Update for Any Video Converter.

Before:

[AnvSoft Any Video Converter (Database)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\AnvSoft
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter|*.db

After:

With a proposed shorter name, new detection since they make other software too, also we don't need the developer name listed in the cleaner name/title.

[Any Video Converter*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter
Default=False
FileKey1=%appdata%\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter|*.db
FileKey2=%appdata%\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter|*.log

Thats ok, but I like to separate the database cleaning and the logs. When you delete the database the program takes way longer to load. So most of the time i only want to delete the logs. Plus, i made one that deletes all their products.

[AnvSoft(Database)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any Audio Converter|*.db
FileKey2=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any DVD Converter Professional|*.db
FileKey3=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter|*.db

[AnvSoft(Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any Audio Converter|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any DVD Converter Professional|*.log
FileKey3=%AppData%\AnvSoft\Any Video Converter|*.log

Off topic, perhaps, but I've uninstalled Revo uninstaller pro and ironically, it seems to leave it's own junk behind. the winapp2.ini has two revo references. One is a backup and one is a uninstaller log reference. I really didn't even need the program but just wanted to see what it did. I've uninstalled it using it's own uninstaller but now am stuck with two references in CCleaner that were not there before I actually installed the program. and they won't go away. This means it left it's own mess. right? does anyone else use this program and know where it keeps it's junk so that i don't see it in CCleaners apps list?

Thanks. I probably should know this but I don't.

Edit -- Never mind. I found it. Sorry. Was dumb, really..

Apple Installer Cache

[Apple Installer Cache*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache
Default=False
FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache|*.*|RECURSE

This folder is not for iTunes or QuickTime, it is for the Apple Updater itself and the Apple Application Support.

It looks like Apple does not delete old versions when installing a new one. This folder has become extremely large by old installer versions on my computer.

http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=206213

[Apple Installation Temps*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\Installer Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Apple\Installer Cache|*.*|RECURSE

http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=206213

[Apple Installation Temps*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Apple\Installer Cache|*.*|RECURSE

Does only this entry

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache|*.*|RECURSE

make Apple redownload iTunes installers, too? I don't have iTunes but QuickTime and deleting this folder works fine.

Because, as I posted already, this folder is for the Apple Updater itself and the Apple Application Support, I recommend only this entry for winapp2.ini.

This

folder contains the last QuickTime installer, and only the last one, so I guess Apple deletes the old ones when downloading a new one. Therefore this folder doesn't need to be cleaned actually.

can someone with iTunes test it? I know this behavior used to happen, but I don't know if they've changed it (probably not)

I have iTunes on my system. I removed the files from the location (%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\) and sent to Recycle bin. I went to 'Programs and Features' option in Control Panel and tried repairing iTunes, I started getting Windows Installer error that: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'iTunes.msi' in the box below.

C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\iTunes 10.5.1.42\

I think we should not remove installations files for the programs have an option to Change/Repair in the Add/Remove section.

[skype Installers*]

LangSecRef=3023

DetectFile1=%CommonAppData%\Skype

Default=False

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Skype\*|Skype.msi

This entry removes the .msi file but, does not remove the empty folder (%CommonAppData%\Skype\{AA59DDE4-B672-4621-A016-4C248204957A}) that containts this file. There should be a way to remove the whole installation package.

Becareful when you are modifying this entry. There is a folder 'Apps' in that location (%CommonAppData%\Skype\) that should stay there as Skype needs this folder and its contents.

I think removing Skype installations files is safe as Skype has no option to Change/Repair.

This reminds me; I get these eg. {1B6CD216-14B4-4543-916D-F6EC466EC868} and other folders named like that created over time in %localappdata%, they are empty and can be deleted.

Even made an entry of it for myself:

[LocalAppData {} Folders*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%|{*}|REMOVESELF

C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\iTunes 10.5.1.42\

I think we should not remove installations files for the programs have an option to Change/Repair in the Add/Remove section.

Thank you for testing.

But that was the folder I recommended NOT to delete.

Instead, I recommend THIS folder

%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache

Actually it is only necessary to delete the many subfolders "AppleApplicationSupport*"

So the entry should be

[Apple Installer Cache**]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache\AppleApplicationSupport*|*.msi|REMOVESELF

But I did not think of the repair function.

To keep the repair function it would be necessary to keep the latest folder and msi-file

But since one does not know the latest folder name one cannot create an exception.

