Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
Winapp2.ini

Winapp2.ini additions

Recommended Posts

Suggestion for [Internet Explorer *]:

The entry doesn't include the following FileKey anymore:
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache|*.*|RECURSE

But the folder "WebCache" is still used. Shouldn't we add the FileKey back to the entry?
(The folder is a hidden system folder.)

Edit: The folder "WebCache" is covered by CCleaner! CCleaner cleans the database, therefore removing the files is not necessary anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Added: RegKey1

[CD/DVD Burn Cache *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning
Default=False
Warning=This will wipe all files that are waiting to be burned to a CD/DVD/BD drive.
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\CD Burning|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Burn|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\StagingInfo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be helpful and more actionable for contributions to be submitted as PRs on GitHub :)

Not a requirement, but it'd be easier to keep discussions about particular entries together instead of spread out over the course of several forums pages. Either way, thanks for all the hard work folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modified:

[DriverPack Solution *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\drpsu
Default=False
Warning=This will delete your bug report. Use this only if you know what you are doing.
FileKey1=%AppData%\DRPSu\Logs|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\DRPSu\snapshots|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\DRPSu\temp|*.*
FileKey4=%Documents%\DRP-Log|*.*
FileKey5=%WinDir%\Logs\DRPLog|*.png;*.txt
FileKey6=%WinDir%\Logs\SysInfo|*.*

 

Added: FileKey1, FileKey2, FileKey3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 10:24, patrickdrd said:

I would love lang files cleaning,

Unfortunately deleting lang files can break some programs, i.e.; in some they may show a pop-up error dialog about missing files, and some others they won't run at all.

It's one of those things that if I'm about to delete a bunch of lang files in a program I ZIP them first, then delete them manually and see what happens. If all goes well I add them into my winapp2.ini file, but I never submit them on here because someone using a non-English lang version of a program may need those lang files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ProPaan said:

Modified:

[DriverPack Solution *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\drpsu
Default=False
Warning=This will delete your bug report. Use this only if you know what you are doing.
FileKey1=%AppData%\DRPSu\Logs|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\DRPSu\snapshots|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\DRPSu\temp|*.*
FileKey4=%Documents%\DRP-Log|*.*
FileKey5=%WinDir%\Logs\DRPLog|*.png;*.txt
FileKey6=%WinDir%\Logs\SysInfo|*.*

 

Added: FileKey1, FileKey2, FileKey3

How about changing the warning to "This will delete the bug report."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 05:22, Andavari said:

Unfortunately deleting lang files can break some programs, i.e.; in some they may show a pop-up error dialog about missing files, and some others they won't run at all.

It's one of those things that if I'm about to delete a bunch of lang files in a program I ZIP them first, then delete them manually and see what happens. If all goes well I add them into my winapp2.ini file, but I never submit them on here because someone using a non-English lang version of a program may need those lang files.

I completely agree with you. It is dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest adding a warning into this entry.

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
Warning=This will reset folders size, view, icon or position settings to default and remove traces of the folders that do not exist anymore.
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
ExcludeKey1=REG|HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders
ExcludeKey2=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop
ExcludeKey3=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders
ExcludeKey4=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\1\Desktop
ExcludeKey5=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a period at the end of the warnings.

[Web Data *]
Warning=This will remove Autofill, Autocomplete, Search Engines keyword, Sign-in and Credit Card info.

[OpenDNS Updater *]
Warning=You must exit OpenDNS Updater in the System Tray to clear log files.

[Pando *]
Warning=Make sure Pando is totally shut down before using this.

[SoftEther VPN *]
Warning=Exclude installer.cache if you're using SoftEther VPN Client Web Installer.

[TortoiseSVN History *]
Warning=This will remove your repo paths and last checkout location.

[X-Chat 2 *]
Warning=This removes Chat Scrollback and Logs.


Removed "These files are retrieved from CCDump.exe" from the warning. The entry's name explains itself.

[CCDump *]
Warning=This removes files winapp.ini, winsys.ini, winreg.ini and regkeys.output.txt from the CCleaner folder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest merging [Saved Search Folders *] into [MS Search *]. There is no need to have a warning. There is no harm deletig .search-ms files. It basically clears the search traces.

https://www.lifewire.com/search-ms-file-2622249

[MS Search *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows|Windows.edb
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\PropMap|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\SecStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%UserProfile%\Searches|*.search-ms
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows|Windows.edb
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\PropMap|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\SecStore|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\VolumeInfoCache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaced REMOVESELF with RECURSE at the end of FileKey2 and FileKey4.

