Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Is it just me experiencing serious deja vu here? I'm sure we had this exact conversation just a few weeks ago :huh:

Yes we did.

I remembered the topic but not the link,

so I chose to re-explore and found new horrors that I had not previously seen.

This will take care of many traces from things like flash, but websites can see your IP and MAC addresses, so they'll still know it's you ;)

i'm sorry but this is wrong... mac address aren't visible to websites. unless you're on the same local network.

Couple new Win8 apps

[Twitter*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\9E2F88E3.Twitter_wgeqdkkx372wm
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\AC\Microsoft\*|*.LOG|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*Twitter_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\9E2F88E3.Twitter_wgeqdkkx372wm\SearchHistory

[skype*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_*\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeApp_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c\SearchHistory

i'm sorry but this is wrong... mac address aren't visible to websites. unless you're on the same local network.

True enough, MAC addresses can only be seen on the next hop, so your router can see your mac, and your isp can see your router's mac, but nothing after that can see your mac addresses. Sorry for the slight misinformation :(

first of all, i don't have a router, perhaps you see my isp's router's mac?

and second, for the things i mentioned - i use mobile internet with usb gsm modems and a sim card and the way i understand it, this is not an ethernet device and hence does not have a mac address (is uses broadband dial up connection i believe). i checked because i wanted to spoof it and this is what i learned.

anyways, i have this taken care of, i just need to clear all traces websites leave behind.

thanks for help.

first of all, i don't have a router, perhaps you see my isp's router's mac?

and second, for the things i mentioned - i use mobile internet with usb gsm modems and a sim card and the way i understand it, this is not an ethernet device and hence does not have a mac address (is uses broadband dial up connection i believe). i checked because i wanted to spoof it and this is what i learned.

anyways, i have this taken care of, i just need to clear all traces websites leave behind.

thanks for help.

Vanilla CCleaner should go a long way to killing off most of what websites leave behind, Doctor. Winapp2.ini will provide some extra coverage (namely in killing some left over flash bits)

InnoExtractor updates for Winapp2.ini:

Homepage: http://www.havysoft....oextractor.html

[innoExtractor*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Programs\InnoExtractor\InnoExtractor.exe
DetectFile2=%LocalAppData%\InnoExtractor\InnoExtractor.exe
DetectFile3=%AppData%\InnoExtractor\InnoExtractor.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Programs\InnoExtractor|Historial.dat
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\InnoExtractor|Historial.dat
FileKey3=%AppData%\InnoExtractor|Historial.dat
FileKey4=%temp%\InnoExtractorCache|*.*|RECURSE

Best regards.

new jdownlaoder 2 update

[JDownloader2 Logs*]

LangSecRef=3022

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader 2\

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader2|JDownloader.log;Updater_*-*-*.log;SessionInstallLog.json.*

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader 2|JDownloader.log;Updater_*-*-*.log;SessionInstallLog.json.*

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader 2\logs|*.*|RECURSE

[JDownloader2 TMP/Cache...*]

LangSecRef=3022

Warning=New iconcache generation = slow start

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader 2\

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader 2\tmp|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entry

Added FileKey2, 3, 13, 14 and 15. Also rearranged the order.

[Windows Photos*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\BackgroundTransferApi|*.down_data
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\BackgroundTransferApi|*.up_meta
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\LocalState\bici|*.sqm
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\LocalState|*.log
FileKey15=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\LocalState|*.jpg
FileKey16=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

Edited by saad2011

• Moderators

Update:

Added Detect=

[Wise YouTube Downloader*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Wise Youtube Downloader_is1
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Wise\Wise YouTube Downloader\WiseDownloader.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\ThumbnailCache|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Wise YouTube Downloader|FileListConfig.ini

The [skype More*] and [skype ChatSync*] entries have duplicate rules, so I think Skype More should be turned into

[skype More*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Skype
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Skype|*.lck;*.lock|RECURSE

To keep the option of removing chatsync separate of the lock files.

Edit: I wrote a program to look for dupe keys, here's what I recommend.

[Auslogics Disk Defrag Portable*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Portable
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag\Reports|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag\Logs|*.*

[Auslogics Disk Defrag*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\Disk Defrag
Default=False

Should just be merged into

[Auslogics Disk Defrag*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\Disk Defrag
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Portable
Default=False

---

[CNN*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_cs8eyncph15zy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\588E6FFA.CNNAppforWindows_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

The above is updated to remove a FileKey9 that was a duplicate of FileKey6.

---

[Norton Installer Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\NortonInstaller\Logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\NortonInstaller\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

[Norton Internet Security 2012/13 (logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\NortonInstaller\Logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\NortonInstaller\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

Norton Internet Security 2012/13 (logs) is redundant and can be removed.

---

[XnView MP*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\XnView\XnViewMP
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\XnViewMP|*.db;category.bak
FileKey2=%AppData%\XnView\cache|*.db
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\XnViewMP|category.bak;*.db

[XnView*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\XnView
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\XnView|XnView.db;category.bak
FileKey2=%AppData%\XnView\cache|*.db
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\XnView\cache|*.db
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\XnView|category.bak

XnView MP should become

[XnView MP*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\XnView\XnViewMP
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\XnViewMP|*.db;category.bak
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\XnViewMP|category.bak;*.db

since the XnView\cache.db file(s) are not as specific to XnView MP, and the detect keys will show both the XnView and XnView MP entries if XnView MP is present.

Sorry about the long post, but I hope this helps. :)

Sorry for the double post, but I thought it necessary to separate thoughts.

Have you considered a git repo for winapp2.ini? I'm thinking a file that new/modified entries can be pushed to, and a new version can be pulled easily. Of course, the site could remain with a download link as well. It would make it much easier to get new changes without waiting for the next release... and easier than posting CODE segments in the forums as well. Any thoughts?

[Windows 8 Search History*]
DetectOS=6.2|
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SearchHistory

Modified to turn the

Section=3025

of that entry to

LangSecRef=3025

New Windows 8 Apps: GasBuddy and Team Crossword

[GasBuddy*]

Section=Windows 8 Apps

DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_932xwky9axss4

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\Temp|*.*

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\PRICache|*.*

FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

[Team Crossword*]

Section=Windows 8 Apps

DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\Temp|*.*

FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\PRICache|*.*

FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.TeamCrossword_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

i did but I couldn't figure out a graceful way to do it. Thanks for the contributions so far though! :)

Wearing a white suit whilst clearing out a sewer is easier than being graceful whilst cleaning Windows :rolleyes:

Updated (sorry about the wait)

I even got rick's last entry in there

Edit: For anyone interested in how many little changes the alphabetization involved: http://i.imgur.com/6fMO4qR.png

The yellow indicates lines that were modified.

Did you have to do it by hand or is there a handy little batch file or script we could apply to our own winapp2 files? B)