Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I don't have this, but it is still showing up. It definitely needs a Detect.

Revised Entry

Added: Detect=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications

[SetRegistryKey Leftovers *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications

It's worrying to allow countless modifications via the registry by un-trusted members. Now just after a few posts the bat files, how can i say this....s**t :/

Regardless of not pinpointing said posts, that the admins will allow any member to post such files. It's almost like there is NO level of responsibility. Any member can post whatever code like they are a pro.

Come on piriform mods. You should no better, least take a level of professionalism when regarding Registry changes :/ 

One of my teachers was a mod from here in the Malware section. That's actually how far back iv watched this forum. 8/9 years ago the malware section was closed here. Bleepingcomputer, geekstogo and so on. Malware & registry changes can only be made by qualified members. :/

Revised Entry

Added:
%Public%\WinTV\Installation Log|*.*|RECURSE
%Public%\WinTV\Logs|*.log;*.txt

[Hauppauge WinTV *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Hauppauge
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|hcwDriverInstall.txt
FileKey2=%Public%\WinTV|Settings-old.xml
FileKey3=%Public%\WinTV\Channel Database|hcwChanDB_5-lastgood.mdb
FileKey4=%Public%\WinTV\Installation Log|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%Public%\WinTV\Logs\minidump|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%Public%\WinTV\Logs|*.log;*.txt

32 minutes ago, gavsta said:

It's worrying to allow countless modifications via the registry by un-trusted members. Now just after a few posts the bat files, how can i say this....s**t :/

Regardless of not pinpointing said posts, that the admins will allow any member to post such files. It's almost like there is NO level of responsibility. Any member can post whatever code like they are a pro.

Come on piriform mods. You should no better, least take a level of professionalism when regarding Registry changes :/ 

27 minutes ago, gavsta said:

One of my teachers was a mod from here in the Malware section. That's actually how far back iv watched this forum. 8/9 years ago the malware section was closed here. Bleepingcomputer, geekstogo and so on. Malware & registry changes can only be made by qualified members. :/

Nothing in this thread is endorsed or supported by Piriform and they claim no liability for any damages resulting from the use of winapp2.ini

That being said, all modifications made to the registry through winapp2.ini are exclusively deletions. If you find an entry whose contents damage an application or Windows, you are welcome to point it out. The purpose of this thread and the GitHub review process is to ensure that nothing damaging makes it into the public release.

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Is there no possible way to make this entry non volatile?

Please ask siliconman01, who provided this entry. I have checked a Windows 7 system and there is no such path there. I have also checked a Windows 10 system and there is no such path there either.

Revised Entries

Removed:
*.pdf extension from the %ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ KillDisk*|

[Active@ KillDisk *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{0F62EFB8-3C1C-4EE6-B6EF-9593007F9B03}_is1
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\LSoft Technologies\Active@ KillDisk*|*.log;*.xml
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\LSoft Technologies\Active@ KillDisk*|*.log;*.xml

Removed:
%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\RFA *|*.diz;*.url
%ProgramFiles%\RFA *|*.diz;*.url

[Registry First Aid *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\KsL Software\RFA
Default=False
FileKey1=%UserProfile%|NTUSER.tmp;UsrClass.tmp
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows|NTUSER.tmp;UsrClass.tmp
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\*Service|*.tmp;*.tmp.LOG1;*.tmp.LOG2
FileKey4=%WinDir%\System32\config|*.tmp;*.tmp.LOG1;*.tmp.LOG2
FileKey5=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile|*.tmp;*.tmp.LOG1;*.tmp.LOG2
FileKey6=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile|*.tmp;*.tmp.LOG1;*.tmp.LOG2

Removed:
*.diz;*.htm;*.GID;*.url extensions from the %ProgramFiles%\RegVac Registry Cleaner|*.xml

[RegVac Registry Cleaner *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\RegVac Registry Cleaner
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\RegVac Registry Cleaner|*.xml
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\RegVac Registry Cleaner|*.xml

Please remove the entry it deletes program related url's only

[Privacy Eraser *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\PrivacyEraser Computing, Inc.
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\PrivacyEraser Computing\Privacy Eraser*|*.url
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\PrivacyEraser Computing\Privacy Eraser*|*.url

Please remove "More" from the end of the entries listed below.

[Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate More *]

[AOL More *]

[Opera More *]

[StarCraft II More *]

[SUPERAntiSpyware More *]

[Twitter Metro More *]

[UltraEdit More *]

[UltraISO More *]

[uTorrent More *]

[Vuze More *]

[Winamp More *]

Based on your most recent removals, I assume some changes may need to be made to these entries?

[USB Safely Remove *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\SafelyRemove
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\USBSafelyRemove|*.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\USBSRService|*.txt
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\USB Safely Remove|*.DIZ;*.rtf;*.url
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\USB Safely Remove|*.DIZ;*.rtf;*.url

[Santa's Rampage *]
Section=Games
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage|*.diz;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url;dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\Redist|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\UDKGame\Logs|*.*|REMOVESELF
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\UDKGame\CookedPC\|Manifest.txt
ExcludeKey2=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\Binaries\Win32\|*.*
ExcludeKey3=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\Binaries\Win64\|*.*
ExcludeKey4=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\UDKGame\Script\|*.*

[Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm *]
Section=Games
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm1.1
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Adventure - Candy Stormv1.3
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Argali|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm|*.nfo;*.txt
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Foxy Games\Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm|*.html;*.msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm|*.nfo;*.txt
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Foxy Games\Christmas Adventure - Candy Storm|*.html;*.msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url

[Christmas Griddlers 2014 *]
Section=Games
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Griddlers 20141.1
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\*\Christmas Griddlers*|*.ico;*.html;*msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Christmas Griddlers*|*.ico;*.html;*msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\*\Christmas Griddlers*|*.ico;*.html;*msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Christmas Griddlers*|*.ico;*.html;*msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
	[Christmas Wonderland *]
Section=Games
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Wonderland 2
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Wonderland 3 1.0
Detect3=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Wonderland 4 1.0.4
Detect4=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Wonderland 21.0
Detect5=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Wonderland 31.0
Detect6=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Christmas Wonderland 41.1
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Christmas Wonderland 3|*.nfo;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Christmas Wonderland 4|*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Foxy Games\Christmas Wonderland 2|*.url
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Foxy Games\Christmas Wonderland 3|*html
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Foxy Games\Christmas Wonderland 4|*html;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\Christmas Wonderland 3|*.nfo;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Christmas Wonderland 4|*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey8=%ProgramFiles%\Foxy Games\Christmas Wonderland 2|*.url
FileKey9=%ProgramFiles%\Foxy Games\Christmas Wonderland 3|*html
FileKey10=%ProgramFiles%\Foxy Games\Christmas Wonderland 4|*html;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey11=%SystemDrive%\Games\Christmas Wonderland 3|*.nfo;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey12=%SystemDrive%\Games\Christmas Wonderland 4|*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
	[Gardens Inc. 2 - The Road to Fame *]
Section=Games
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BBB8E5A9-EE43-491D-9A2D-84172C3C9384}_is1
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\*\Gardens Inc. 2*|*.html;*.nfo;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\*\Gardens Inc. 2*|*.ico;*.html;*msi;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
	[HyperSnap 7 *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Hyperionics\HyperSnap 7
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\HyperSnap 7|*.url
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Hyperionics\HyperSnap 7\Recent File List|
	[Microsoft Flight Simulator X *]
Section=Games
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X|*.log;*.rtf;*.html;*.URL
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules|*.log
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X|*.log;*.rtf;*.html;*.URL
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules|*.log
ExcludeKey1=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\|*kiosk.rtf;*readme.rtf;*Readme.htm
	[My Riding Stables *]
Section=Games
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyRidingStables
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\My Riding Stables*|*.txt;*.url
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\My Riding Stables*|*.txt;*.url

[Radialix 2 *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Radialix
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Radialix 2|*diz;*.txt;*.url
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Radialix 2|*diz;*.txt;*.url
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Radialix 2\Tools\UPX|COPYING;LICENSE
	[TVersity *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\TVersity\Media Server
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\TVersity Codec Pack|*.exe;*.url
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\TVersity\Media Server\logs|*.log;*.txt;*.xml;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\TVersity Codec Pack|*.exe;*.url
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\TVersity\Media Server|*.rtf;*.url;*TVersityCodecPackSetup*
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\TVersity\Media Server\logs|*.log;*.txt;*.xml;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey6=%WinDir%\System32|tversity.cookies;TVersityMediaServer.log;*.1;*.2;*.3
FileKey7=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\TVersity Media Server|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey8=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp\TVersity Media Server|*.*|REMOVESELF
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\TVersity Codec Pack\|uninst.exe
ExcludeKey2=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\TVersity\Media Server\|*version.txt;*HOWTO Share Media.txt

I can confirm that *.diz, *.GID, *.htm, *.pdf, *.url extensions that I suggested to be removed from  [Active@ KillDisk *], [Registry First Aid *]  and [RegVac Registry Cleaner *] are part of these programs.

On 12/27/2017 at 18:23, SMalik said:

Revised Entry

Added:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
ExcludeKey1=REG|HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell
ExcludeKey2=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell

This change needs to be reversed.  It causes the desktop icons to relocate to their default positions on system reboot.  This is highly undesirable if the system user has intentionally relocated icons on the desktop.  For example, I have my Recycle Bin located on the lower center of my primary monitor.  The new entries in Shellbags causes it to be relocated to the top left corner of the monitor on system reboot.

Modified entry:  [Windows Shellbags *]

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
ExcludeKey1=REG|HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell
ExcludeKey2=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

11 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

This change needs to be reversed.  It causes the desktop icons to relocate to their default positions on system reboot.  This is highly undesirable if the system user has intentionally relocated icons on the desktop.  For example, I have my Recycle Bin located on the lower center of my primary monitor.  The new entries in Shellbags causes it to be relocated to the top left corner of the monitor on system reboot.

Modified entry:  [Windows Shellbags *]

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

This is a default behavior. This entry was already there. I just made it compatible with Windows 7 and later. All known privacy cleaner programs remove all of these paths. People who have issues with this entry can use the custom entry listed below or we can just adopt this one.

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
ExcludeKey2=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop
ExcludeKey3=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\1\Desktop
ExcludeKey4=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell

44 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Inserting a second space before the * seems to work

[Internet Explorer  *]

vs

[Internet Explorer *]

This is working. Please take a look at the [Windows ShellBags *] entry and see if you need to modify it. I have posted a modified entry above.

8 hours ago, SMalik said:

This is working. Please take a look at the [Windows ShellBags *] entry and see if you need to modify it. I have posted a modified entry above.

Your revised Shellbags entry does work fine on my systems.  It is much more desirable than setting the desktop icons back to default locations just for the sake of cleaning out a few registry keys.    I recommend that the modified version be used as the standard in Winapp2.ini

Edited by siliconman01
added recommendation

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Revised Entry

Added: %CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows Error Reporting *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\PCHealth\ErrorRep\QSignoff|*.*
FileKey3=%WinDir%\pchealth\ERRORREP|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps|*.dmp
FileKey5=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\CrashDumps|*.dmp
FileKey6=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps|*.dmp
FileKey7=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\CrashDumps|*.dmp
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Debug|StoreLocation
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Debug|StoreLocation
RegKey3=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\FullLiveKernelReports|LastFullLiveReport
RegKey4=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\FullLiveKernelReports\win32k.sys
RegKey5=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LiveKernelReports\win32k.sys
RegKey6=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps
RegKey7=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\Debug|StoreLocation

Modified entry:  [Browser Exit Codes *]

Made the detect non-volatile because these registry keys appear to show up randomly and may not be present during a user TRIM.

[Browser Exit Codes *]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Chromium\BrowserExitCodes
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\BrowserExitCodes

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

This update looks doggone good to me.