[Active@ Disk Image *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\LSoft Technologies\Active Disk Image
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\LSoft Technologies\Active@ Disk Image|*.txt
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\LSoft Technologies\Active@ Disk Image\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ Disk Image|*.txt
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ Disk Image\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These entries should be removed. We don't need to remove someones saved disk images, recovered data or saved sessions and disabling a program automatically starting with Windows.

[Active@ UNDELETE Images *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9F0B916A-F7DD-4335-923E-397979C6AE1B}_is1
Default=False
Warning=This will delete all saved disk images.
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\LSoft Technologies\Active@ UNDELETE*\disk_images|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ UNDELETE*\disk_images|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Active@ UNDELETE Recovered Files *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9F0B916A-F7DD-4335-923E-397979C6AE1B}_is1
Default=False
Warning=This will delete all recovered data.
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\LSoft Technologies\Active@ UNDELETE*\recovered|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ UNDELETE*\recovered|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Active@ UNDELETE Sessions *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9F0B916A-F7DD-4335-923E-397979C6AE1B}_is1
Default=False
Warning=This will delete all saved sessions.
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\LSoft Technologies\Active@ UNDELETE*|*.usf|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ UNDELETE*|*.usf|RECURSE

[Kodak AiO Software Disable Startup *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Eastman Kodak Company\KODAK AiO Home Center
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Kodak\Kodak AiO Software
Default=False
Warning=Disables the Kodak AiO Software from automatically starting with Windows. Every time you print, it will re-enable itself to start with Windows.
RegKey1=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|EKAIO2StatusMonitor
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|EKStatusMonitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have spent lots of time checking the entries with REMOVESELF. REMOVESELF in the entries listed below should stay, REMOVESELF in the rest of the entries should be replaced with RECURSE.

[Nightly Backups *]
[.NET Framework *]
[Ableton Live Suite *]
[Ace Stream *]
[Active Setup Temp Folder *]
[Anvisoft Cloud System Booster *]
[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition *]
[CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner *]
[CNET Tech Tracker *]
[ComboFix *]
[CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 *]
[CyberLink Install Files *]
[CyberLink Power2Go *]
[Dell Installation Files *]
[Driver Installation Files *]
[DVD-Ranger *]
[dvdcss *]
[EndNote X6 *]
[ESET *]
[Euro Truck Simulator Profile Backups *]
[Farming Simulator *]
[Galaxy *]
[Galaxy Cache *]
[GEAR DIFx Installers *]
[Google Earth *]
[HP Drive Key Boot Utility *]
[HP Installation Files *]
[HP MediaSmart Photo *]
[InnoTab *]
[Jagex Cache *]
[Java *]
[Java Setup Files *]
[Join.Me Install Backups *]
[Lenovo SWTOOLS *]
[LibreOffice *]
[MAGIX Driver Downloads *]
[MS Visual Studio Caches *]
[Nokia Software Updater *]
[Notepad++ *]
[OpenMG CD Backups *]
[Pet Pals Animal Doctor *]
[Quicken *]
[Sprint Hero RUU Installer *]
[SysTracer *]
[Teeworlds *]
[Teeworlds Downloads / Maps *]
[The Dream Machine *]
[TVersity *]
[Ubisoft Game Launcher Installers *]
[UsbFix *]
[VMware Workstation *]
[Western Digital SmartWare *]
[Windows Installer *]
[Windows Live Messenger Setup Files *]
[Windows Logs *]
[Windows Retail Demo *]
[Wondershare MobileGo *]
[Wondershare SafeEraser *]
[XPort 360 *]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SMalik said:

I have spent lots of time checking the entries with REMOVESELF. REMOVESELF in the entries listed below should stay, REMOVESELF in the rest of the entries should be replaced with RECURSE.

[Nightly Backups *]
[.NET Framework *]
[Ableton Live Suite *]
[Ace Stream *]
[Active Setup Temp Folder *]
[Anvisoft Cloud System Booster *]
[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition *]
[CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner *]
[CNET Tech Tracker *]
[ComboFix *]
[CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 *]
[CyberLink Install Files *]
[CyberLink Power2Go *]
[Dell Installation Files *]
[Driver Installation Files *]
[DVD-Ranger *]
[dvdcss *]
[EndNote X6 *]
[ESET *]
[Euro Truck Simulator Profile Backups *]
[Farming Simulator *]
[Galaxy *]
[Galaxy Cache *]
[GEAR DIFx Installers *]
[Google Earth *]
[HP Drive Key Boot Utility *]
[HP Installation Files *]
[HP MediaSmart Photo *]
[InnoTab *]
[Jagex Cache *]
[Java *]
[Java Setup Files *]
[Join.Me Install Backups *]
[Lenovo SWTOOLS *]
[LibreOffice *]
[MAGIX Driver Downloads *]
[MS Visual Studio Caches *]
[Nokia Software Updater *]
[Notepad++ *]
[OpenMG CD Backups *]
[Pet Pals Animal Doctor *]
[Quicken *]
[Sprint Hero RUU Installer *]
[SysTracer *]
[Teeworlds *]
[Teeworlds Downloads / Maps *]
[The Dream Machine *]
[TVersity *]
[Ubisoft Game Launcher Installers *]
[UsbFix *]
[VMware Workstation *]
[Western Digital SmartWare *]
[Windows Installer *]
[Windows Live Messenger Setup Files *]
[Windows Logs *]
[Windows Retail Demo *]
[Wondershare MobileGo *]
[Wondershare SafeEraser *]
[XPort 360 *]

