Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

hmmm, i skipped the regseeker ones but i suppose i did include the erunt ones. I'm on the fence with the registry backups thing myself. I think it's dangerous to include them but at the same time I recognize that a lot of people would like them cleaned but at the same time no one reads warnings AFAICT, etc.

hmmm, i skipped the regseeker ones but i suppose i did include the erunt ones. I'm on the fence with the registry backups thing myself. I think it's dangerous to include them but at the same time I recognize that a lot of people would like them cleaned but at the same time no one reads warnings AFAICT, etc.

Ok, I know it's not the reason I bought the entry up, but what use is a backup program with no backups? I would understand if it removed only old backups but it removes everything. And my memory may be failing but I'm pretty sure erunt limits the number of backups it creates anyway, so that entry just seems stupid to me.

Thanks for the update. You missed the entry listed below:

[Zoner Photo Studio 15 (AutoSave)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\ZONER\Zoner Photo Studio 15
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Zoner\OriginalsRepository|*.JPG.info;*.JPG.original|RECURSE

In the 'Full list of changes', you missed the FileKey2 of the entry listed below:

[Zoner Photo Studio 15*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\ZONER\Zoner Photo Studio 15
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Zoner\ZPS 15\ZPSCache.dat|*.*
FileKey2=%Pictures%|*.uid-zps

Thankfully, I just noticed extreme additions to the 'uTorrent More' entry.

I'm fine with old and bad data being erased, but not all of my settings, IPFilter, and language file; regardless of no torrents, or jobs in progress or paused.

Don't delete dat or lng files.

Benc and btapp files require a warning.

• Moderators

So many entries came to me in the form of numerous emails...

Probably should request to have them all posted in this topic itself, that way you'll have multitudes of eyes looking at them for you and people can scrutinize them for errors, dangers, etc.

This modification was missed:

Modified Entry for [TuneUp Utilities Reg Defrag Cleanup*] to include TuneUp Utilities 2014. Added Detect4

[TuneUp Utilities Reg Defrag Cleanup*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect1=HKCU\Software\TuneUp\Utilities\10.0

Detect2=HKCU\Software\TuneUp\Utilities\12.0

Detect3=HKCU\Software\TuneUp\Utilities\13.0

Detect4=HKCU\Software\TuneUp\Utilities\14.0

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows|USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Boot|BCD_tureg_new.LOG*;BCD_tureg_old

FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey4=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey5=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey6=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey7=%UserProfile%|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey8=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey9=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old

FileKey10=%WinDir%\System32\config|COMPONENTS_tureg_new.LOG*;COMPONENTS_tureg_old;DEFAULT_tureg_new.LOG*;DEFAULT_tureg_old;SAM_tureg_new.LOG*;SAM_tureg_old;SECURITY_tureg_new.LOG*;SECURITY_tureg_old;SOFTWARE_tureg_new.LOG*;SOFTWARE_tureg_old;SYSTEM_tureg_new.LOG*;SYSTEM_tureg_old;DRIVERS_tureg_new.LOG*;DRIVERS_tureg_old

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

This new entry was missed:

New Entry: [TuneUp Utilities (CrashDumps)*]

[TuneUp Utilities (CrashDumps)*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\TuneUp
Default=False
Warning=This removes ALL crash/dump files saved by program TuneUp Utilities.
FileKey1=%AppData%\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\CrashDumps|*.*

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

This new entry was missed ??

New Entry: [Norton Error Repair Tool (Logs)*] This removes logs that are generated by Symantec's security products repair tool SymNRA.exe. This tool generates sizeable logs for submission to Symantec when debugging Norton products.

[Norton Error Repair Tool (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%Documents%\Symantec
Default=False
Warning=This removes Error Logs created by Norton's SymNRA log tool used for reporting bugs.
FileKey1=%Documents%\Symantec\ErrLogs|*.zip
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Symlogs|*.*|REMOVESELF

New Entry: [Amazon.com Software Downloads (Logs)*]

The logs are created when you purchase and download software from Amazon.com.

[Amazon.com Software Downloads (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%Documents%\Amazon Downloader Logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\Amazon Downloader Logs\|*.*|REMOVESELF

• Moderators

New Entry: [Norton Error Repair Tool (Logs)*] This removes logs that are generated by Symantec's security products repair tool SymNRA.exe. This tool generates sizeable logs for submission to Symantec when debugging Norton products.

[Norton Error Repair Tool (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%Documents%Symantec
Default=False
Warning=This removes Error Logs created by Norton's SymNRA log tool used for reporting bugs.
FileKey1=%Documents%SymantecErrLogs|*.zip
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%Symlogs|*.*|REMOVESELF

Errrrr I would rather not promote this entry (opinion only) as it could be used unwisely and file key 2 just looks scary, what happens when symantec decides to store all logs there

Honestly things like that should only be removed at the request of the technician who ran/suggested-running-of the error repairer

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Probably should request to have them all posted in this topic itself, that way you'll have multitudes of eyes looking at them for you and people can scrutinize them for errors, dangers, etc.

I'll probably post all submissions to the thread as I get them moving forward. Sometimes when I quickly get one or write one I've done it, but I'm far from consistent.

