Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

10 hours ago, SMalik said:

You forgot to remove 'More' from [StarCraft II More *] entry.

There is already a StarCraft II * entry (and it does something different enough from More * that I think they should be kept separate)

If you have a better name suggestion though I will change it to that.

4 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

I have "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/master/Winapp2.ini"

to get the master winapp2.ini but if the brached winapp2.ini in good form so I can get it from what web address please?

You can find it here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/MoscaDotTo-patch-1/Winapp2.ini

but it will be merged soon into the master branch

Modified entry:  [Samsung Magician *]

Added RegKey1

[Samsung Magician *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\Samsung Magician
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Log*|*.*
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Log*|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications

I discovered that Samsung Magician is causing the regeneration of the HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications key on my systems.  Therefore I added RegKey1 to Samsung Magician.  Below is the registry export of this key.   I see [SetRegistryKeys Leftovers *] is no longer included in Winapp2.ini.  I do suspect that other third party programs that users may install also set this key, but SM is the only one I have on my system (that I have identified thus far).  

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician\Settings]

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

5 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

There is already a StarCraft II * entry (and it does something different enough from More * that I think they should be kept separate)

If you have a better name suggestion though I will change it to that.

You can find it here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/MoscaDotTo-patch-1/Winapp2.ini

I suggest something with media eg.

usermedia or capturemedia

or

userfiles

greets

8 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I think it might be a good idea to insert about line 704 that it's the start of non-browser entries.....  Going to try that winapp2 later today...

That link gets the file as a web page - is there a link to get it as a text file?

Note: the link is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/MoscaDotTo-patch-1/Winapp2.ini

6 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Added RegKey1

[Samsung Magician *]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Log*|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications

I discovered that Samsung Magician is causing the regeneration of the HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications key on my systems.  Therefore I added RegKey1 to Samsung Magician.  Below is the registry export of this key.   I see [SetRegistryKeys Leftovers *] is no longer included in Winapp2.ini.  I do suspect that other third party programs that users may install also set this key, but SM is the only one I have on my system (that I have identified thus far).  

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician\Settings]

I googled that key and it seems largely related to PUPs in general (at least, forums posts about it seem related to PUPs

It might be better to target specifically the Magician key for this reason.

I think RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician

would be more appropriate here

54 minutes ago, CSGalloway said:

I think it might be a good idea to insert about line 704 that it's the start of non-browser entries.....  Going to try that winapp2 later today...

That link gets the file as a web page - is there a link to get it as a text file?

Note: the link is:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/MoscaDotTo-patch-1/Winapp2.ini

Just remember that that link is transient and will not remain up-to-date with the master, and can be destroyed at any time. That branch is my patch branch where changes I make to winapp2.ini wait until they're merged into the public release.

RegKey1 modified per your recommendation.

[Samsung Magician *]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

2 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

Thoughts on deleting "C:\Users\Galloway\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\yfqe01c0.default\ShutdownDuration.json.tmp" ?

I would imagine this to be part of Firefox telemetry

[Telemetry *]
LangSecRef=3026
SpecialDetect=DET_MOZILLA
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mozilla\FireFox\Profiles\*|Telemetry*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\datareporting\archived|*.jsonlz4|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%AppData%\Mozilla\FireFox\Profiles\*\saved-telemetry-pings|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*|ShutdownDuration.*

should work

7 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I googled that key and it seems largely related to PUPs in general (at least, forums posts about it seem related to PUPs

It might be better to target specifically the Magician key for this reason.

I think RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\SamsungMagician

would be more appropriate here

Just remember that that link is transient and will not remain up-to-date with the master, and can be destroyed at any time. That branch is my patch branch where changes I make to winapp2.ini wait until they're merged into the public release.

Someone associated “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications” with Windows before. Some people do not do any testing before posting entries here. We should be extra careful. We should also be careful when we see an entry’s FileKey’s pointing to %ProgramFiles%\ because some people provide entries that remove program’s help, manual, eula and url files as we recently fixed some of those entries.

[SetRegistryKey Leftovers*] was added back on 1-Dec-2013 ;)

Please note the explanation for the justification of this new entry back then.

13 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

The whole first post needs to be updated, to be honest, especially the " How to make your own Winapp2.ini entry" part. We are missing some variables and langsecref.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

20 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

That explanation does suit it better. I think including it even as a volatile entry is fine as there's no expectation that this key exists under normal circumstances (based on that the original contributor said in their email)

I think the entry listed below should be removed. It deletes files you purposely save.

