Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

About CBS (Component-Based Servicing) Log

The Component-Based Servicing architecture is designed for installation of Windows components, updates or driver files and can create a log of its activity that assists in troubleshooting

Revised Entry

Added: FileKey1

[Notifications*]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Data

Revised Entry

Added: FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\LocalState\Database\*|*.log

[Zune Music*]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\LocalState\Database\*|*.log
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\LocalState\ImageCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey15=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey16=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\LocalState\PlayReady|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey17=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

I never saw files with the .cab extension in that location. I think this was added into this entry mistakenly.

It was initially added with the cab extension.

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=188129

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I see it.

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\|f01b4d95cf55d32a.automaticDestinations-ms

I have found several situations where the code does not work if the pipe does not have the \ in front of it.  I cannot provide an example at the moment but it has occurred several times over the period that I've established cleaning code for winapp2.ini.  I urge you to just leave developed and tested code "as is" with the  "\|" .  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

[CBS Logs*] ...

I never saw files with the .cab extension in that location. I think this was added into this entry mistakenly.

There are .cab files if you wait long enough, until the .log file reaches his file size limit!

Unnecessary pipe symbols ...

I have found several situations where the code does not work if the pipe does not have the \ in front of it.  I cannot provide an example at the moment but it has occurred several times over the period that I've established cleaning code for winapp2.ini.  I urge you to just leave developed and tested code "as is" with the  "\|" .

It's not necessary to leave them as is, because it's 100% clear how the ExcludeKey works: #4274.

The revised [Jump Lists*] entry works flawless. All other entries don't have that unnecessary pipe symbol also.

And we should use a common syntax for all the winapp2.ini entries! If we "just leave developed and tested code as is" then we have to stop overhauling of winapp2.ini completely.

There are .cab files if you wait long enough, until the .log file reaches his file size limit!

It's not necessary to leave them as is, because it's 100% clear how the ExcludeKey works: #249861.

The revised [Jump Lists*] entry works flawless. All other entries don't have that unnecessary pipe symbol also.

And we should use a common syntax for all the winapp2.ini entries! If we "just leave developed and tested code as is" then we have to stop overhauling of winapp2.ini completely.

When I said "just leave developed and tested code as is", I was referring ONLY to the \| that may be in other code segments.  And as always it's just my opinion based on things I have encountered over the years.  

And the next time I encounter one that does not work as specified, I will definitely post it for your review.  It may be clear to all how things are suppose to work- but if they all worked as designed, then we would not have nearly as many bug fixes in CCleaner or for that matter Windows itself, eh?   :blink:

When I said "just leave developed and tested code as is", I was referring ONLY to the \| that may be in other code segments.  And as always it's just my opinion based on things I have encountered over the years.  

And the next time I encounter one that does not work as specified, I will definitely post it for your review.  It may be clear to all how things are suppose to work- but if they all worked as designed, then we would not have nearly as many bug fixes in CCleaner or for that matter Windows itself, eh?   :blink:

Please don't take it personally! It wasn't my intention.

Bugs in applications are something different. We are just talking about the syntax of the ExcludeKeys! And that syntax gets interpreted by CCleaner only and not by the application the entry is written for.

I know the posts you mentioned about the ExcludeKeys. If you search them you will see that the syntax was wrong always, like "folder|file.txt" which doesn't work. You can correct that to "folder\file.txt" or "folder\|file.txt". The second one is correct and working, but simply not necessary.

I just want to help to clean up winapp2.ini and to make sure that the syntax is common for all entries. (That's essential if e.g. somebody wants to code a tool for error checking the winapp2.ini file.)

(BTW: We are talking about only 2 of 2,495 entries.)

Edit: Please ignore it! :) More information: #6536

Modified entries:

Sorted, and fixed (not working) ExcludeKeys.

[360 Browser - Cache*]
LangSecRef=3029
Detect=HKCU\Software\360Browser\Browser
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\User Data\Default|*-journal*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\User Data\Default\Local Storage|*.*
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\User Data\Default\Login data-journal
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\User Data\Default\switcher-journal
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\User Data\Default\Web data-journal
[HuluPlus*]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_fphbd361v8tya
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\LocalState|*.tmp|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\HuluLLC.HuluPlus_*\AC\INetCache\container.dat
[Internet Explorer More*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|frameiconcache.dat;tabiconcache.dat;brndlog.txt;brndlog.bak
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Last Active|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SmartScreen|*.tmp
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatUACache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Word|*.*
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey14=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iconcache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey15=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey16=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey17=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey18=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey19=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey20=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey21=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey22=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey23=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CNum_CpCache
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CpCache
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\CpMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLSTime
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\container.dat
I think all syntax mismatches should be fixed now.

My final words about the ExcludeKey syntax.

