Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

here's something I've been missing for ages:

(deletes all dialog history including searches (find function) in winrar)

working code, please add this:

[WinRAR Dialog History*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory

have been trying to do a code that deletes all subfolders separately instead of deleting the entire DIalogEditHistory key for almost 1 hour now...

tried stuff like

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|REMOVESELF|ArcName|FindArcNames|FindNames

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|RECURSE|ArcName|FindArcNames|FindNames

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|REMOVESELF

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory|*.*|RECURSE

and all that stuff with a slash on the end, just like this:

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory\|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\WinRAR\DialogEditHistory\|*.*|REMOVESELF

etc.

even tried using * instead of *.*, because that would make sense, as *.* usually stand for filename.extension since at least 1981, and regkeys don't have any extensions.

but nothing works! dammit! I'm already tearing my hair out...

so I hope you'll just accept my code from above which is the only one that's working at all. thanks

Thanks!

As is, it's removing the key and subkeys on win7 and just the subkeys in winxp for me. With it just recreating the Key and subkeys of Exts when I open a ext type.

After changing it to RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer|FileExts it regenerated the whole entire list :o

edit. the |FileExts didn't work. The list was regenerated when I task killed explorer and restarted it.

Maybe it can't be removed :o

[Cached File Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

I recommend that this code be removed from WinApp2.ini. On doing a manual removal of this key, several of my programs no long recognized their file associations. Outlook also lost the fact that it was the default email client. The FileExts key does start to regenerate itself, but it does require some manual intervention (as stated above) during this regeneration. I don't think this is something that WinApp2.ini should invoke on users.

Note: I had manually backed up the FileExts key before manually removing it.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

[Cached File Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

I recommend that this code be removed from WinApp2.ini. On doing a manual removal of this key, several of my programs no long recognized their file associations. Outlook also lost the fact that it was the default email client. The FileExts key does start to regenerate itself, but it does require some manual intervention (as stated above) during this regeneration. I don't think this is something that WinApp2.ini should invoke on users.

Note: I had manually backed up the FileExts key before manually removing it.

siliconman01, you always scare people here. :) I am a registered user of R-Wipe&Clean and East-Tec Eraser since these programs are out. Both the programs have an option to remove Cached File Extensions. I always use this option on 2 diff. machines (Win 7 32-bit and 64-bit), never had a problem.

BTW it is just a 'CACHED' copy of user's File Extensions.

Code to kill and then restart Explorer.exe. You need to kill and restart explorer.exe to remove Tray Notification cache after running CCleaner.

@echo off

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe

start explorer.exe

exit

Code to kill and then restart Explorer.exe. You need to kill and restart explorer.exe to remove Tray Notification cache after running CCleaner.

@echo off

start explorer.exe

exit

How about

@echo off

cd C:\Program Files\CCleaner\

ccleaner.exe /AUTO

explorer.exe

@echo off

start explorer.exe

exit

Would you not get the same result by rebooting the P.C., which also kills and restarts explorer.exe (and much more) ?

Why would you want CCleaner to take special action if the cache is destined for oblivion at the end of the day ?

I think removal would be the better option, for the very limited functionality the entry provides it's not worth the hassle (IMO)

Yes, I agree. I am sorry I tried my best but, I couldn't make it work.

Updated :)

I will update the winsys/winapp combo a little later, for now the main winapp2.ini has been updated though.

Thank you. Don't know if you missed the posts listed below.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&view=findpost&p=209608

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&view=findpost&p=209727

MODIFIED ENTRY

[Corel VideoStudio Pro X4*]

LangSecRef=3023

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Pro X4\vstudio.exe

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Corel\Messages|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%AppData%\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro\14.0\en-US|VS_Pro.log

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%AppData%\Corel\Messages|*.policy

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro\14.0\HerRFL

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro\14.0\Library Manager|Latest Export Folder

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro\14.0\Preference|Working Folder

RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro\14.0\VIO\Recent Dir

I suggest the following warning message be added in the code below:

[MS Management Console More*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%AppData%\Microsoft\MMC
Warning=This resets the window size of Task Scheduler and Event Viewer back to the default size.
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\MMC|*.*

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

The two codes below show up on Windows 7 systems. An OS detect needs to be included.

[Windows XP MUICache*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

[Windows XP ShellBags*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\
Warning=This will delete window size, window position and view setting of all folders.
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

You have missed some of my modified entries:

[Avira AntiVir Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile1=%CommonAppData%\Avira
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|*.*
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\APPDATA\LOGFILES|*.*

Added FileKey2.

[star Wars: The Old Republic*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%|Install STAR WARS The Old Republic.log
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\SWTOR\CrashDump\swtor|*.*
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\betatest\retailclient\Temp|*.log
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\logs|*.log
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs|*.log
FileKey6=%UserProfile%\Documents|Uninstall STAR WARS The Old Republic.log

Modified & added FileKeys.

[uTorrent More*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\utorrent|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\uTorrent\ie|*.tmp
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\uTorrent|*.tmp

Added FileKey2.