It would be nice to have such a function in CCleaner, something like |KEEPLATEST or so, also for other installation files that fill up the hard disk and have not been removed by updates, latest log-files and so on.

Thank you for testing.

But that was the folder I recommended NOT to delete.

Instead, I recommend THIS folder

%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache

Actually it is only necessary to delete the many subfolders "AppleApplicationSupport*"

So the entry should be

[Apple Installer Cache**]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Apple\Installer Cache\AppleApplicationSupport*|*.msi|REMOVESELF

But I did not think of the repair function.

To keep the repair function it would be necessary to keep the latest folder and msi-file

But since one does not know the latest folder name one cannot create an exception.

It would be nice to have such a function in CCleaner, something like |KEEPLATEST or so, also for other installation files that fill up the hard disk and have not been removed by updates, latest log-files and so on.

That location contains:

AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi

AppleApplicationSupport.msi

Bonjour.msi

All the above programs are part of iTunes.

Modified Entry

I noticed on my machine I kept getting the Logmein Hamachi displaying even though I have never had it installed before. I attempted to change the registry key to Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn, Inc.|LogMeIn Himachi to hopefully detect the String value although it didn't seem to work(any Tips you have I would gladly take). I did change it to now detect the files instead. I also have corrected the Spelling of Himachi

[LogMeIn Hamachi More*]

LangSecRef=3022

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\LogMeIn Hamachi\

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\LogMeIn Hamachi\

Default=False

FileKey3=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Hamachi|*.old

FileKey4=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\LogMeIn Hamachi|*.bak

Her's an entry I made to delete the recent file list in the ebook reader/converter Stanza Desktop.

[stanza Desktop*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\stanza\container\swt
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\stanza\container\swt\recent

You could replace 'recent' with 'bookmarks' or 'positions' to delete all bookmarks or the last positions of opened files.

NEW ENTRIES

[batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Logs*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%UserProfile%\Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\BmGame\Logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%UserProfile%\Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\BmGame\Logs|Launch.log

[HandBrake Logs*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%AppData%\HandBrake\logs
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\HandBrake\logs|*.txt

[iWisoft Free Video Converter Logs*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\iWisoft Free Video Converter
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\iWisoft Free Video Converter|VideoConverter.log

MODIFIED ENTRIES

[Avira AntiVir Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile1=%CommonAppData%\Avira
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|*.*
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\APPDATA\LOGFILES|*.*

This entry is pretty old, I guess. Steam default installation folder is now %ProgramFiles%\Steam. I added a few FileKeys:

[Valve - Steam (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Valve\Steam\SteamLogs|*.log
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Valve\Steam|Steam.log
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\logs|*.txt
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Steam|Steam.log

NEW ENTRY

[Firefox Install Log*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox|install.log

MODIFIED ENTRY

[star Wars: The Old Republic Logs & Dumps*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\betatest\retailclient\Temp|*.log
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\logs|*.log
FileKey3=%Documents%|Install STAR WARS The Old Republic.log
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\SWTOR\CrashDump\swtor|*.*
FileKey5=%UserProfile%\Documents|Uninstall STAR WARS The Old Republic.log

Edited by nodles

More cleanup of multi-monitor program DisplayFusion

[DisplayFusion (Setup File & Log)*]
Warning=This removes the DisplayFusionSetup.exe file and DisplayFusionSetup.log generated during the installation of DisplayFusion.  Both are unneeded after the installation is completed.
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Binary Fortress Software\DisplayFusion
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\DisplayFusion|DisplayFusionSetup.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\DisplayFusion|DisplayFusionSetup.exe

[DisplayFusion (Auto Backups)*]
Warning=This removes the DisplayFusion auto backups of the Program's settings.  This settings backup file is automatically created when a new version of DisplayFusion is installed. The folder is located at %SystemDrive%\User\My Documents\DisplayFusion Backups
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Binary Fortress Software\DisplayFusion
Default=False
FileKey1=%UserProfile%\My Documents\DisplayFusion Backups\|*.*

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

For TrojanHunter users:

[TrojanHunter (Debug Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\TrojanHunter
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\TrojanHunter *\|Debug.log
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\TrojanHunter *\|DebugLog.txt

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

hello,

is it worth to add rules to clean Dropit logs and backups ?

hxxp://dropit.sourceforge.net/

I see this is created in : c:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\Application Data\DropIt\

Thanks to consider.

If you study to remember, you will forget. If you study to understand, you will remember.