Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

On my Windows 8.1 x64 Professional system, the two suggested new entries shown below:

[LocalService Cached Certification Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCacheContent|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCacheMetaData|*.*|RECURSE

[NetworkService Cached Certification Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

should actually be:

LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCacheContent|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCacheMetaData|*.*|RECURSE

Should be:

LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

For Windows 7 and Vista users. Windows 8 has different directories for those 2. Might have to make seperate entries or additional filekeys.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

On my Windows 8.1 x64 Professional system, the two suggested new entries shown below:

should actually be:

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

You're right. Thanks for correcting.

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

Should be:

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%WinDir%\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

For Windows 7 and Vista users. Windows 8 has different directories for those 2. Might have to make seperate entries or additional filekeys.

Same on Win Vista, 7 and 8. There is no need to make seperate entries.

• Moderators

@SMalikPlease add a DetectOS line instead of generic Detect

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
I tested those entries and they made Silverlight forget that I gave it permission to go fullscreen. Unsure if that's going to be an issue or not.

Ihmo that's an issue

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I tested those entries and they made Silverlight forget that I gave it permission to go fullscreen. Unsure if that's going to be an issue or not.

Which entry are you talking about?

I guess it's just for a better overall view.

@SMalik

+1 For the cached certificates. If that works it would be great. I have like 10.000 files in these folders.

Right. Thank you.

• Moderators

Ah that should do :)

This will cover the windir folder location (although it was already empty on my system, again no filekey number provided):

FileKey#=%windir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache|*.*|RECURSE

I don’t see FileKey1 & 2 on Win 7 and 8. Can someone check Win XP? If these lines are not there, then we can remove these from this entry.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=247616

By the way, I transferred FileKey1 & 2 into this entry from the [internet Explorer More*] entry.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=247617

[LocalSystem Cached Certification Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE

This was sent to me by the user Test

Could you please get this message here public in the forum:

"

There's a very easy way to find useless files, that can be added to Winapp2.ini:
Step-0: Please download the newest CCleaner and Winapp2.ini and run with all selected boxes.
Step-1: Please add following entry and just "scan" and NEVER "RUN CCLEANER":
[useless File Extension*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.diz;*.tmp;*.temp;*.chk;*.old;*.gid;*.nch;*.wbk;*.fts;*.ftg;*.$$$;*log.txt;*.err;*.---;*.~*;*.??$;*.___;*.log;*.~mp;*._mp;*.dmp;*.prv;*.sik;*.bak;thumbs.db;CHKLIST.MS;*Desktop.ini;*.ilk;*.aps;*.ncb;*.pch;*.$db;*.?$?;*.??~;*.?~?;*.db$;*.^;*._dd;*._detmp;chklist.*;mscreate.dir;log*.txt;*.log?|RECURSE
Step-2: Use the "Save to text file" function and export the results to somewhere.
Step-3: Upload the the created file to here and the community will try to add it into Winapp2.ini .

Thank you, Rivaldo Santos ""Test" "

I don’t see FileKey1 & 2 on Win 7 and 8. Can someone check Win XP? If these lines are not there, then we can remove these from this entry.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=247616

FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*RECURSE

Present on my XP. and empty.

[useless File Extension*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.diz;*.tmp;*.temp;*.chk;*.old;*.gid;*.nch;*.wbk;*.fts;*.ftg;*.$$$;*log.txt;*.err;*.---;*.~*;*.??$;*.___;*.log;*.~mp;*._mp;*.dmp;*.prv;*.sik;*.bak;thumbs.db;CHKLIST.MS;*Desktop.ini;*.ilk;*.aps;*.ncb;*.pch;*.$db;*.?$?;*.??~;*.?~?;*.db$;*.^;*._dd;*._detmp;chklist.*;mscreate.dir;log*.txt;*.log?|RECURSE

IMO a bit harsh with regard to .bak and Desktop.ini files.

The entry found 88.6 MB on my XP system.

XP scan details:

http://pastebin.com/i4HYWKWv

This was sent to me by the user Test

On Windows 8.1 x64, the entry finds a lot of files that are .bak, .log, .logx, and others that I believe would be pretty risky to remove.  I do not recommend such a "global" code for Winapp2.ini. 

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Added FileKey2:

[Firefox Logs*]
LangSecRef=3026
SpecialDetect=DET_MOZILLA
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Mozilla|*.log|RECURSE
Finds marionette.log and submit.log which seem to be log files from Firefox.

I've been checking to make sure this doesn't break anything, so far it all seems good. Files in this directory seem to be akin to checksums and torrents, and are recreated when you validate game files or the game downloads an update. Feel free to check this against your libraries

[Steam DepotCache*]
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\depotcache|*.*