Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Great work Winapp2.ini and everyone else involved. this is a great project. I've uploaded my Winapp2.ini file which has about 10 new and modified entries, like F0rtr3z software and WinXP/Win 7 muicache, shellbags etc because I added new locations not included in the original file. Hoping this will be helpful for you guys :)

keep up the good work!

Edited by Andavari
Failure to post winapp2.ini entries in the regular format that everyone else does. That's why your winapp2.ini upload was deleted!

Sorry guys, I forgot some of the locations/entries I added and modified but from memory search acmru, all shellbags, fortres, muicache, windows related entries. there is a great tool called http://www.diffchecker.com/

paste my winapp2 into the original text box and the newest version of winapp2 into the modified text. it should highlight all of what i have added and modified (+ some removed/modified by winapp themselves in the past months)

also maybe not already included are these 2 locations :

For Windows XP, the entries are stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Search Assistant \ ACMru \ 5603

For Windows Classic Search, the entries are stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Explorer Bars \ {C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1} \ FilesNamedMRU

and do not remove [MS Search More*] and [Windows Search Cache*] these entries are very useful.

and please add Windows Remote Desktop logs, cache etc remover AND Microsoft Security Essentials logs, caches entries! I've noticed almost no entries for this! please search for these locations masters!

peace!

New Entry: [Norton Error Repair Tool (Logs)*] This removes logs that are generated by Symantec's security products repair tool SymNRA.exe. This tool generates sizeable logs for submission to Symantec when debugging Norton products.

[Norton Error Repair Tool (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%Documents%\Symantec
Default=False
Warning=This removes Error Logs created by Norton's SymNRA log tool used for reporting bugs. 
FileKey1=%Documents%\Symantec\ErrLogs|*.zip
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Symlogs|*.*|REMOVESELF

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Sorry guys, I forgot some of the locations/entries I added and modified but from memory search acmru, all shellbags, fortres, muicache, windows related entries. there is a great tool called http://www.diffchecker.com/

and do not remove [MS Search More*] and [Windows Search Cache*] these entries are very useful.

and please add Windows Remote Desktop logs, cache etc remover AND Microsoft Security Essentials logs, caches entries! I've noticed almost no entries for this! please search for these locations masters!

dude,of course we know how to compare thing even can do with only notepad

just that winapp2.ini got many other thing to do other than looking for custom entries made by others

what we need to do is to make it easy for him to update and also let others see the entries so we can discuss whether to include or not the entries

sorry, no offence

i can confirm that [Windows Search Cache*] locked in normal and safe mode even with windows search disabled

need to be remove

I fully concur with dvdbane.

It is YOUR responsibility to provide entries in the same format that everyone else uses.

Sorry but this results in maximum effort and minimum benefit,

and wins my vote for the most stupid file comparator of the year.

The latest official Winapp2.ini commences with

; Version: v4.05.130826

; Application Cleaning file

;

; Notes

; # of entries: 1,534

Your file commences with

; Version: v4.00.130326

; Application Cleaning file

;

; Notes

; # of entries: 1,362

It is obvious that you have the modified the first "Beta" released version with 1362 entries intended for v4.00 CCleaner.exe

and you are asking that we compare it with the latest version with 1534 entries.

There are probably over 200 entries that have been added, and perhaps several dozen removed because CCleaner.exe now includes within built in rules,

so you expect us to recognise which of 200 hundred differences are not from you ?

I actually tried to see how bad diffchecker was.

It was really bad.

Your DiffChecker gave me a display list with consecutive line numbers from 1 through to 11917

I have never seen a more useless File comparator.

• Moderators

paste my winapp2 into the original text box and the newest version of winapp2 into the modified text. it should highlight all of what i have added and modified (+ some removed/modified by winapp themselves in the past months)

Why should we be required to download some other software to just find out what you've added and forgotten about? Sigh.

Edit:

Since you refuse to comply with what everyone else has been doing with submitting entries from day #1 of the winapp2.ini file I've deleted your upload!

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

Well you Winapp2.ini (person) I'm sure have better things to do than painstakingly sifting through someones whole winapp2.ini (file) to find changes. Uploading the whole thing and expecting you to do that is completely unacceptable!

Well you Winapp2.ini (person) I'm sure have better things to do than painstakingly sifting through someones whole winapp2.ini (file) to find changes. Uploading the whole thing and expecting you to do that is completely unacceptable!

For Windows XP, the entries are stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Search Assistant \ ACMru \ 5603

For Windows Classic Search, the entries are stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Explorer Bars \ {C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1} \ FilesNamedMRU

and please add Windows Remote Desktop logs, cache etc remover AND Microsoft Security Essentials logs, caches entries! I've noticed almost no entries for this! please search for these locations

[Windows XP MUICache*]

DetectOS=|5.1

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam

Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\DUIBags

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MUICache

[Windows Compatibility Assistant*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

RegKey3=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

RegKey4=HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

[Windows XP ShellBags*]

DetectOS=|5.1

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

Warning=This will delete window size, window position and view setting of all folders.

