Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Thanks for the prompt reply Atom & Back_Track,

I'm still a bit unsure of what I need to actually do to apply this Winapp2 file to my setup. From what I've read I must place the .ini file in the CCleaner folder. However I can't seem to find anything clearly identified as the latest version to download. I've found different links/things emanating from this Piriform site but some of them have different amounts of text in them (simple updates?). I even found a zip file here but that didn't have any program info in it. For a non-techy this is just too hard. Is it meant to be so geekish people like me are precluded from having the best? Can anyone please actually point me to a simple download with the latest full ini file, a place I can go to to check often for the latest version? Or is this only the exclusive realm of the mysterious CCenhancer? Somebody please put me out of my misery! Cheers, bdh.

See my post above. The latest winapp2.ini file is found on the first page. Its update date is November 4'th, 2010, its the latest version. Just right click on the link and hit save link as, and it will save it as an .ini file. Or you could just click on the link, hit select all(Then copy) in your browser, then paste all the text into a text file. Then you have to change the file extension to .ini. The save link as is 10X easier though.

See my post above. The latest winapp2.ini file is found on the first page. Its update date is November 4'th, 2010, its the latest version. Just right click on the link and hit save link as, and it will save it as an .ini file. Or you could just click on the link, hit select all(Then copy) in your browser, then paste all the text into a text file. Then you have to change the file extension to .ini. The save link as is 10X easier though.

Thanks Miroku444, I have successfully placed the latest file in my CCleaner installation folder and it is working a treat! Absolutely fascinating. Thank you very much for your prompt and 'plain English' answer. Very much appreciated. Cheers, bdh

Thanks Miroku444, I have successfully placed the latest file in my CCleaner installation folder and it is working a treat! Absolutely fascinating. Thank you very much for your prompt and 'plain English' answer. Very much appreciated. Cheers, bdh

No problem.

Just bookmark this thread, and check back once in a while for updates. Remember to bookmark it on the 1st page so you go to the first page every-time you click on the bookmark.

I think it'd be nice if there were a way to assign a graphic to new sections, because section=whatever sort of looks hackish with no graphic.

I agree 100% :)

Belarc needs to be modified by adding a second DetectFile and FileKey2 for x64 systems

[belarc*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Belarc\Advisor\System\NPBelv32.dll
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Belarc\Advisor\System\NPBelv32.dll
Default=False
Filekey1=%ProgramFiles%\Belarc\Advisor\INSTALL.Log
Filekey2=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Belarc\Advisor\INSTALL.Log

I made a change to a couple of the ones I previously submitted.

[Windows 7 QuickLaunch (QL Not Used)**]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectOS=6.1
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch|*.lnk

I used DetectOS to identify Windows 7 and changed the Section to Internet (3022)

[JavaRa (Log)**]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaRa
Detect=HKLM\Software\JavaRa
Default=False
Filekey1=%SystemDrive%\|JavaRa.log

I used %SystemDrive% instead of C:\and changed the Section to Internet (3022)

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

Temporary Silverlight for XP

[Microsoft Silverlight for XP*] 
ID=2169 
LangSecRef=3023 
DetectFile=%localappdata%\Microsoft\Silverlight\is 
Default=True 
FileKey1=%localappdata%\Microsoft\Silverlight\is|*.*|RECURSE 
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%localappdata%\Microsoft\Silverlight\is\*\|disabled.dat

Also note new code type "ExcludeKey" does work in win*2.ini files :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Also note new code type "ExcludeKey" does work in win*2.ini files

Thanks much Nergal. "ExcludeKey" permits me to remove several items from Options>Include/Exclude and use Winapp2.ini

Is there a command that makes CCleaner remove/delete 0 byte subfolders within a folder?

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Just letting you know, doing that on a large scale is a bad idea.

Yes, I know...appreciate the feedback. I want to do it just within specific 3rd party program folders that create random named subfolders and then leave them hanging around :)

• Moderators

Hi - can the http://ompldr.org/vNjF0dg/winapp2.ini be accesed by FTP?

I'm not sure why you'd need it to be, but I doubt it ompldr.org is just a file hosting website like drop.io or mediafire

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Updated :)

Switched to dropbox also, new download link (permanent, only the file contents will change) can be found here:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/winapp2.ini?w=4a572faa

Link 403s (Page Forbidden)

Oops! (403)

It seems you don't belong here! You should probably try logging in?

You can also check out our FAQ or forums and maybe you'll find what you were looking for. Or maybe you should try heading home.

• Moderators

Double listing?

[Trakmania Forever Cache*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\TrackMania
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\TrackMania\Cache|*.*
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\TrackMania\Cache\ManiaCode|*.*

[Trakmania Forever Cache*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\TrackMania
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\TrackMania\Cache|*.*
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\TrackMania\Cache\ManiaCode|*.*

• Moderators

Felt like this needed an exclude key

[Windows Power Efficiency Diagnostics*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%AllUsersProfile%\Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\
Default=False
FileKey1=%AllUsersProfile%\Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\|*.xml
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%AllUsersProfile%\Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\energy-report-latest.xml

How about cleaning the contents of this from Skype:

C:\Documents and Settings\(USER)\Application Data\skypePM

^ This is the default location in Windows XP.

It would appear there is already an entry to do this:

LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%AppData%\SkypePM\
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\SkypePM\|*.ezlog

But it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Link to download Winapp2.ini Version: v1.0 build 101111

http://ompldr.org/vNjRzMw/winapp2.ini

Last Update:

November 11'th, 2010

The download link in the first post still goes to .box and is not downloadable.

The built-in log removal for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not remove logs for the new MBAM v1.50 in beta testing as we speak. Below is log removal for v1.50, removing only logs. I think it is highly unsafe to also remove Quarantined items of MBAM via CCleaner....which the internal Malwarebytes does. :huh:

[MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 (Logs Only)**]
Section=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Default=False
Filekey1=%CommonAppData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\|*.*
Filekey2=%AppData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\|*.*

This will clear out an ~100 mbyte installer cache after installing iTunes 10.+ on Windows 7 x64 and x86. It should also work on Vista x64 and x86. It also clears log files.

[itunes Apple Installer Cache & Logs**]
Section=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes
Default=False
Filekey1=%CommonAppData%\Apple\Installer Cache\|*.*|RECURSE|
Filekey2=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\|*.*|RECURSE|
Filekey3=%AppData%\Apple Computer\Logs\|*.Log