Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

It removes desktop wallpaper, if you use it Windows will apply dark grey one color wallpaper as your new desktop wallpaper, if you like to use your own desktop wallpaper you have to re-define your desktop wallpaper.

In my opinion this code is useless.

• Moderators

It removes desktop wallpaper, if you use it Windows will apply dark grey one color wallpaper as your new desktop wallpaper, if you like to use your own desktop wallpaper you have to re-define your desktop wallpaper.

I don't disagree, but it has it purpose

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&view=findpost&p=227743

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/ab8e5a85-a2e5-45e4-bbb8-fbdb7d9c15bd

and it defaulted to be unchecked.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

If you have a working wallpaper you dont need this entry.

But if you have a brocken wallpaper cache you can't do anything until you delt this file.

I have this problem very often :-(

If you have a working wallpaper you dont need this entry.

But if you have a brocken wallpaper cache you can't do anything until you delt this file.

I have this problem very often :-(

That should be stated in the warning.

Having an entry in winapp2 that breaks peoples wallpapers, on the basis that it sometimes fixes people's wallpapers is strange reasoning for inclusion to me.

Having an entry in winapp2 that breaks peoples wallpapers, on the basis that it sometimes fixes people's wallpapers is strange reasoning for inclusion to me.

I disagree.

People REALLY should not tick every box just because there is a box to be ticked.

I suggest that this should be retained for the odd occasion when it might be needed,

with a WARNING that this should ONLY be used to destroy a frozen wallpaper.

• Moderators

I think it should stay since it can fix a frozen wallpaper. Remember it's just a work around for people having an issue. If you don't have a frozen wallpaper and can't properly heed the very obvious warning then it's really your own fault/user-error that it's removing your wallpaper. And remember it has to be user activated to begin with!

The winapp2.ini file is something you pick and choose from anyway, no one needs to install the whole thing, only copy the cleaners you want from it, and don't bicker and ruin some useful cleaner for other people that may find it can be beneficial.

Edited by Andavari

New entries:

[Zend Studio 10*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Zend\ZendStudio
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0|*.html;*.txt
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0\docs|*.txt|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0\readme|*.html
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0\features|*.html|RECURSE
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0\jre|*.html;*.txt;COPYRIGHT;LICENSE
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Zend\Zend Studio 10.0.0\plugins|about.html;LICENSE;NOTICE;README;README.txt;VERSION|RECURSE

[Photodex ProShow Producer*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Photodex\ProShow
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Photodex\ProShow Producer|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%UserProfile%|proshow-burn.log
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Photodex\ProShow|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Photodex\ProShow\FontCache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\Photodex\ProShow\Styles\Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey6=%CommonAppData%\Photodex\ProShow\Transitions\Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Photodex\ProShow Producer\pxf\images\|xicons.txt

The winapp2.ini file is something you pick and choose from anyway, no one needs to install the whole thing, only copy the cleaners you want from it, and don't bicker and ruin some useful cleaner for other people that may find it can be beneficial.

I would argue though it's not a cleaner, it's a fix for a very specific problem. If someone sees an entry for, say, Audacity, they are gonna think "I have that" and use the entry. If someone sees an entry for a Windows 7/8 cache and they have Win7 or 8 they're gonna use it, especially thinking it's just a cache. If it's to stay in winapp2 it needs a more explanatory name or warning IMO

With more than a trace of sarcasm myself

I propose a standard warning for this and many other CCleaner Fixits :-

"It is STUPID to enable this unless you know why you need to BREAK something by doing so".

Even cleaning the ICON CACHE resulted in irreversible damage to my Win XP,

which I had to reverse by restoring a partition image backup.

I was (and am) prepared for disaster.

Any one who downloads Winapp2.ini and chooses to ignore warnings (blatant or otherwise) should also be prepared for disaster.

I would stipulate that in my view the loss of a Wallpaper is not a loss - and certainly should not be considered a disaster.

It is perhaps beneficial as a salutary warning :rolleyes:

CCleaner also provides an 'Analyze' function for each entry or on the whole.

I think laziness and/or ignorance are the root most often.

New entry:

[unHackMe*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Greatis
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\UnHackMe|*.err;*.txt;*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%Documents%\RegRun2|*.txt

Revised March 10: Added FileKey2

Modified entry:

[The Cleaner*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\cleaner8.exe
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\cleaner9.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\The Cleaner|*.txt;*.log;*.tmp;*.bak|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\thecleaner|*.log

- Edited Detect

- Revised and added rules to FileKey1

- Added FileKey2

• Moderators

Even cleaning the ICON CACHE resulted in irreversible damage to my Win XP,

which I had to reverse by restoring a partition image backup.

It's a known issue trying to just delete it outright, versus flushing it clean the safe way using Microsoft's Tweak UI. Even using RegSeeker to clean it would result into corruption.

It's a known issue trying to just delete it outright, versus flushing it clean the safe way using Microsoft's Tweak UI. Even using RegSeeker to clean it would result into corruption.

I think I tried Tweak UI with zero success.

Eventually I succeeded with Regseeker - BUT that trashed all the carefully located positions on my desktop.

Does anyone know why IE 10 for windows 7 keeps creating a Adobe folder in the Roaming folder of the users/app data ? I don't have flash installed so am wondering why every time I delete the thing that IE 10 keeps recreating it . I know it's probably off topic but figgered this to be the best place to get an answer or maybe some idea why.

New entry:

[ultraEdit*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit|*.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\IDMComp\UltraEdit|*.lst
FileKey3=%AppData%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\autorec|*.*|RECURSE

Does anyone know why IE 10 for windows 7 keeps creating a Adobe folder in the Roaming folder of the users/app data ? I don't have flash installed so am wondering why every time I delete the thing that IE 10 keeps recreating it . I know it's probably off topic but figgered this to be the best place to get an answer or maybe some idea why.

Perhaps Microsoft are trying for extra revenue from Adobe Reader referrals to compensate for disappointing sales of Windows 8 licences :lol:

Well, you can install IE 10 on Windows 7 now, which I did. I don't know. I'm not really worried about it so much that it's annoying. I don't have flash installed yet still have a Adobe flash folder being created. CCleaner winapp2.ini is still showing an Adobe flash listing as well as Adobe /flash settings entry and if I go to the flash settings manager online it confirms that I don't have fladsh installed. Yet, there are settings for it some place apparently if CCleaner is showing it. I swear I hate flash. Hate it with a passion. With IE 10 using html 5 why the heck do I need adobe flash? I don't get it.

• Moderators

nope worst plACE to get answer, start a topic in software...'k thx

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com