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

[Windows XP System Profile*]

DetectOS=|5.1

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey6=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*

FileKey7=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*

[Windows Search Cache*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows Session Manager*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Default=False

RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations

RegKey2=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|AppCompatCache

FileKey1=%WinDir%\AppCompat\Programs|*.xml

FileKey2=%WinDir%\AppCompat\Programs\Install|*.xml

[Windows XP MUICache*]

DetectOS=|5.1

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\DUIBags

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MUICache

[Windows Log Files More*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%WinDir%\Panther

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\Panther|cbs.log;DDACLSys.log

FileKey2=%WinDir%\inf|setupapi.offline.log

[Misc Metadata/Search/Filexts*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Map Network Drive MRU

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel

RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru

Exclude1=FILE|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\|cls_current_settings.txt

Include1=PATH|%CommonAppData%\Symantec\SEP\Logs\|*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include2=PATH|%CommonAppData%\Symantec\SMA\Logs\|*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include3=PATH|%CommonAppData%\Symantec\SMP\Logs\|*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include4=PATH|%CommonAppData%\Symantec\Symantec Agent\Logs\|*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include5=PATH|%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\|*.log;*.tmp;*.txt|RECURSE

Include6=FILE|C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Client Task Server\logs\|taskmanagement.log

Include7=PATH|C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Logs\|*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include8=PATH|C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\TaskManagement\statusXml\History\|*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include9=PATH|C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Logs\|*.log;*.tmp;*.txt|RECURSE

Include10=PATH|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\|*.txt;*.log;*.tmp|RECURSE

Include11=FILE|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\Clean Slate 5.0\|CSFileDiag.log

Include12=FILE|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\Clean Slate 5.0\|CSRegDiag.log

Include13=FILE|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\Clean Slate 6.5\|CSFileDiag.log

Include14=FILE|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\Clean Slate 6.5\|CSRegDiag.log

Include15=PATH|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\Clean Slate*\|CSFileDiag.log

Include16=PATH|C:\Program Files\Fortres Grand\Clean Slate*\|CSRegDiag.log

Include17=PATH|C:\WINDOWS\inf\|setupapi*log

Include18=FILE|C:\Windows\inf\|setupapi.app.log

Include19=FILE|C:\WINDOWS\inf\|setupapi.dev.log

Include20=FILE|C:\Windows\inf\|setupapi.log

sorry only ones I can remember

Feel free to PM me your full copy of winapp2.ini, vBender. I'm fairly sure I've got a way to very simply weed out the duplicates.

Trim.bat creates a list of the headers in winapp2.ini, so if I just insert the current winapp2.ini on top of vbenders and run it (barring any funky issues caused by doing that) I should have a list of all of the current ones mixed in with vBenders that I can run against a list of the headers from the current file. That should narrow it down to removed entries in the last 5 months (easy enough) and his added ones.

Wont pick up modifications though :(

New Entry: [Amazon.com Software Downloads (Logs)*]

The logs are created when you purchase and download software from Amazon.com.

[Amazon.com Software Downloads (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%Documents%\Amazon Downloader Logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\Amazon Downloader Logs\|*.*|REMOVESELF

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Original - already in winapp2.ini:

[Windows XP Error Reporting*]
DetectOS=|5.2
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\pchealth\ERRORREP|*.*|RECURSE

Updated, added FileKey2 and Warning. Not sure about the DetectOS, I thought XP was 5.1. Also on my system FileKey2 will only get cleaned as it's listed below using %userprofile%.

[Windows XP Error Reporting*]
DetectOS=|5.2
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
Warning=This deletes the error reports generated by Windows (such as failed Windows Updates) that Microsoft Error Reporting requests to upload directly to Microsoft. Make sure you upload the error reports before using this cleaner, that way Microsoft may be able to fix the problem in a future Windows Update.
FileKey1=%WinDir%\pchealth\ERRORREP|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\PCHealth\ErrorRep\QSignoff|*.*

xp is 5.1, this was my workaround solution to "show this on XP and everything older" - the missing DetectOS option.

New Entry

[RegSeeker (Backups)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\RegSeeker\RegSeeker.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\RegSeeker\Backup|*.*|RECURSE

I would suggest a warning be added to that entry as deleting reg backups from a registry cleaner as aggressive as Regseeker (or ANY reg cleaner for that matter) is not necessarily a good idea.

• Moderators

LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\HTMLHelp
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\HTML Help|hh.dat
[/quote]

Change the Detect= to this and it will also work in older OSes
[code]Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft[/code]

• Moderators

Exists on WinXP:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{de5aed00-a4bf-11d1-9948-00c04f98bbc9}

Does not exist on WinXP:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp

May be just as easy to add in:

DetectFile=%AppData%\Microsoft\HTML Help\hh.dat