[StarCraft II More *]
Section=Games
Detect=HKLM\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II
Default=False
Warning=This will delete all of your image uploads, replays, and screenshots.
FileKey1=%Documents%\StarCraft II\ImageUploads|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%Documents%\StarCraft II\Replays|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%Documents%\StarCraft II\Screenshots|*.*|RECURSE

On 12/26/2017 at 14:29, CSGalloway said:

I do not have ACDSee Pro but have ACDSee 6.0 Standard yet Pro also shows.  Can the DETECT* be fixed for PRO please.....  ??

After contacting ACDSee support - here is what they said.......

Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply
Charles Galloway
Subject: telling acdsee 6.x and acdsee pro apart
JAN 02, 2018  |  07:43AM PST
Dario replied:
Hello again,

As an example for ACDSee standard 2018 ( version 21) it's:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Standard\210

For Pro 9

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90

Regards
Dario
DEC 29, 2017  |  06:24PM PST
Charles replied:
What can I test for in the windows registry to see that the end user has
ACDSee Pro please?

http://www.facebook.com/CSGalloway
DEC 28, 2017  |  03:33PM PST
Dario replied:
Dear Charles Galloway,

Thank you for contacting ACD Systems Customer Support.

I am not sure to understand your question...can you please re-phrase just a bit...Thank you.

To continue this correspondence, please just hit "reply" to this email.

Regards,
Dario - ACD Customer Care Team

ACD Systems International Inc.

http://www.acdsee.com
http://www.acdsee.com/en/support/policy
http://www.acdsee.com/en/privacy-policy

This message and any attachments are confidential, privileged or proprietary in nature, for the use of the intended recipient only; your receipt is not a waiver and does not grant any rights. If you are not the intended recipient any review, dissemination,distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited; please delete it and notify the sender immediately
DEC 27, 2017  |  07:20PM PST
Original message
Charles wrote:

I am trying to come up with a rule for when ACDSee Pro is installed; I have ACDSee 6.03 and know it uses HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee 6.0 but trying to locate one I don't have after installing 6.03 that exists for PRO installers please.....
This message was sent to [omit email address] in reference to Case #: 207467.
[[c5bf2119f3905ee3dcad18865b806b8c29608a6e-1109781179]]

Edited by CSGalloway
Remove email address

I think this should be removed.

[ACDSee Standard Database *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee
Detect2=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Standard
Default=False
Warning=This will remove the Database information, use with caution.
FileKey1=%AppData%\ACD Systems\Catalogs\Default|*.*

Revised Entry

Changed name from [ACDSee Standard Registry *] to [ACDSee Standard *].

Changed LangSecRef=3021 to LangSecRef=3023

Removed:
Detect1=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee
Detect2=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Standard
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistMCFDestFolder
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistPaths
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|LastOptionPageName
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|OpenFolder
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ContactSheetFN
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ImageMapFN

Added:
Detect=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60
%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\ICMCache|*.*|RECURSE
%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\SavedSearches|*.*|RECURSE

[ACDSee Standard *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\ICMCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\SavedSearches|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistMCFDestFolder
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistPaths
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|LastOptionPageName
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|OpenFolder
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ContactSheetFN
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ImageMapFN

Revised Entry

Changed LangSecRef=3021 to LangSecRef=3023

Removed:
Detect=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro
%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\Catalogs\*Pro\Default|*.*

Added:
RegKey1 thru RegKey6

[ACDSee Pro *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\ICMCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\SavedSearches|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90|HistMCFDestFolder
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90|HistPaths
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90|LastOptionPageName
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90|OpenFolder
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ContactSheetFN
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro\90\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ImageMapFN

Revised Entry

Changed name from [Adobe Photoshop *] to [Adobe Photoshop 5.5 *]
Changed Detect from HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop to HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5
Changed LangSecRef from 3021 to 3023

[Adobe Photoshop 5.5 *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop*\Generator\logs|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Bridge*\Cache\Thumbnails|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%AppData%\Adobe\FileBrowser\PhotoshopCS|*.*
FileKey5=%AppData%\Adobe\Photoshop Album\*.*|Logse*.txt
FileKey6=%Pictures%|.BridgeSort|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5\VisitedDirs

Revised Entry

Removed:
RegKey1=HKU\S-1-5-21-1409082233-152049171-725345543-500\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes|Path0
RegKey2=HKU\S-1-5-21-1409082233-152049171-725345543-500\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes|Path1
RegKey3=HKU\S-1-5-21-1409082233-152049171-725345543-500\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes|Path2

Added:
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes|Path0
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes|Path1
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes|Path2

[K-Lite Codec Pack *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\KLCodecPack
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*klcp_itp_*.tmp;*klcp_iph_*.tmp
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\K-Lite*|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey3=%UserProfile%\Desktop|klcp_codec_log.txt
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\K-Lite*|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE