Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I install(&re-install) freemake video converter, and freemake audio converter in the default locations, and never had any issues. Though, i do a clean un-install of both programs when i install new version.

Shouldn't Freemake Audio Converter have the % in the DetectFile line like Freemake Video Converter does? Shouldn't it be DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%, not DetectFile=C:\Program Files?

You're right. It should be %ProgramFiles%.

[C:\ Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile1=%SystemDrive%
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.log|*.txt

Edit: Hmm somehow that entry doesn't work in winapp2.ini, but if I add it in CCleaner's (built-in) include-list it works?

Any ideas, Winapp2.ini or someone else?

And thanks for the Facebook & Twitter updates, maybe I'll start using (also) Twitter now. :P

I added a twitter page and a facebook page, for avid users of the sites, if people want to be informed of updates without having to check the thread. :)

I really hope you have also added entries inter Winapp2.ini to purge Twitter and Facebook :P

Any ideas, Winapp2.ini or someone else?

And thanks for the Facebook & Twitter updates, maybe I'll start using (also) Twitter now. :P

Should have two separate file keys, but I'm not sure how many programs / windows processes store files in C:\ that might be considered important.

I really hope you have also added entries inter Winapp2.ini to purge Twitter and Facebook :P

Soon! :lol:

Should have two separate file keys, but I'm not sure how many programs / windows processes store files in C:\ that might be considered important.

Might be, but what I've seen there's been just some (useless) log-files (.txt / .log). Maybe add a warning there, too.

Thanks, this worked (seperate filekeys for .log and .txt):

[C:\ Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile1=%HomeDrive%
Default=False
FileKey1=%HomeDrive%|*.log
FileKey2=%HomeDrive%|*.txt

NEW ENTRIES

[Mozilla Thunderbird Install Log*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Thunderbird
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Thunderbird|install.log

[Mozilla Thunderbird Update Logs*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile1=%LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Mozilla Thunderbird
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Mozilla Thunderbird|*.*|RECURSE

[Mozilla Thunderbird Profile Cache*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile1=%LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles|*.*|RECURSE

MODIFIED ENTRIES

[Adobe Acrobat Updater Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile1=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\*\Updater|updater.log

[League of Legends Logs & Cache*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads
Default=False
FileKey1=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads|*.log|*.log1|*.log2|*.log3
FileKey2=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0*\deploy|*.log
FileKey3=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0*\deploy|*.txt
FileKey4=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0*\deploy\logs|*.log
FileKey5=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0*\deploy|*.log

• Moderators

I am going to strongly argue against!!! The c:\logs entry. It's too big too general and too likely to cause mass havoc

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

thunderbird I believe is cleaned via mozilla/Firefox

I suddenly realized that the c:\logs isn't recursive but still it's a risky item to add to the public template

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

thunderbird I believe is cleaned via mozilla/Firefox

I suddenly realized that the c:\logs isn't recursive but still it's a risky item to add to the public template

Yeah, and I was asking why my entry didn't work, so C:\ |.log|.txt -entry was mainly for myself. Like I said, seperate filekeys solved the problem. Also it's not C:\logs but %HomeDrive% (or %SystemDrive%) |*.log|*.txt (in the root of C:\, not in C:\logs-folder). I don't think Mozilla entries clean those Thunderbird-caches that I just posted. Although Thunderbird recreates profile(folders) in %LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles and %LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Mozilla Thunderbird (after visiting Help -> About or Help -> Check for updates). I'm using Thunderbird 8.0 at the moment.

Also just learned that I can't use wildcards in DetectFile(am I right?) and sometimes multiple filekey-extension don't work in one FileKey, eg:

FileKey1=%HomeDrive%|*.log|*.txt entry didn't work, but

FileKey1=%HomeDrive%\Riot Games\League of Legends\rads|*.log|*.log1|*.log2|*.log3 entry works.

Edited by nodles

• Moderators

wait isn't the thunderbird profile folder where you keep all of your settings? Why are you deleting the whole thing

Thunderbird profiles are located at %AppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles and should not be deleted.

urlclassifier3.sqlite-file in %LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles profile-folder "Contains information on known phishing sites. Seems to be a replacement for urlclassifier2.sqlite, which replaced urlclassifier.sqlite." and gets recreated after using Thunderbird, Cache-folder, well, has Thunderbird cache in it, also gets recreated (in smaller size though, so it frees up space). Removing my profile in %LocalAppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles didn't affect my settings/emails, also ticked some settings in Thunderbird before cleaning and they we're still ticked. What I did notice, was that if you had email(s) opened in Thunderbird while closing it, after cleaning the mentioned folder, it might show all/some of those emails blank, so I had to reopen them, but it didn't delete the messages. Probably something to do with the cache-folder?

• Moderators
What I did notice, was that if you had email(s) opened in Thunderbird while closing it, after cleaning the mentioned folder, it might show all/some of those emails blank, so I had to reopen them, but it didn't delete the messages. Probably something to do with the cache-folder?

Pop or Imap? or Exchange?

I had "similar" problems with some older version of Comodo Firewall + MPC HC. Comodo ran some update background and MPC HC mentioned about it in the info box (at the bottom of MPC) and resized from full screen to windowed, which was pretty annoying. :D

MODIFIED ENTRY

[HUAWEI 3G Mobile Connect Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%WinDir%\ModemLogs
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\ModemLogs|*.txt

Title should be changed to Windows Modem Logs. It also contains other modem logs (not just HUAWEI).

REVISED ENTRY

[iTunes Logs*]

LangSecRef=3023

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\Logs|*.crash|RECURSE

FileKey2=%AppData%\Apple Computer\Logs|*.log|RECURSE

FileKey3=%WinDir%\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.log|RECURSE

NEW ENTRIES

[iTunes Album Artwork Cache*]

LangSecRef=3023

Default=False

FileKey1=%Music%\iTunes\Album Artwork\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

[iTunes Previous Libraries*]

LangSecRef=3023

Default=False

FileKey1=%Music%\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries|*.*|RECURSE