Replaced %UserProfile%\Documents with %Documents%

[shareX History*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%Documents%\ShareX
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\ShareX|History.xml

[shareX Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%Documents%\ShareX
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\ShareX\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

Errrrr I would rather not promote this entry (opinion only) as it could be used unwisely and file key 2 just looks scary, what happens when symantec decides to store all logs there

Honestly things like that should only be removed at the request of the technician who ran/suggested-running-of the error repairer

JFI, the Symantec program SYMNRA.exe does not actually do any repair of Norton products. When a Norton user has a problem and reports it to Symantec, the techs often ask the user to download/install and then run SYMNRA.exe. The user is then supposed to regenerate the "problem". SymNRA.exe collects, builds and stores log files to help the techs identify what is going on. That is ALL SymNRA.exe does...is build and store log files. The user then stops SymNRA and uploads the log files to TinyURL into a Norton upload storage area for the techs to recover.

So the user is left hanging with log files that can be quite large. The Symantec techs do not give a hoot whether the log files build up or are cleaned off. That's strictly up to the Norton user.

Thanks for the huge update! :)

This modification was missed:

[HTTP Error Logs*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\LogFiles\HTTPERR|*.log

And I found a new typo: [TeamViever Connections*]

• Moderators
you didn't add the changes i suggested!

Uh perhaps you could be more clear on what entries you mean

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

New:

[intel Chipset Device Software (Install Logs)*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Infinst

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Intel\InfInst|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Intel\Logs|*.*

[NETGEAR Genie*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\Software\NETGEAR Genie

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie|*.txt

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie\log|*.log

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie\update_temp|*.*

[Ontrack EasyRecovery Logs*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AE695CA4-8847-4462-98CC-023874D29E72}_is1

Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{668CC71A-C2AD-4D56-866D-CF300BD1D5BE}_is1

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Kroll Ontrack\Ontrack EasyRecovery10 Enterprise|*erent_log.txt

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Kroll Ontrack\Ontrack EasyRecovery11 Enterprise|*erent_log.txt

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Kroll Ontrack\Ontrack EasyRecovery10 Professional|*erpro_log.txt

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Kroll Ontrack\Ontrack EasyRecovery11 Professional|*erpro_log.txt

[RadioSure Logs*]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect=HKCU\Software\RadioSure

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\RadioSure\Log|*.*

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\RadioSure\Log|*.*

[unlockroot*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect1=HKLM\Software\UnlockrootPro

Detect2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\unlockroot.exe

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Unlockroot|*.txt

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Unlockroot\tools|*.zip

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Unlockroot Pro|*.txt

Modified:

[battle.net*]

Section=Games

Detect=HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

Default=False

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net|*.log|RECURSE

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net\Agent\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.Net\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Authenticator

Added FileKeys 1 & 2

[battle.Net Client Logs*]

Section=Games

Detect=HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

Default=False

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net\Client\Blizzard Launcher.*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net\Client\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Battle.Net\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

Added FileKeys 1 & 2

New:

LangSecRef=3024

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Intel|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Intel|*.*|REMOVESELF

NO NO NO, that removes the whole intel folders!!! Do NOT add this.

NO NO NO, that removes the whole intel folders!!! Do NOT add this.

Those are folders placed there when drivers were installed as a temporary extraction point.

All I've ever seen is an install log in either one.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1224155/c-intel-folder

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/37668-63-does-matter-delete-logs-intel-folder

etc...

Those are folders placed there when drivers were installed as a temporary extraction point.

All I've ever seen is an install log in either one.

http://www.overclock.../c-intel-folder

http://www.tomshardw...gs-intel-folder

etc...

Your links refer to the C:\Intel folder. The Intel program files folder holds the necessary files for wi-fi and turbo boost (possibly more on other peoples systems)

DEFINITELY do not include FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Intel|*.*|REMOVESELF. Removing this will damage a lot of systems with various Intel components used. There is already an Intel entry to take care of the FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Intel*|*.*|REMOVESELF

[intel Installation Logs*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect1=HKCU\Software\Intel

Detect2=HKLM\Software\Intel

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Intel*|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%UserProfile%\Intel\Logs|*log

Also there is a NetGenie entry that can be modified to take care of the NetGenie entry above.

Suggested Modification

[NETGEAR Genie (logs)*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect1=HKLM\Software\NETGEAR Genie

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie\log|*.log

to

[NETGEAR Genie*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\Software\NETGEAR Genie

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie|*.txt

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie\log|*.log

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\NETGEARGenie\update_temp|*.*

Your links refer to the C:\Intel folder. The Intel program files folder holds the necessary files for wi-fi and turbo boost (possibly more on other peoples systems)

I downloaded and installed the software you mention.

To delete the folders would have deleted the uninstallers present.

I have edited the entry above to:

LangSecRef=3024

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Intel\InfInst|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Intel\Logs|*.*

[MS Reliability Monitor*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Reliability Analysis\RAC

Default=False

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\RAC\Temp|*.*

Can you, PLEASE, check the following two (2) entries?

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData\*.*

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\*.*

IF you find them harmless, then, you can add them...

New Entry

[CyberLink AudioDirector 4*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\AudioDirector4
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\AudioDirector\4.0\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\AudioDirector\4.0|*.cache;*.db