attached is a pic that shows that the Merge process in Winapp2ool.exe is clipping off lines at the end of the Merge txt.  This is 100% repeatable on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems.  

MergeError.png

On 3/15/2018 at 01:21, siliconman01 said:

Merge error in Winapp2ool.exe

Attached is a pic that shows that the Merge process in Winapp2ool.exe is clipping off lines at the end of the Merge txt.  This is 100% repeatable on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems.  

MergeError.png

Merge has had its underlying behaviors changed since you posted this (namely how it handles sections with duplicate names between ini files) so I'll have to ask that you test with the newest build when its posted (hopefully tonight!) and see if this issue persists!

winapp2ool.exe has been updated

Something not listed in the changes on the commit (pasted below) is that the application should no longer crash when you hand it an ini with no ; version string in it. :)

I posted about the command line arguments here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/200

New: Merge Modes - Merge now has 2 behaviors for dealing with duplicate section names in the two ini files it's merging. The default is Replace & Add, which will replace any sections in the first ini with the section of the same name from the second ini. The other mode will remove any sections with the same names. Enjoy! 

New: Preliminary support for command line arguments. I'll post a list of these somewhere that isn't this commit message soon. Added basic support for loading winapp2ool with arguments to automate certain tasks. This feature is not fool proof yet (ie. if you try to break it, it will probably break) and for lacking of testing, not necessarily use proof yet either. For this functionality to work, most of the initialization for the modules was rewritten, so most of my testing so far has been to make sure the modules still work for testing the automation (though if the module works then in theory handing it valid command line args should work just as well) 

CCiniDebug was rewritten to a degree. The prompt to save ccleaner.ini has been removed, and it instead automatically saves its changes back to ccleaner.ini.

The prompt to save diff.txt has been removed. It is now available as a menu level toggle instead.

[/spoiler]

56 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

winapp2ool.exe has been updated

Something not listed in the changes on the commit (pasted below) is that the application should no longer crash when you hand it an ini with no ; version string in it. :)

I posted about the command line arguments here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/200

Reveal hidden contents

New: Merge Modes - Merge now has 2 behaviors for dealing with duplicate section names in the two ini files it's merging. The default is Replace & Add, which will replace any sections in the first ini with the section of the same name from the second ini. The other mode will remove any sections with the same names. Enjoy! 

New: Preliminary support for command line arguments. I'll post a list of these somewhere that isn't this commit message soon. Added basic support for loading winapp2ool with arguments to automate certain tasks. This feature is not fool proof yet (ie. if you try to break it, it will probably break) and for lacking of testing, not necessarily use proof yet either. For this functionality to work, most of the initialization for the modules was rewritten, so most of my testing so far has been to make sure the modules still work for testing the automation (though if the module works then in theory handing it valid command line args should work just as well) 

CCiniDebug was rewritten to a degree. The prompt to save ccleaner.ini has been removed, and it instead automatically saves its changes back to ccleaner.ini.

The prompt to save diff.txt has been removed. It is now available as a menu level toggle instead.

[/spoiler]

The new version appears to have corrected the clipping issue.  Have not encountered any issues or failures in the new version thus far (Download, Merge, Trim, cciniDebug, WinappDebug, Exist used/tested).

for [CutePDF Writer*] in Winapp2.ini, there was an typo in the Detect preventing it from detecting which I have corrected below.  Also I added FileKey1.  CutePDF makes tmp files in that folder and normally deletes them when the PDF has been saved, but occasionally the files can be left behind.

[CutePDF Writer *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Acro Software Inc\CPW
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Acro Software Inc\CPW|Filename
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Acro Software Inc\CPW|Title
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\CutePDF Writer|*.tmp

I'd like to suggest an addition to [VLC Media Player *].  There are sometimes leftover zero byte .tmp???? files (???? being some number) here so i've added the removal of ml.xspf.tmp* to FileKey1.

[VLC Media Player *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\VideoLAN\VLC
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\vlc|*.cache-3;ml.xspf.tmp*

On 3/23/2018 at 11:15, Winapp2.ini said:

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/226#issuecomment-376043221

I updated this post with a small proof of concept tool. If anyone would be interested in maintaining a languages.ini meta file please let me know.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:15, Winapp2.ini said:

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/226#issuecomment-376043221

I updated this post with a small proof of concept tool. If anyone would be interested in maintaining a languages.ini meta file please let me know.

I am pleased to announce the first introduction of Winapp3. This file will be for aggressive/dangerous entries that do not make it in Winapp2. Currently, this is a very early beta build of an old Winsys.ini file I recovered that I have modified slightly to include a header, version number, # of entries, and removed all the old comments that are unneeded.

The file is very unpredictable at it's current state since it is quite old, but I will be improving it over time. It is very possible that this file can nuke peoples systems, so use with extreme caution. DO NOT use this file if you do not know what you are doing and you know how to back up and restore your system.

The first step would be to rename Winapp3 to Winapp2 so it runs on CCleaner (if you don't know how to do this step, then you probably shouldn't be using this file at all). All of this is pretty clear in the header, too.

So with all that said, here it is: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/master/Winapp3/Beta/Winapp3.ini

Ultimately, this is also where cleaning of useless language files will be put, too.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity