Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

The only comments I have about combing entries are that I know some would prefer to keep the Malwarebytes Separate so they don't have to clean the Quarantine area(which is what the default CCleaner entry does) I think combining them makes sense to me as the list is growing ever longer. Perhaps use the Warning tag to list out what is being cleaned the combined entries so its more apparent what they will be removing. Just my two cents.

I see nothing wrong/objectionable concerning the proposed MBAM combination. It is the built-in [Malwarebytes Anti Malware] that deletes quarantined items.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

The only comments I have about combing entries are that I know some would prefer to keep the Malwarebytes Separate so they don't have to clean the Quarantine area(which is what the default CCleaner entry does) I think combining them makes sense to me as the list is growing ever longer. Perhaps use the Warning tag to list out what is being cleaned the combined entries so its more apparent what they will be removing. Just my two cents.

They still are seperate? Winapp2.ini MBAM enty/entries don't clean quarantine. I didn't combine CCleaner default + Winapp2.ini entries, just Winapp2.ini entries.

Cleaning the Adobe Reader Setup Files is not a good entry. By removing these files you also prevent installing updates as well as doing a repair installation. The default installer for adobe reader attempts to do an update only and therefore looks for those files. I suggest removing the entry as its a pain if you would have to remove Adobe in order to update it.

Cleaning the Adobe Reader Setup Files is not a good entry. By removing these files you also prevent installing updates as well as doing a repair installation.

I can confirm this behaviour for the latest update (10.1.3). It's ridiculous that also the full installer wants those files and refuses the installation without them. What was Adobe thinking?!

The installation of the prior update worked flawless, so this problem couldn't have been foreseen.

Combined WinRAR entries into:

[WinRAR More*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\WinRAR
Detect2=HKCU\Software\WinRAR SFX
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR|*.tmp|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR SFX
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\General\Info|CommentFile

[WinRAR Comment*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\WinRAR
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\General\Info|CommentFile

[WinRAR Dialog History*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory

[WinRAR SFX*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\WinRAR SFX
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR SFX

[WinRAR Temps*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR|*.tmp|RECURSE

• Moderators

I can confirm this behaviour for the latest update (10.1.3). It's ridiculous that also the full installer wants those files and refuses the installation without them. What was Adobe thinking?!

The installation of the prior update worked flawless, so this problem couldn't have been foreseen

it's because they use .msp (Microsoft patch installer) for upgrades, less temp files, less update time, less likely to require computer restart, easier for self-installer network managers, easier for patch management software (domain or third. party). need I continue?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

it's because they use .msp (Microsoft patch installer) for upgrades, less temp files, less update time, less likely to require computer restart, easier for self-installer network managers, easier for patch management software (domain or third. party). need I continue?

Right, for the update only file (AdbeRdrUpd1013.msp) this is ok. But also the full installer file (AdbeRdr1013_xx_XX.exe) refuses the update even though it includes all the necessary files - and that is ridiculous.

• Moderators

But also the full installer file (AdbeRdr1013_xx_XX.exe) refuses the update even though it includes all the necessary files - and that is ridiculous.

Another reason perhaps to use an alternative PDF reading/viewing sofware.

Should the name on this one be changed from ??

[And Yet It Moves Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%AppData%\Broken Rules\And Yet It Moves Steam
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Broken Rules\And Yet It Moves Steam|console.log

to

[And Yet It Moves (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Please add this .... and I can't remember what the C:\D&S\username\Local Settings\Application data\ should be shortened to for all OSes.

[TWC Desktop Weather*]
; From: http://www.weather.com/services/winapp.html
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch
Default=False
FileKey1=C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch|*.*

Please add this .... and I can't remember what the C:\D&S\username\Local Settings\Application data\ should be shortened to for all OSes.

[TWC Desktop Weather*]
; From: http://www.weather.com/services/winapp.html
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch
Default=False
FileKey1=C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch|*.*

Firstly, we don't need the web address spammed in the entry. Secondly, that entry will only work for you (and anyone else called Charles)

This would be the correctly formatted version, I can't test whether it is a good cleaning routine or not though.

[TWC Desktop Weather*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch
Default=False
FileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch|*.*

EDIT: Having said that, it's generally not good to have the detect line the same as the file you are cleaning so think the detect key needs changing too.

This should work better. and if you recall I said I wasn't sure what the local application data should be so it matches all OS possibilities. So there is no need to get after me either.

[TWC Desktop Weather*]
; From: The Weather Channel
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\The Weather Channel\Desktop\patch|*.*

I think it is good to run Trim-12.bat before submitting proposed additions to Winapp2.ini to be warned of any "BAD DETECTION" etc

EDIT: Having said that, it's generally not good to have the detect line the same as the file you are cleaning so think the detect key needs changing too.

I agree with your comment.

I suggest that it would be better to use :-

DetectFile=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\The Weather Channel\Desktop

NEW ENTRY:

[Cave Story+*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\cave story+
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\cave story+|log.txt

MODIFIED ENTRIES:

[League of Legends*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Riot Games\League of Legends
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\LolClient\Local Store\#SharedObjects|analytics.sol
FileKey2=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads|*.log*
FileKey3=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0*\deploy|*.log
FileKey4=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0*\deploy|*.txt
FileKey5=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0*\deploy\logs|*.log
FileKey6=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0*\deploy|*.log
FileKey7=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0*\deploy\temp|*.tmp
FileKey8=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs|*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey9=%UserProfile%\riotsGamesLogs|*.log

<-Added FileKey1.

[Age of Conan*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan|patcher.log
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan|chrome_debug.log
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan|MiniDump.dmp
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan|CrashLog.txt
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan|ConanPatcher.exe.0.tmp
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan|AgeOfConan.log
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Funcom\Age of Conan\OldLogs|*.*

<-Changed entry name.

[And Yet It Moves*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False

<-Changed entry name.

[Anki Backups*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Anki\Anki.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\.anki\backups|*.*

<-Removed | from the end.

[borderlands*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%Documents%\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Logs|*.log

<-Changed entry name.

Merged/Changed AOL entries into:

[AOL More*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\AOL
DetectFile2=%ProgramFiles%\AOL 9.0
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9*|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9*\bart|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9*\spool|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9*|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop *\spool|*.tmp
FileKey6=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop *\bart|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop *\spool|*.tmp
FileKey8=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop *\bart|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%CommonAppData%\AOL Downloads|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion\recent IM ScreenNames
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion\recent ScreenNames
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion\Users

[AOL 9.0*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\AOL 9.0
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9.0\bart|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9.0\spool|*.*|RECURSE

[AOL 9.1*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9.1
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9.1|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL 9.1|*.tmp|RECURSE

[AOL 9.6*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.6
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.6\spool|*.tmp
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.6\bart|*.*|RECURSE

[AOL 9.7*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.7
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.7\spool|*.tmp
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.7\bart|*.*|RECURSE

[AOL Instant Messenger*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion\recent IM ScreenNames
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion\recent ScreenNames
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger ™\CurrentVersion\Users

[AOL Program Updates*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\AOL Downloads
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AOL Downloads|*.*|RECURSE

Merged/Changed AVG AntiVirus Installer entries into:

[AVG AntiVirus Installer*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AVG*\SetupBackup|*.*

[AVG AntiVirus 10 Installer*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg10
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AVG10\SetupBackup|*.*

[AVG AntiVirus 2012 Installer*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avg\Avg2012
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AVG2012\SetupBackup|*.*

[AVG AntiVirus 9 Installer*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg9
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\AVG9\SetupBackup|*.*

Merged/Changed Battle.Net entries into:

[battle.net*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.Net\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

[battle.Net Cache*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.Net\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF

[battle.net Logs*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Battle.net|*.log|RECURSE

Should this:

%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

be removed? Doesn't get removed by CCleaner yet (with Winapp2.ini).

MERGED:

Champions Online entries into:

[Champions Online*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\common\Champions Online
DetectFile2=%Public%\Games\cryptic studios\Champions Online
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Champions Online\Live\Cache|*.*
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Champions Online\PlayTest\Cache|*.*
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Live\Logs\GameClient|*.*
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Playtest\Logs\GameClient|*.*
FileKey5=%Public%\Games\cryptic studios\Champions Online\Live\Cache|*.*
FileKey6=%Public%\Games\cryptic studios\Champions Online\PlayTest\Cache|*.*

[Champions Online Cache*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\common\Champions Online
DetectFile2=%Public%\Games\cryptic studios\Champions Online
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Champions Online\Live\Cache|*.*
FileKey2=%Public%\Games\cryptic studios\Champions Online\Live\Cache|*.*
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Champions Online\PlayTest\Cache|*.*
FileKey4=%Public%\Games\cryptic studios\Champions Online\PlayTest\Cache|*.*

[Champions Online Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\common\Champions Online
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Live\Logs\GameClient|*.*
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Champions Online\Playtest\Logs\GameClient|*.*

%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

I recall this being removed because it messes with flash games, flash cookies, logins, etc.

OK, thanks! I could try it out and see what happens. :D

Please do not remove/clean %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

because it is the user settings for Flash Player as set up via the Flash Player applet in the Control Panel.

• Moderators

Please do not remove/clean %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

because it is the user settings for Flash Player as set up via the Flash Player applet in the Control Panel.

yup I agree.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com