Won't this leave a lot of empty folders on user's drives ?  For example in [AVG *] 

FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Avg\AV\SetupBackup|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey14=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey17=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Won't this leave a lot of empty folders on user's drives ?  For example in [AVG *] 

FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Avg\AV\SetupBackup|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey14=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey17=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

 

I have worked very carefully sorting out the entries. I might have overlooked a few.

Does it make sense to remove "Application Cache" directories from this entry?

[Chrome Application Cache *]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Chromium
Detect2=HKCU\Software\SuperBird
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect4=HKCU\Software\Vivaldi
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Brave\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chrome Plus\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Flock\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Rockmelt\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\SRWare Iron\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Torch\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\User Data\*\Application Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 07:25, SMalik said:

These entries should be removed. We don't need to remove someones saved disk images, recovered data or saved sessions and disabling a program automatically starting with Windows.

[Kodak AiO Software Disable Startup *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Eastman Kodak Company\KODAK AiO Home Center
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Kodak\Kodak AiO Software
Default=False
Warning=Disables the Kodak AiO Software from automatically starting with Windows. Every time you print, it will re-enable itself to start with Windows.
RegKey1=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|EKAIO2StatusMonitor
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|EKStatusMonitor

I remember a user requested this entry due to a bug in the program that prevented them from disabling the auto start, which is specified in the warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2018 at 18:44, Winapp2.ini said:

It would be helpful and more actionable for contributions to be submitted as PRs on GitHub :)

Not a requirement, but it'd be easier to keep discussions about particular entries together instead of spread out over the course of several forums pages. Either way, thanks for all the hard work folks!

It would be helpful if new winapp2 releases had the changes posted here, as they used to be, so individual new entries can be copy pasted to a users own file, which can't be (simply) done from the Github change list. Not a requirement, but it'd be easier ;):P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JDPower said:

It would be helpful if new winapp2 releases had the changes posted here, as they used to be, so individual new entries can be copy pasted to a users own file, which can't be (simply) done from the Github change list. Not a requirement, but it'd be easier ;):P

see

2 hours ago, ROCKNROLL said:

I think the commit log does a much better job of tracking the changes than I ever did with changes.txt :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

see

I think the commit log does a much better job of tracking the changes than I ever did with changes.txt :lol:

That may be true, but my point was you can't easily copy and paste the entries from Git update page. Unless I'm missing something, you copy and paste, then have to delete a load of plus signs, minus signs, removed lines, leading spaces. Then hope you've not accidentally screwed up the entry in the process lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JDPower said:

That may be true, but my point was you can't easily copy and paste the entries from Git update page. Unless I'm missing something, you copy and paste, then have to delete a load of plus signs, minus signs, removed lines, leading spaces. Then hope you've not accidentally screwed up the entry in the process lol

https://github.com/sindresorhus/refined-github
 

this browser extension removes diff markup from the copy/paste

with the addon:

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Torch\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\*\Installer|*.7z

 


without:
 

	+FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
	+FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Torch\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
	+FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
	+FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
	+FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\*\Installer|*.7z	
	

 

Longer term though, I have plans to redesign the current ini tools to use an object model that would be much more compatible with producing a tool that output diff of the sort that would include only the changed state of the modified entries. The way I've been approaching winappdebug (for example) is iterative based on an existing design provided by Shane that reads the files line-by-line, which doesn't lend itself well to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Added: %AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport2\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

[Adobe Elements Organizer *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog|face.thumb.9.cache;thumb.5.cache
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\WaldoData|waldo.cache
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\Watch Folder|*.txt;*.xml
FileKey4=%AppData%\Adobe\amecommand\6.0|Plugin Loading.log
FileKey5=%AppData%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\*\Organizer|*.txt;status.dat
FileKey6=%AppData%\Adobe\Elements Smart Tag Agent\*\Logs|*.log
FileKey7=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport2\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer\11.0\CurrentMediaFilePath
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer\12.0\CurrentMediaFilePath
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer\13.0\CurrentMediaFilePath
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer\14.0\CurrentMediaFilePath
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Elements Organizer\15.0\CurrentMediaFilePath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...