Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

The Metro Apps entries I provided above do not work with DetectOS=10.0|, but they do work when DetectOS=10.0| is not there.

I tested DetectOS=10.0 without the pipe | and it worked for me. Then tested DetectOS=11 and it didn't show on 10. Also tried 10.1-10.9, only the 10.0 one appeared.

I can't seem to find a explanation on what the pipe does. What I thought it did didn't work. I see 4 different uses between winapp2.ini and winapp.ini

(6.3 for example)

DetectOS=6.3

DetectOS=6.3|6.3

DetectOS=|6.3

DetectOS=6.3|

• Moderators

The pipe means that versions on the pipe side will not work

I believe, but may be wrong, you want |10.0

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Added FileKey9

[Skype Temporary Files*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Skype
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Skype\DbTemp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Skype|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Skype\|*.db-journal|RECURSE
FileKey4=%AppData%\Skype\*\simcache|*.*
FileKey5=%AppData%\Skype\*\httpfe|*.*
FileKey6=%AppData%\Skype\*\ecache|*.*
FileKey7=%AppData%\Skype\DataRv|*.*
FileKey8=%AppData%\Skype\*\media_messaging\media_cache|*.*
FileKey9=%AppData%\Skype\*\media_messaging\media_cache*|*.*
FileKey10=%AppData%\Skype\*\media_messaging\storage_db\asyncdb\tmp|*.*
FileKey11=%AppData%\Skype\*\media_messaging\media_cache\asyncdb\tmp|*.*
FileKey12=%AppData%\Skype\*\qikdb\tmp|*.*
FileKey13=%AppData%\Skype\*\logs|*.*
FileKey14=%UserProfile%\Tracing\WPPMedia\*.*|RECURSE

New Rule:

[Privacy Badger*]
LangSecRef=3026
SpecialDetect=DET_MOZILLA
Default=False
Warning=This will remove all filter settings.
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\jetpack\jid1-MnnxcxisBPnSXQ-eff@jetpack\simple-storage|store.json

Privacy Badger saves all visited domains in that file and is thereby ironically a privacy threat itself.

New Rule:

[Privacy Badger*]
LangSecRef=3026
SpecialDetect=DET_MOZILLA
Default=False
Warning=This will remove all filter settings.
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\jetpack\jid1-MnnxcxisBPnSXQ-eff@jetpack\simple-storage|store.json

Privacy Badger saves all visited domains in that file and is thereby ironically a privacy threat itself.

maybe need to change the warning to This will remove all settings or Reset to default

removing store.json not only delete custom filter setting but all setting including "Whitelisted Domains" and "Other Settings"

imo, removing store.json will make PB useless

you need to start over again to create new db and custom filter setting for website that doesn't load properly with PB enable

• Moderators
It didn't remove "Other Settings" for me. "Whitelisted Domains" I don't know about.

It's true though that PB has to relearn which sites are tracking the user. That's why I put the warning.

Remeber that 99% of warnings are ignored or misunderstood by users. A warning is only shown once (when the user makes a checkmark in the entry). A warning does not and should not excuse bad behavior (such as removal of settings) in the case of public winapp2.ini entries (what the developers do is out of my hands but this thread isn't).

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I tested DetectOS=10.0 without the pipe | and it worked for me. Then tested DetectOS=11 and it didn't show on 10. Also tried 10.1-10.9, only the 10.0 one appeared.

I can't seem to find a explanation on what the pipe does. What I thought it did didn't work. I see 4 different uses between winapp2.ini and winapp.ini

(6.3 for example)

DetectOS=6.3

DetectOS=6.3|6.3

DetectOS=|6.3

DetectOS=6.3|

You're right, these entries work with DetectOS=10.0 except for the [store*] entry, as there is one already there with the same name. How should we handle this now?

Revised Entry

Removed because this path never existed in any Windows: FileKey3=%AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache|*.*|RECURSE

[Cached Certification Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

You're correct! There was one value that was being removed and that was causing the issue. Please look at the attached snapshot.

Revised Entry

Changed FileKey1 & RegKey1

[Notification Cache*]

DetectOS=6.2|

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\wpnidm

If anyone got affected because of this entry and some of their Windows 10 built-in apps are not working, they can run the command listed below using PowerShell as Administrator.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

You're right, these entries work with DetectOS=10.0 except for the [store*] entry, as there is one already there with the same name. How should we handle this now?

I tried with both [store*]'s, the one you posted and the one already in winapp2.ini. Only the new one showed. So at least they are separate.. But it might need a rename so a duplicate finder doesn't remove one.

You're correct! There was one value that was being removed and that was causing the issue. Please look at the attached snapshot.

This works! I was fiddling with the the FileKey so that explains why I couldn't get it.

Revised Entry

Removed because this path never existed in any Windows: FileKey3=%AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache|*.*|RECURSE

[Cached Certification Files*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

Win XP

2w33upj.jpg

Win XP

2w33upj.jpg

There is a difference between %AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache and Documents and Settings\zak\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache. I think we should add Win XP location in that entry.

I tried with both [store*]'s, the one you posted and the one already in winapp2.ini. Only the new one showed. So at least they are separate.. But it might need a rename so a duplicate finder doesn't remove one.

This works! I was fiddling with the the FileKey so that explains why I couldn't get it.

I added both [store*] entries and none of them showed up. When I removed the Windows 8 [store*] entry, then the [store*] entry with DetectOS=10.0 started showing up.

There is a difference between %AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache and Documents and Settings\zak\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache. I think we should add Win XP location in that entry.

%AppData%

- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data

- Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming

the entry is ok

no need to remove FileKey3

New Entries

[sourceHash Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\Installer|SourceHash*

[wix Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\Installer|wix*

• Moderators
New Entries

[sourceHash Files*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\Installer|SourceHash*

[wix Files*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\Installer|wix*

any links for us to learn what either SourceHash or Wix are for (it would help so we can decide on the junkiness of the removed)

any links for us to learn what either SourceHash or Wix are for (it would help so we can decide on the junkiness of the removed)

I have opened each and every file with Notepad to see the content. I'm attaching a SourceHash file's content with this message. Also, I asked a question in the WindowsTen Forums and here is the response: http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34528-what-these-sourcehash-files.html

• Moderators

My guess is the hash are not safe to remove as they may break Windows Update and/or future updates.

My guess is the hash are not safe to remove as they may break Windows Update and/or future updates.

After reading the contents of the files, I don't think they have to do anything with Windows update.

I have opened each and every file with Notepad to see the content. I am pasting a few files' content here. Also, I have asked a question in the WindowsTen Forums and here is the response: http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34528-what-these-sourcehash-files.html

So you're suggesting an entry to delete items that you don't even know the function of?