I discovered the official documentation: http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-exclude-items-from-ccleaners-cleaning. I don't know since when this documentation exists, but somehow I missed it. :(

The official documentation should always be the reference for the syntax. Therefore, I revised all the ExcludeKeys again and posted them on GitHub.

@siliconman01: The "unnecessary" pipe symbol is back again! :) Even if the entries usually would work without it. (CCleaner seems to allow much tolerance in the syntax.)

My final words about the ExcludeKey syntax.

I discovered the official documentation: http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-exclude-items-from-ccleaners-cleaning. I don't know since when this documentation exists, but somehow I missed it. :(

The official documentation should always be the reference for the syntax. Therefore, I revised all the ExcludeKeys again and posted them on GitHub.

@siliconman01: The "unnecessary" pipe symbol is back again! :) Even if the entries usually would work without it. (CCleaner seems to allow much tolerance in the syntax.)

I guess the primary question is "Will the entries ALWAYS work without it?" (excluding the example shown for ExcludeKey3=REG|HKCU\software\piriform).  Also, do we need to play it safe-  go back and change existing code to \| on the Excludes?  

I guess the primary question is "Will the entries ALWAYS work without it?"...

Yes, a ExcludeKey for "single" files would always work without it. Because CC accept that syntax. If a syntax works or not only relies on the syntax itself respectively how CC interpret it. It's absolutely not related to the excluded file or the application the entry is written for. But if a future CC version will check the syntax stricter, we should use the syntax from the official documentation.

...Also, do we need to play it safe- go back and change existing code to \| on the Excludes?

I don't understand your concern. The syntax from the official documentation works always, is more accurate and future proof. CC uses the same syntax in the ccleaner.ini (and the "settings" registry). And some of the current ExcludeKeys are definitely wrong and won't work. The overhaul and a common syntax for all entries is important.

Okay, sounds fine with me.  ;)

Hi

Back in July I already posted this, but it has not been merged, yet. Are there any reasons for this or has it simply been missed?

[IObit KB Downloader*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\IObit\KBDownloader
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\IObit\KBDownloader|*.*|RECURSE

Many thanks

New entry:  [Npcap Loopback Adapter Logs*]

[Npcap Loopback Adapter Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Npcap
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\NpCap|*.log|REMOVESELF

New entry:  [Windows Update Notification Manager Logs*]

[Windows Update Notification Manager Logs*]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\UNP
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\UNP\Logs|*.*

Revised Entry

Added:

%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\*|Plugin Loading.log

[Adobe Premiere Elements*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%|StreamingMediaTechnologyLog.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\*|Plugin Loading.log
FileKey4=%Documents%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\*|*.log
FileKey5=%Documents%\NewBlueFX\Logs|*.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0\MRUDocuments
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0\MRUDocuments
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0\MRUDocuments
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\14.0\MRUDocuments
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Premiere Elements\15.0\MRUDocuments

New entry:  [Npcap Loopback Adapter Logs*]

[Npcap Loopback Adapter Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Npcap
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\NpCap|*.log|REMOVESELF

New entry:  [Windows Update Notification Manager Logs*]

[Windows Update Notification Manager Logs*]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\UNP
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\UNP\Logs|*.*

%ProgramFiles%\UNP\Logs

I have Windows 10 64-bit system. I don't have this on my system.

I think we should have one entry for iTunes and one entry for Windows Media Player.

[iTunes Album Artwork Cache*]

[iTunes Cache*]

[iTunes Cookies*]

[iTunes Logs*]

[iTunes Previous Libraries*]

[iTunes Temporary Files*]

[Windows Media Player Album Art Cache*]

[Windows Media Player Databases*]

[Windows Media Player MediaGuide*]

New Entries

[Pale Moon - Cache*]
LangSecRef=3026
Detect=HKLM\Software\Mozilla\Pale Moon
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*\cache2|*.*|RECURSE

[Pale Moon - Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3026
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*|cookies.sqlite

[Pale Moon - Form History*]
LangSecRef=3026
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*|formhistory.sqlite

[Pale Moon - Offline Cache*]
LangSecRef=3026
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*\OfflineCache|*.*|RECURSE

[Pale Moon - Session*]
LangSecRef=3026
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*|sessionstore.bak

[Pale Moon - Thumbnails*]
LangSecRef=3026
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\*\thumbnails|*.png

Updates: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/6ba33b7d918038064373295ccd2c56798e455f12

[Camtasia Studio 8*]Detect=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0RegKey1=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Studio\8.0|ExportAsZipMruRegKey2=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Studio\8.0|FileSaveAsMruRegKey3=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Studio\8.0|MRUImportFolderRegKey4=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Studio\8.0|MRUOpenProjectFolderRegKey5=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Studio\8.0|RecentRecordingsMruRegKey6=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\8.0\Camtasia Recorder\8.0\General|lstLastSaveDir

Was this entry suppose to be removed out because it was added in CCleaner?

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity